Nov 17, 2019
Hey but at least it's 60fps which is the most important thing right?! What was that? Nobody cares? Okay then....

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't help but feel that it's kind of cheap to just use the same Young Eivor model for both genders. They didn't do that with Kassandra and Alexios

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
It's cross-gen and it shows. I don't know what it is about Ubisoft games but they always look so stiff.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm...The story set up plays out fine...I am just not impressed with the visuals so far. I wonder if the Deep Dive vid is even representative of how the game will look on any system, including my PC...

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
I feel like I need to see a side by side comparison video between Odissey and Valhalla to understand why so many seem to say the game looks terrible. I feel like it looks similar to Odissey, which was pretty good, is that the issue? Is the criticism that the game doesn't seem to have evolved much in graphical fidelity, rather than it actually looks that bad?

Oct 25, 2017
The sound design seems buggy and the entire direction of the cutscene feels really awkward. I wonder if the day 1 patch will fix the audio (assuming something is indeed missing) and make it feel more natural.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
That running animation:
gorilla.gif

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
2020 was the year where I finally set reasonable expectations for a new AC title and I am very, very glad I did so.

This looks like the definition of "wait for sale."

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
If it is Next Gen patched version, we can say that the Xbosx does not add anything to graphics.

Everything in the video looks like a Xbone launch game.

Maturin

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
So this is perhaps not even the full Series X patch, recorded at just 1080p and highly compressed.

And yet folks are willing to say it looks terrible, just like that?

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Correct. This isn't the next-gen version.

A lot of content for review is tied to release dates and content won't be available until the launch date.
Again there is no way this is the Xbox one version. It is running 60FPS, they cap the framerate in the xbox one/ps4 version of the game. This is the Xbox Series X version I'm assuming using a review code.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
A reminder of how AC Unity looks, a game that released in 2014...

I feel like I need to see a side by side comparison video between Odissey and Valhalla to understand why so many seem to say the game looks terrible. I feel like it looks similar to Odissey, which was pretty good, is that the issue? Is the criticism that the game doesn't seem to have evolved much in graphical fidelity, rather than it actually looks that bad?

To be fair, Odyssey isn't even the best looking AC game this gen. That crown would go to Unity and Odyssey imo.

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They need to show footage of the game looking like this. so far the gameplay has looked pretty current gen, rather than even cross gen to me - 60 fps aside which is a nice bump.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
A reminder of how AC Unity looked, a game that released in 2014...

I get what you're going for here but 2 points:
  1. This game did not run 4k 60 when it released in 2014 so not a good comparison
  2. The video of Valhalla is 1080P, take a look at the Deep dive trailer to really see how this game looks in 4k

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So is this without the Series X update? I mean if they have the retail XSX copy of the game, they don't need the update...

Remeran: not a single piece of live gameplay footage released from this game yet has looked like the Deep Dive trailer.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Will Ubisoft ever release an open world game without dreadfully compressed audio? If I have to go through another generation hearing those tin-can footsteps or cassette recording voice work, I'll lose my fucking mind.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait until I am able to play it. I don't expect games to look truly next gen until we mostly ditch current gen. Maybe 2022

Jan 29, 2018
Looks like Odyssey but not as vibrant, which I guess makes sense because this video is all snow-covered woods. I'm not panicking yet. I never expected a gross gen game to be the mind-blowing graphical showcase for new hardware.

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
They need to show footage of the game looking like this. so far the gameplay has looked pretty current gen, rather than even cross gen to me - 60 fps aside which is a nice bump.

this looks so curated, there is a cut every 3 seconds or so. all the jank seemed to be edited out.
i consider continuous gameplay footages to be much more representative of what you'll get

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
Looks very different from the Deep Dive trailer; are we sure this is the patched nextgen version?

TheSix

Nov 1, 2017
Toronto
Again there is no way this is the Xbox one version. It is running 60FPS, they cap the framerate in the xbox one/ps4 version of the game. This is the Xbox Series X version I'm assuming using a review code.
I'm reviewing the console. This is not the next-gen.

If it is, this is likely a leaked copy without a day one patch.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
That looks like a step down, visually. Some of those textures look crazy low-res and the lighting is nothing like in the deep dive trailer, for example.

Pet peeve I guess but it's kinda annoying to me that the shrubbery straight up clips through the character with barely any interaction. I mean, come on now.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
So you're saying that the Xbox one version of this game is uncapped? I find that extremely interesting considering no other AC game has been uncapped since Unity. If so, why do you think they'd do that?

It could well be that it is built so if the xbox one version is put in a series x it simply runs in a 60fps compatibility mode but its still the last gen version, if this is 60fps, I can only view on my phone.

Glad to hear next gen looks better.