Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Valhalla looked bad back in the summer "leaks" and looks bad now
Yeah, I don't get why some are bringing up this being a leak to make it seem like it'll look better on release. It didn't look good during the conferences and it still doesn't, this is just a generally poor and janky looking game.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I played Unity this year, at least I think it was this year as 2020 is a time anomaly but I am not that excited for this. Will get the uber edition for 80% off down the line no wait Ubi still get money from that. 2nd hand it is, maybe.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
It's kinda weird because some times the game looks pretty meh but other times it looks beautiful. Their deep dive trailer sold me on the game and I'm holding out hope it lives up to that trailer. I loved Origins and didn't like Odyssey at all. To date it's the only AC game I never completed.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I am a sucker for AC games. Show me some gameplay stealthily clearing a fort and I am all in. Same with Far Cry. I loved spending 20-minutes in Far Cry 4 sniping every alarm before clearing out the warehouse/drug factory/fort in every area.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Few months ago, and this was a firm lock for me; was going to be my first game of next gen. Now I'm going to wait; may even wait for a sale.

I've got no idea whether the Day One patch will make it look better, and so I'm going to wait now. They've already messed up with WD: Legion, and I'm glad now that I never preordered that either.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Few months ago, and this was a firm lock for me; was going to be my first game of next gen. Now I'm going to wait; may even wait for a sale.

I've got no idea whether the Day One patch will make it look better, and so I'm going to wait now. They've already messed up with WD: Legion, and I'm glad now that I never preordered that either.

Legion is great. This will be amaze sauce too.

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is this just the Xbox One version running on Series X, or is it the actual Series X version

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Let's keep in mind, we went from Black Flag to Unity when they focused exclusively on next-gen consoles during the last generation. There's some potential for greatness here in a few years when the One and PS4 are dropped.

THRILLHO

Nov 6, 2017
I am a sucker for AC games. Show me some gameplay stealthily clearing a fort and I am all in. Same with Far Cry. I loved spending 20-minutes in Far Cry 4 sniping every alarm before clearing out the warehouse/drug factory/fort in every area.

big same. I'll dump 300 hours into this. Origins hooked me, Odyssey went bigger with more RPG elements, and Valhalla is learning lessons and building even more RPG elements in. Gimme.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Guys, this game is essentially Microsofts biggest title for the new console, especially after Halo. They have been pushing this title hard.

Look at how awesome watchdogs legion looks on the series x. This will look remarkable as well.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Guys, this game is essentially Microsofts biggest title for the new console, especially after Halo. They have been pushing this title hard.

Look at how awesome watchdogs legion looks on the series x. This will look remarkable as well.

Huh? Where is their footage of this looking remarkable anywhere? Game has always looked held back by current systems

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It's time to let it go. Valhalla is going to look good but not next-gen, because it is not next-gen. Isn't this by the Origins team? When they started development they didn't know next-gen existed.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
It's time to let it go. Valhalla is going to look good but not next-gen, because it is not next-gen. Isn't this by the Origins team? When they started development they didn't know next-gen existed.
Yup, it's the team that made Origins, and true no need to be upset about the visuals. Valhalla is obviously a cross gen title.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Era has a hard time with games that review in the 7 to 8 range. Legion is a perfectly fine game that tries something new with its recruitment mechanic.

I have a hard time dealing with Ubisoft in general right now. Hard to be excited about a game when I know money is ending up in Yves's pockets. That's before factoring in how little I've liked what I've seen for this game.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
There's plenty of sub 80 MC games I like, Legion isn't one of them.
I was speaking about Era as a whole. I'm not saying some people can't not like it. I'm saying there's this narrative that floats around these types of games that they are bad or something. The amount of people not just saying they don't like Legion but actively shitting on it and acting like it is a bad game is crazy. Legion is completely serviceable at worst.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I was speaking about Era as a whole. I'm not saying some people can't not like it. I'm saying there's this narrative that floats around these types of games that they are bad or something. The amount of people not just saying they don't like Legion but actively shitting on it and acting like it is a bad game is crazy. Legion is completely serviceable at worst.

From what I've played I actually would go as far to say it's a bad game and a poor effort given the pedigree and money behind it. I'm not surprised at all people are "shitting on it", it's not very good. It's not just here either, there doesn't seem to be much good said about it anywhere.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
From what I've played I actually would go as far to say it's a bad game and a poor effort given the pedigree and money behind it. I'm not surprised at all people are "shitting on it", it's not very good. It's not just here either, there doesn't seem to be much good said about it anywhere.
A complete exaggeration. The game has a 77 on Metacritic. There's plenty of positive things people are saying about it.

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It looks like it's gonna be a current Gen Assassins Creed enhanced for next Gen which is what we all should have been expecting. 60 FPS on console is super nice anyway and I'm very much looking forward to playing it.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
We've seen this game on PC. Like Legion, it will have stunning environments but bad character models with awful hair rendering

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Yikes. Pushing 4K is a mistake. And goes to show that great looking games are still dependent on a developers talent, artistically and technically. No amount of pixels is going to make up for that.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Legion doesn't look that good too, at least not as a next gen game, these games are crossgen plus they are third party games too. It doesn't help we just experience some great looking current gen games like TLoU2 and Ghost. Demon Souls and CP2077 (on highest end pc) are the only next gen looking game imo.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Huh? Where is their footage of this looking remarkable anywhere? Game has always looked held back by current systems
Don't blame rough writing and clunky combat on this generation's hardware.

GoT is an example of an open world title that looks great and plays well, despite being boring as fuck

Valhalla looks sloppy in a way that I really haven't seen in a Ubi game recently. Even if Unity was held together with scotch tape, you can see how far it was pushing the tech.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Is this footage anywhere? If not, then why is thread still open?

J.T

Nov 22, 2017
Saw this early, thought it looked good. In fact made in decide to preorder. First game on the series X

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First of all thanks. I don't always agree with all your reviews but I love your honesty and your passion. Keep it up, I'm staying subbed and love what your doing. I've been surprised at how loose "journalists" are playing with the facts. Keep em honest.
No worries lol. I don't even always agree with my own family or real life friends. I never expect everyone to agree with everyone about everything. Just glad someone likes the vids

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
A complete exaggeration. The game has a 77 on Metacritic. There's plenty of positive things people are saying about it.
People can be perfectly justified in saying they think a game is 'bad', regardless of how well-reviewed it might be--that's the nature of opinion and critique. For instance, GTA V has 97% on Metacritic, but I think it's a genuinely awful game - easily the worst Rockstar's ever made - and if I could be bothered to write a few thousand words on the topic, I could explain exactly why. I'm not wrong to think that, just as the people who wrote the reviews that gave it that 97% score weren't wrong to praise it.

Critics aren't expected to append 'imo' to everything they write, and nor should they be.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
Don't blame rough writing and clunky combat on this generation's hardware.

GoT is an example of an open world title that looks great and plays well, despite being boring as fuck

Valhalla looks sloppy in a way that I really haven't seen in a Ubi game recently. Even if Unity was held together with scotch tape, you can see how far it was pushing the tech.

Haha good point

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

Often i really like mixed reception games but Legion has nothing going on for it. dated feeling, cut features, the game doesn´t come together as a whole, it is like a loose collection of ideas and mechanics. the thing is that the game is just boring, it manages to make everything uninteresting. it comes off like a beta or early access version, it feels unfinished.

coupled with loading times that occur often for an open world game and crashes on the Pro it is one of the worst Ubisoft games this gen.
i am glad that a friend of mine lend me his copy over the weekend as he was also not amused about the game because it is at best worth 15 bucks when it is properly patched so that it doesn´t crash anymore. i already had my fill after playing it for two days.

Legion is just a wet fart in the wind and i had really high hopes for this game.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
People can be perfectly justified in saying they think a game is 'bad', regardless of how well-reviewed it might be--that's the nature of opinion and critique. For instance, GTA V has 97% on Metacritic, but I think it's a genuinely awful game - easily the worst Rockstar's ever made - and if I could be bothered to write a few thousand words on the topic, I could explain exactly why. I'm not wrong to think that, just as the people who wrote the reviews that gave it that 97% score weren't wrong to praise it.

Critics aren't expected to append 'imo' to everything they write, and nor should they be.

Sure you can not like a game that was reviewed well. Saying nobody has anything positive to say about Legion as Leng Jai has claimed is just flat out wrong.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Often i really like mixed reception games but Legion has nothing going on for it. dated feeling, cut features, the game doesn´t come together as a whole, it is like a loose collection of ideas and mechanics. the thing is that the game is just boring, it manages to make everything uninteresting. it comes off like a beta or early access version, it feels unfinished.

coupled with loading times that occur often for an open world game and crashes on the Pro it is one of the worst Ubisoft games this gen.
i am glad that a friend of mine lend me his copy over the weekend as he was also not amused about the game because it is at best worth 15 bucks when it is properly patched so that it doesn´t crash anymore. i already had my fill after playing it for two days.

Legion is just a wet fart in the wind and i had really high hopes for this game.
See my post above. You are free to not like it. Plenty of people do.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
It's kinda weird because some times the game looks pretty meh but other times it looks beautiful. Their deep dive trailer sold me on the game and I'm holding out hope it lives up to that trailer. I loved Origins and didn't like Odyssey at all. To date it's the only AC game I never completed.

The game looks gorgeous in this trailer on my phones 1440p HDR screen. I think this shows at tue very least, that the game will look great on a high-end PC. Getting Skyrim x Assassins Creed vibes from those lush open fields, isolated towns, and ornate, wooden Viking halls.

I'm quite sure this will look excellent on Series X and PS5 too. I just hope the image quality doesn't look too soft if the resolution dips below 4k. I'm tempted to pick it up on Series X.

P.S. this thread continually popping up, advertising 15 minutes of Series X gameplay, but never delivering the goods is the most consistently disappointing thing on Resetera right now.

Oct 27, 2017
I spoke with Ubisoft support a while back and asked if the Series X version was on the retail disc without any patches needed and they told me that it was. So, take that as you will.