• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
4, & they all share the same animations. You'd need to make multiple sets of animations for the ARMS characters to avoid homogenizing them. And if they couldn't even do Garou Terry, I wouldn't get your hopes up for a composite slot.

Not if they modify the existing high quality animations from an existing switch game.

Hero and Terry had to all be made from scratch

The wouldn't be the case with the ARMS people, and even then, in the source game only Ribbion girl can double jump and she has a specific animation for that.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Choosing Spring-man after teasing the possibility of it being any other fighter from ARMS would be the absolute worst thing they can do.

It'd be like "what was even the point of that?".

You mean like planning a wave of dlc with all 3rd party fighters that introduce new worlds/IPs to Smash, then ending said wave with another Fire Emblem rep? That was the "worst thing" they could do and they did it.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
TWINTELLE TIME

tenor.gif

Twintelle for the wintelle! I really, really hope it's her.

...But I'll also accept Min Min as a suitable consolation prize.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
This game absolutely NEEDS it to be Twintelle, but please let it be any of the women and not one of the boring fucking dudes on the roster.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Let's go Twintelle. It's time

I will settle for my main Ribbon Girl only cause that stage would be fire in Smash but I still think it should be Twintelle

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
can someone refresh my memory, this new fighter will be for the first fighter pass? or is it already for the second one?

julian

Oct 27, 2017
It's a totally new character we've never seen who will be introduced in the sequel. OUT NOW!

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really really hope it's Twintelle. Min Min wouldn't be bad either.

Maxroy

Dec 5, 2019
Wildcard theory.
It's Min-min.

Their gimmick is that you select the left/right arm on the character select screen (like selecting assists in anime fighters) with each arm changing their abilities and giving them unique overall traits.

People who can master the most combinations will be a force to be reckoned with.

(the rest of the cast will appear as stage props)

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Love the whole cast of Arms so wouldn't mind any fighter tbh.

Would be even better if they just made each costume a different characters like Olimar/Alph

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Eeww clowns... Id take springboi over that.
Happy that it would be Twintelle but would trigger my OCD of not being the main character of the game.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
The whole cast is great so I should be pretty satisfied by basically whoever it ends up being.

...But I'm lowkey hoping it's Biff. Great way to rep ARMS without showing favoritism to a particular fighter and he is something of a mascot for the game/ingame league.

Deleted member 70647

User requested account closure
Banned
May 31, 2020
The only thing with Twintelle I see not helping her case is that she doesn't actually use her arms, she uses her hair. I feel like Sakurai would wanna use a character who uses their arms in battle to rep arms lol.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sakurai would never disrespect ARMS to the point of making the different fighters be different costumes. All of the characters in ARMS are too unique for that treatment.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
On a sidenote, ARMS is a really damned good game.
Jumping and dashing around in ARMS is so fun, I was playing the other day leaping off the limos on Twintelle's stage and air-dashing sideways while throwing punches with the grenade effect and I was like "Holy shit this game is ridiculously fun"

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Not if they modify the existing high quality animations from an existing switch game.

Hero and Terry had to all be made from scratch

The wouldn't be the case with the ARMS people, and even then, in the source game only Ribbion girl can double jump and she has a specific animation for that.
You do realize that they never do that, right? If they wanted, they could have reused Terry's KoFXIV animations.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
The only thing with Twintelle I see not helping her case is that she doesn't actually use her arms, she uses her hair. I feel like Sakurai would wanna use a character who uses their arms in battle to rep arms lol.
In the terminology of the game her hair limbs are still ARMS even if they're not arms, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
It probably has been discussed to death but to me the fact that Twintelle doesn't use her arms just eliminates her right away. Unless there are multiple characters, then she might sneak in there. But if there's only one who's meant to represent the game, then she doesn't fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.