• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Omg, you can land on the dropships... and that's where those landing ships come from!

EVERYTHING FINALLY MAKES SENSE

This game is officially alright.

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't had that much fun with a multiplayer shooter in a long time. Damn it's good

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, now check out this guy and his BS without even playing the game:

2r3ko4z.png

Crazy, right?

Why did you post this in both threads?

We've all reacted badly to announcements before. Let it go.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Lifeline and Mirage's passive ability would need to be altered before solos is introduced. Or they can disable skills.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ehn. Tried 3 matches on this probably isn't for me.

I just don't like how low the TTK is. Even on Gibraltar with body armor up it feels like I go down in <10 seconds even against one player let alone in squadfights.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Played a half dozen games last night and enjoyed the hell out of it. Can't wait to jump back on later.

Lupercal

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Crazy that this is still an updated version of the Source engine.
Runs great and doesn't look to bad honestly. Might need to get to know the guns more because some are straight up bad versus any kind of armor.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Loved what I've played so far, can't wait to get back for more.

I think trios fits what they want to do with the classes and their abilities. Also, it's easy to play this game even with 1 random player due to the in-game non-verbal coms.

Agreed it does work great, but I think duos would still be a blast without sacrificing the squad-play focus. It's those games with randoms where people STILL break off from the squad that make things frustrating. I won a brilliant match with 2 other randoms, but also played another where 1 team mate just split off on his own.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

pinging LukarWuff since you requested it

Thanks!

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Ehn. Tried 3 matches on this probably isn't for me.

I just don't like how low the TTK is. Even on Gibraltar with body armor up it feels like I go down in <10 seconds even against one player let alone in squadfights.

I disagree. I think the TTK feels pretty good. If the enemy is on top of you with a shotgun you're done, but if they attack from a distance you usually have a pretty good chance of escaping and mounting a counterattack. I find Bangalore and Wraith are good for beginners because of this.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
its enjoyable enough, but I doubt im gonna stick with it for too long

i spend a lot of time already with single player games, with those and work i don't really have a lot of time to invest in sommit like this

maybe the battle-pass thing will keep me somewhat interested next month

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. I think the TTK feels pretty good. If the enemy is on top of you with a shotgun you're done, but if they attack from a distance you usually have a pretty good chance of escaping and mounting a counterattack. I find Bangalore and Wraith are good for beginners because of this.

Fair, glad you like it. Still way too low for me. I want long, drawn suggests. Like maybe 2 to 3 times as long as Halo ideally.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
its enjoyable enough, but I doubt im gonna stick with it for too long

i spend a lot of time already with single player games, with those and work i don't really have a lot of time to invest in sommit like this

maybe the battle-pass thing will keep me somewhat interested next month

But you are a dog, so go and be a good boy and play!

Buttzerker

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, yeah, I get that. Sometimes I want that kind of Halo 2/3 TTK again. Haven't played a game like that in quite some time. Good memories.

Yeah, I think shooters just might not be for me anymore, honestly. This game's great though! But something like For Honor, where the fights can go anywhere from 20s to a minute or more, is more my speed.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
How come Valve couldn't make a decent BR game for CS using Source? They have to be looking at this with envy.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
Really liking this! Very polished and feels great. Haven't made a huge amount of kills, but it seems like something I'll continue playing.

Excuse my ignorance, but how are they making money of this?

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nope. Stuff like this is cancer to this forum. I picked him, but there were dozens to choose from.

The tone in this place has gotten so fucking negative towards EVERYTHING that it sometimes sucks the fun right out of gaming for me.

People shit on everything by default and that has to change.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Stuff like this is cancer to this forum. I picked him, but there were dozens to choose from.

The tone in this place has gotten so fucking negative towards EVERYTHING that it sometimes sucks the fun right out of gaming for me.

I'm 100% certain you have had to eat crow before over making a dumb post or comment IRL. Everyone has been there.

It's perfectly fine for people to have a negative impression of a reveal. Your post dredging this up is far more toxic for this place, imo. No need for it, especially singling out a specific person like you did. Especially as they ate their crow without even prompting.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Really liking this! Very polished and feels great. Haven't made a huge amount of kills, but it seems like something I'll continue playing.

Excuse my ignorance, but how are they making money of this?

It's lootbox-based, and I think has a battlepass coming up in the springtime. Also looks like a special currency to buy featured skins/heroes.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I actually feel like the TTK is long at times. Might just be the armor but I kinda want everything to die a little faster.

Dojima

Alt-account
Banned
Jan 25, 2019
Nice OT! I'm really enjoying the game. Loving the characters ultimate combo

Also this:

69-EAD828-6-B71-435-B-8-B63-9-B428-FC07-CA7.jpg

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Character unlocks, skins and loot boxes.
Oh and Battle Passes later.

And I have to say that the skin designer team, at least for weapons, is f'n good in what they do. They did a crazy good job with specially the rare skins, they really look expensive.

Yeah that blue dragon one looks pretty cool.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So... Wraith's default look is her coolest skin right? Kinda like the legendary ME2 Jack ones, but the default's cloak really suits her.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't help but feel the executions feel so jarring. The smooth gameplay just to get put to abrupt halt is strange to me.

I didn't like the movement yesterday, but after playing for hours? I feel like they should've kept wall running. This running feels good.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Negative impression = it´s dead before the official announcement.

You learn something new every day.

What are you even doing now Glam, it's a negative impression. I didn't say it wasn't a stark, baseless, frustrating negative impression.

But your weird little crusade here over two threads singling out a user who freely ate their own crow is more toxic than the original post you focused on.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm 100% certain you have had to eat crow before over making a dumb post or comment IRL. Everyone has been there.

It's perfectly fine for people to have a negative impression of a reveal. Your post dredging this up is far more toxic for this place, imo. No need for it, especially singling out a specific person like you did. Especially as they ate their crow without even prompting.

If people didn't get called out for bullshit every other post on era would be lazy devs or conspiracy theories. Stop caping for shitposts.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I've got a preliminary Discord server setup for anyone interested in joining. Also, if you want to help run the Discord server, let me know too.

[Hidden content]
Note: you have to reply to this post then refresh the page for the link to show up.
Note2: If you still can't get it to work, shoot me a PM, and I'll get you an invite.

[Hidden content]

Weee! Thanks for the discord.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If people didn't get called out for bullshit every other post on era would be lazy devs or conspiracy theories. Stop caping for shitposts.

That person freely ate their own crow, it didn't deserve singling out and an image created and placed in two threads.

Stop caping for toxic behaviour.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I've opened only 5 of their crate-things and already came across crafting material :/

those only show up if what you drew was a dupe, right?

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm a sucker for Healer roles. Is the Healer chick viable? I just don't want to be some squishy healer who has to hide behind a crate every 5 seconds.

Deleted member 2321

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
image created and placed in two threads

That was a mistake actually. I thought I posted it the OT, but couldn´t find it so I posted it "again".

Only realized after your post that I posted it in an old thread.

Anyway - enough derailing.

Apex heroes is great - shitting on a game without knowing anything about it is dumb.

Moving on.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
That was a mistake actually. I thought I posted it the OT, but couldn´t find it so I posted it "again".

Only realized after your post that I posted it in an old thread.

Anyway - enough derailing.

Apex heroes is great - shitting on a game without knowing anything about it is dumb.

Moving on.

Enough derailing.

Gets one last snipe in.

Good game mate.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

This is the truest post.

I'm with you on the sheer endless negativity towards everything sucking the fun out of the forum.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm a sucker for Healer roles. Is the Healer chick viable? I just don't want to be some squishy healer who has to hide behind a crate every 5 seconds.
I'm interested in this answer too. Been looking for a FPS with a healer role I could get into for a while now.

Wonderful news! :D
She not only revives teammates faster but she also deploys a shield protecting her. She has a robot that heals you when you get close to it and it has a quick recharge time. If you have her combined with Gibraltar and Bangalore you have a pretty OP team.

Status
Not open for further replies.