• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Thats what I'm looking at right now...
Please feel free to join me as we watch Mr.Javelin fixer with the kids

f61531fc-0656-403e-b302-b8caa60caad6.png

It's always fun watching the kids run by but it gets a tad bit old after 7+ hours lol

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Oh shit. I closed Anthem and said fuck it one more time, it asked me if I wanted to rejoin the game session and I said yes and it actually loaded. Wow I can play.

Soviet Bear

May 25, 2018
Also I've seen some posts commenting about how hard the game is on normal with two people.

After one or two missions getting used to controls, I've had no issues running missions on hard with just one other javelin (interceptor and ranger). Not tried the stronghold yet.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
has anything in the world ever felt worse than moving around the hub area in this game

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
EA boned BFV marketing now this. For the record I really enjoy BFV now after a rough start. I wonder if any of this would have happened with Peter Moore in charge.

Apr 8, 2018
Ugh, I'm still getting the infinite loading screen like I was earlier today. Has anyone had success loading into the game by just letting it sit on the infinite loading screen? (I'm on Xbox One if that matters)

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my loots are basically gone if I finished the expedition but was booted out during mission exit loading? Great, best feeling in a loot game is missing out on loots

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'll stop trying for tonight. They should really keep the VIP demo going until the open demo starts as an apology for the terrible start, especially considering we basically paid for the VIP demo by preordering.
Yeah agreed. This is a disaster. And people are probably working overtime to fix it.

Shit like this should release during the week instead

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yep still stuck in loading screen hell. Already tried restarting both the game and Origin client.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Reading all these comments and usually I am very forgiving with beta's, but this is a demo which is different from a beta and this game is also launching soon. It just seems like a mess. I cannot judge for myself as I can't get into the game on Xbox or PC but just reading all these posts it just does not sound like it is impressing people. A demo is meant to show people what your game is about with the caveat that there could be some issues, but this just sounds bad and instead of making positive impressions, it is having the opposite effect. I hope that the final game launches in a better state, but being so close to launch it just does not seem like launch will be smooth at all.

Again, I have not played it personally just taking in all the comments from the last 8 pages and other than a few positive posts, most of the comments are towards the negative. I sure would love to play it myself though. Being both a EA Access and Origin member, I don't feel like a VIP at all.

people are geared up to hate this game, so I wouldn't worry about it until you've actually played it

Seven

Oct 25, 2017
Austin
Anyone else having issues with it saying 'You don't have VIP access?' when you try to login? The EA website says I do.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got in but it seems to be stuck at ~40fps on my system. Put it on low it tops out at 40-45. Put it on Ultra it's at 40-45. Weird.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
has anything in the world ever felt worse than moving around the hub area in this game
One of my biggest complaints from the alpha. Traversing the hub in this game is terrible by every measure.

Only positive is it seems they incorporated a landing bay that has everything you'll need for missions. The hub pretty much serves as a plot device.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Does anyone else find the audio / sounds in the game... lacking punch? Muffled even. Something feels really off outside of perhaps the Javelin movement samples.
Yes

The sound mixing is trash and it shouldnt be, ME2, 3 and Andromeda all sounded fantastic in combat.

WizzNARD

Jan 5, 2018
So to all those on Xbox, has anyone gotten by just waiting on the title screen? Wonder if it's worth sitting there or just keep restarting

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017

I'm in the same boat with you, with the exception that I loved Monster Hunter so Anthem's loop might be interesting to me. But this answers a lot of questions I had about the game, so thank you.

I'm going to give it a chance on the open demo, if it doesn't click...well time to move on.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I spoke too soon. The next mission I'm stuck in infinite loading again. Fuck it i'll try tomorrow.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
lol "now this", as if technical issues on the first day of a demo mean the fate of this game is decided.

gamers are so fucking miserable
You misunderstood what i said. I love BFV now so I understand the process. However I don't remember Destiny having issues this bad. I thought EA would have been better prepared.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Walking in the hub area seems torturous. Jesus criminy they make you walk so slow.

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
Like many others on Xbox, can't get past the title screen. Tried countless times tonight as well and nothing. Yeah, I think I'm done for the night.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So my loots are basically gone if I finished the expedition but was booted out during mission exit loading? Great, best feeling in a loot game is missing out on loots

Seems like it. Happened to me twice. Done all the missions and I still have all common gear because all my loot disappeared into thin air due to the infinite loading screens.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
Did the first mission, triple threat?

After a loading screen, I was directed to a tunnel that needed a second loading screen to get into, and a third when I was told that I needed to go elsewhere to the REAL objective. After shooting stuff (Which was fun enough) I had to go stand by a box, which wasnt especially clear, and the shoot a constantly respawning pack of enemies, which still repawned instantly both before and after I'd started my box quest.

Like I get waves, but the respawns were instant...is that what this game basically is?

Status
Not open for further replies.