Status
Not open for further replies.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Pros:
-Mech suits are getting tuned up, which is good in case I ever get a chance to get in one.
-Seams like it's a nice day out.
-Kids seam to be enjoying themselves.
-Font is pretty unique.

Cons:
-One guy seams lazy
-Workshop area is very messy.
-Steps look unsafe.
-Lots of exposed wires. Electrical hazard.

Lol.

Orangecoke

Jan 14, 2019
Also I've seen some posts commenting about how hard the game is on normal with two people.

After one or two missions getting used to controls, I've had no issues running missions on hard with just one other javelin (interceptor and ranger). Not tried the stronghold yet.
I was trying to solo first mission and having a tough time on a large settlement area, on Normal. And I'm not a scrub, so it was discouraging. Then it crashed mid mission :/

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked, if u pre ordered on PSN has anyone been able to get the 3 friend codes?

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Marketing manager at bioware needs to be fired for the 1-2 punch of allowing your producer to say this game went gold two days ago on Twitter and labeling this a demo instead of a beta.

1st impressions for a title that the general audience has little understanding about and is made by a company that the hardcore community has negative sentiment around is paramount.

And it sucks because I think the game is actually fun when working as intended. Yikes all around.

Gatti-man

Banned
Jan 31, 2018
Oh my god... the dialog is so cookie cutter bad..
Tarsis in general feels so fucking bad.

Then I get out in the world and stop caring lol. Shooting stuff and the movement feels so good. I love the way the weapons sound too. The bass is perfect on my home theater. The fiancé ran upstairs thinking I bought a new action movie.

Playing on the Xbox X and the graphics are arguably the best I've seen on a console to date at times. Character models in Tarsis are trash though.

Oct 27, 2017
There's hardly ever a time in this game on PS4 Pro when the performance isn't absolute shit . I can't judge how this game plays when it runs so poorly. They aimed for 30 fps and rarely even hit that. I'll try this again in a year or so.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I got in a few games earlier (Free-roam) but now I'm stuck in an infinite loading screen right after I enter my javelin suit and try to start a Free-play Expedition...

ATOMICJORGE

Oct 25, 2017
zg8gBSf.jpg

I can't get past this screen on Xbox One X and I had to start a live stream 30 minutes ago

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I've spent 1 hour just trying to load into freeplay or a mission , managed to get into freeplay for 5 mins before it crashed .

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's hardly ever a time in this game on PS4 Pro when the performance isn't absolute shit . I can't judge how this game plays when it runs so poorly. They aimed for 30 fps and rarely even hit that. I'll try this again in a year or so.
Are you playing on a 4k display or 1080p? I'm playing on a 1080p display with supersampling off and honestly it matches the gameplay of my pc version at 60. Indoors feels 60fps in caves and stuff and outside in combat feels 45-50

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This doesn't run well, this isn't tight, visually i'm unimpressed, and it just seems kind of generic. These enemies aren't interesting to fight. Plus i keep having it freeze load at 95%, the hub is slow but i was expecting it to look prettier if it was going to be this slow first person thing. I'll give it another shot tomorrow but i'm disappointed, I also can't imagine soloing this game it just doesn't have enough in that level design

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if I can play the demo on multiple platforms? I tried the PS4 version but now I want to try the PC version!

Portmanteau

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marketing manager at bioware needs to be fired for the 1-2 punch of allowing your producer to say this game went gold two days ago on Twitter and labeling this a demo instead of a beta.

1st impressions for a title that the general audience has little understanding about and is made by a company that the hardcore community has negative sentiment around is paramount.

And it sucks because I think the game is actually fun when working as intended. Yikes all around.
Oh, come on.

The game did go gold. There was nothing incorrect about that.

As for beta versus demo, there's hardly a difference in the gaming community anymore. It's semantics.

Calm down.

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017
Well overall I had a great time playing today. Although like everyone else the server issues soured the fun times. Just because when things were getting good I was constantly kicked from the game and a couple of straight up crashes. (I'm on ps4 pro) I lost out on beating the stronghold boss right at the end because of server side troubles. I hope they can make joining friends as smooth as destiny. Also the screen never fit to my television no matter what I did. I hope that is fixed. I know that this build is like 6 weeks old so there will be lots of fixes between then and launch. That said I cant wait to play the full experience.

Oct 27, 2017
Are you playing on a 4k display or 1080p? I'm playing on a 1080p display with supersampling off and honestly it matches the gameplay of my pc version at 60. Indoors feels 60fps in caves and stuff and outside in combat feels 45-50
1080p super sampling off. Indoors feels like lower 20s. In a fight with three other players the framerate dropped regularly into the teens

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like a poor mans Destiny.

The best thing this game has going for it is the flying, which doesn't control all that well and has a ridiculously low rate before a cool down is required.

For an open world game, this sure has a lot of loading screens. Way too many.

Not being able to see/equip loot in game instantaneously is a really bad decision.

Nothing really stands out to me.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What the hell is this game still not working? Just tried for the first time today on PS4 and that first screen just keeps saying that the Anthem service isn't available right now.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Feels like a poor mans Destiny.

The best thing this game has going for it is the flying, which doesn't control all that well and has a ridiculously low rate before a cool down is required.

For an open world game, this sure has a lot of loading screens. Way too many.

Not being able to see/equip loot in game instantaneously is a really bad decision.

Nothing really stands out to me.

Well it's not really open world

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Man, I beat the final Mathias mission and it hitched on the victory screen and then when I loaded back in, I was back at Fort Taris. I don't know if I got the loot drops or not but I think I did but damn, this is ridiculous.

These fucking load problems better be gone in the main game. They just have to make games always online these days huh.

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I got in and played for roughly 30 minutes on Xbox (X, if that matters). Not sure what I think. Kind of makes me appreciate Destiny more.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
My friend and I are both trying to play on PS4, and neither of us are having any luck. My experience is that I'm getting stuck on the main screen and getting an error message when trying to connect to the servers. My friend is stuck in a loop that keeps showing him the EA/Frostbite logos.

Does anyone have any tips to help us play?

Status
Not open for further replies.