• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017

Imagine a ppv is coming up and for once the heels messing with their opponents arent making them look weak. Imagine actually building up a feud with a face instead of just making faces geeks to feed large body builders, mma dudes or any part timer who the owners had success with over a decade ago.

If this was in WWE the faces would have gone up to the heels, fought fair, got either screwed and squashed or just outright bodied. It would have ended with the faces in tears or on their backs helpless.

Yet here we are before a ppv and since it's new you dont have the liberty of nostalgia and legacy behind the ppv name itself to sell it on. You have a company putting over a feud. You have faces wrecking heels and not putting up with shit anymore and making a difference for the fans. You have the talent people want involved in the top spots too. Even if Cody loses hes gonna be redhot and Jericho will be more over as a heel for stopping him
If he wins hes gonna be a hero and Jerichos group attacking him will be more over than ever for further feuding.

Now look at Seth Rollins in his build to beat Brock for the belt. The face and hes made a fool of every week. Hes destroyed every week. Hes so deflated and flat and lifeless by the end of the build he doesnt even have life in his promos. He loses...no one will care. But wait he wins...aaaaaand no one cared because they didn't get him over by building him up to be so weak. Plus when he wins as champ he still cheats the fans of finishes like the dq win over Bray Wyatt. The fans arent allowed to be fulfilled in how they handle their faces there.

After 20 years of wanting wwe to build feuds properly and let characters get over its good to see AEW doing a ppv build right. I'm tired of everyone on the roster bein treated like a loser till they're a heel and then cheating the fans outta just why they wanted that character in the top spot to begin with. Oh you want Ambrose? Fine. Hell be a prop to push Rollins and a germaphobe. Oh you want D.Bry as champ? Oh okay but only if we get to write him off as a crazy environmentalist loser to mock as champ and try to run heel.

AEW dynamite 3 absolutely killed it and this is the best end of show in ages. Just wanted to make this thread for the casuals who missed it to see how wrestling can be awesome again and not just because someone posted crazy flippy dudes. (PS-they had crazy flippy dudes on that night too :D )

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But this was the middle of the show though.
But to add my opinion it was very good. Only other one I've enjoyed in recent memory was the one between bryan and aj. Some good comedy

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched it yesterday. It was so good. Can't watch the slapstick WWE garbage anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
This wasn't even the end of the show either. Was maybe halfway through.

And I agree shit is hot. They've had a few great scraps between these two groups over the past few weeks and I honestly can't wait to see how it shakes out at the PPV, knowing that the worst that can happen is Jericho wins clean and that we aren't going to get some fuck finish and that some 55 year old past their prime has been isn't going to come out and ruin everything.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the end of the show was a time-limit draw?

(EDIT: D. Bry as Planet's Champion was the best heel run in decades.)

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Funny enough the other show had its best ending in recent memory.

This segment was great though.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Fine. Not end of show then. I cant take away from Pac vs Moxley. It was amazing.
I'm just really happy with this piece and I've been up since 5 yesterday.

We finally get to see faces on equal footing with heels.

This reminds me of old WWF. I should start watching.
Reading that reaction makes me.happy I made this thread even though I should get some sleep. I wanted folks to see that someone out there has a product that looks and feels like the good shit of old 90s wrestling.

staedtler

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
whats the best way to get into aew. i've had an itch for wrasslin for awhile and wwe is awful

Spidey

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Lots of great moments but I just love Jericho crying about having tickets and then throwing in "That's what happens when you mess with the inner circle" as security drags Cody and co. away after they'd kicked their asses.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
whats the best way to get into aew. i've had an itch for wrasslin for awhile and wwe is awful
Hulu live has aew dynamite on tnt. Plus any dark matches on Dynamite get aired on Tuesdays for free on youtube as AEW dark. Theres some folks cutting teeth on those dark shows but some amazing stuff as well like the 8 man tag match and the janella vs omega hardcore match recently.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Actually I just remember the brawl from the first live nxt usa show. Really enjoyed all the random people involved including Walter sitting with some friends. Not sure which was better.

Deleted member 60582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 12, 2019
Alright Cody borrowing the scarf to punch through the glass was pretty bad ass.

Also Jericho's line about scarves had me dying.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I think he turns heel eventually and possibly at the next PPV.
He was Cody's pet project goin into AEW. They're best friends even though MJF is a number 1 heel promo cutting asshole to everyone on the card. MJF gonna MJF. They can run him either way and hed get away with it hes so over on the mic. Hes what Miz wishes his promos were.

DDP is actually close friends to the Rhodes family irl. Thus him coming out in entrances at ppv and helping in the brawl. Holy fuck is he ever over still.

Sir Swish

Oct 26, 2017
I'm loving AEW aswell. I know I can watch it for free on ITV but its defo worth the ÂŁ4 for Fite.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Someone musta gotten cucked for that to happen, right?

Cucking is the only thing people in wrestling do these days.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I'VE GOT A TICKET!

Also that crutch guy sneakily giving one of his crutches to Jericho.

Seeing how both shows ended, both are miles over the "A" shows.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
if we're breaking the rule of "end of show"

come on it's this

Lol yeah...I'm so tired I forgot moxley vs pac closed the show and wasn't mid. That brawl felt like such a classic end of show moment. I haven't felt this big on a feud for the main event of a ppv in ages. Just feels like whatever the two do next is gonna be as insane as the crazy shit stone cold used to do to folks. We gonna see Cody vs Jericho brawling at the green frog supermarket next? Feels like it lol.

Amazing stuff. Even dipping dots was posting bout this.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I had never even heard of Dippin' Dots until last night. We don't have them in Canada and I am not even sure what they are. Little frozen ice cream balls?

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hulu live has aew dynamite on tnt. Plus any dark matches on Dynamite get aired on Tuesdays for free on youtube as AEW dark. Theres some folks cutting teeth on those dark shows but some amazing stuff as well like the 8 man tag match and the janella vs omega hardcore match recently.

That Janella v Omega match is so fucking good, one of my favorite AEW matches so far. Absolutely insane that it was a dark match. This shit is PPV-tier.
Vid should start at the beginning of the match.

Jun 14, 2019
we also got spoilers of many blizzcon ticket holders come blizzcon

BHcS9PT.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
AEW has managed to capture the energy and excitment of late 90's era wrestling without (most) of the shitty stuff associated with it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. Cody responded to dip n dots. New sponsor? I hope! I'm gonna be hunting this flavor down....

They do great action spots with sponsors lol. Just look at how over cracker barrel got Darby Allin and vice versa!

Last edited:

thefro

Oct 25, 2017

Just saw someone filmed the brawl on their phone and there's some funny details we didn't see on TV like Santana begging one of the police officers to help him and DDP being pretty involved.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Cody wrapping MJF's scarf around his hand then punching through window is fucking 10/10 fantastic.

Love MJF in general. Dude is insufferable and it's great.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
What's the best way for non-Cable Canadians to watch the show? TSN wants $20 a month for their streaming service and that's too rich for someone who doesn't care about other sports.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think he turns heel eventually and possibly at the next PPV.

It won't happen that soon. It'll happen, but they're going to let that go on until we aren't even thinking about it...then it will happen.

I actually wouldn't be surprised to have it eventually be Cody that turns on him, to subvert all expectations. That's the long term booking I'd do, at least.