GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
thedigitalbits.com

BREAKING: Disney sets ANDOR, OBI-WAN, MOON KNIGHT & THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER for Blu-ray & 4K Ultra HD on 4/30!

BREAKING: Disney sets ANDOR, OBI-WAN, MOON KNIGHT & THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER for Blu-ray & 4K Ultra HD on 4/30!

The Falcon & The Winter Soldier and Moon Knight are getting physical releases after WandaVision and Loki Season 1.
falconwintersoldiers14ksteel_open.jpg

moonknights14ksteel_open.jpg

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Interesting that Moon Knight and F&WS are titled 'the complete first season', while Obi-Wan is titled 'the complete series'.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that Moon Knight and F&WS are titled 'the complete first season', while Obi-Wan is titled 'the complete series'.
That is weird, because WandaVision's box set was also "The Complete Series." Moon Knight Season 2 I can see happening, but there's no way we're getting a second season of The Falcon & The Winter Soldier, if only because Sam Wilson isn't even the Falcon anymore, lol.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hearing from an unverified source X-Men 97 will now have a two episode premiere. But I don't exactly trust it.

Anyone hear about this change? Just because Disney+ was originally saying it was a one episode premiere

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Bob Iger on superhero fatigue:

Disney's had some misfires at the box office including areas where's its dominated for years like animation and superhero fare, which activist investors are using as one cudgel as they push to get their outside candidates onto the the Disney board.

"A lot of people think it's audience [superhero] fatigue. It's not audience fatigue. They want great films. And if you build it great, they will come," he said. He noted that has made nearly $30 billion from 33 films. "We got to return to something akin to that. And I actually am confident that we will."

"As a studio, that was number one at the box office for seven out of eight years, that was not an accident. That's a combination of both, obviously, the IP that we have, but also the execution — both the management execution, the execution from the creative side."

He said the fix "basically means spending a lot of time with the creators, watching these films, giving detailed notes … engaging in a respectful process that results in improvement. And actually, when I talked about being relentless, it's not letting certain things get in the way of making something great. Whether it's more resources … or more time."

And, "You have to put into the pipeline things you really do believe in. And we know we're working on that as well."

deadline.com

Disney Has “Killed A Few Projects” Amid Studio Overhaul, Says Bob Iger; “We’ve Not Been That Public About It”

Disney CEO Bob Iger said the studio has “killed a few projects already that we just didn't feel were strong enough" as it faces a box office slump.

He's saying the right things, at least. Basically they'll take the time and resources needed to create something great, more quality over quantity. We'll see if it's all talk.

Also, with the MCU pipeline basically locked in until 2026, it'll be a while before we see any of the results of this supposed new philosophy.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some interesting episode names. "Fire Made Flesh" is a recurring Dark Phoenix line, and "Lifedeath" is the story of Storm losing her powers and getting them back.

The original X-Men TAS did a Dark Phoenix story so I'm not sure what they would do if they did a new Dark Phoenix story here.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
The original X-Men TAS did a Dark Phoenix story so I'm not sure what they would do if they did a new Dark Phoenix story here.
Maybe Madelyne Pryor related? Maybe they'll retcon it and say that Jean actually did die in the Dark Phoenix story back then and Madelyne has been impersonating her since? That's not really something that Madelyne does in the comics but we know she's appearing in the series at some point, I dunno.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Madelyne Pryor related? Maybe they'll retcon it and say that Jean actually did die in the Dark Phoenix story back then and Madelyne has been impersonating her since? That's not really something that Madelyne does in the comics but we know she's appearing in the series at some point, I dunno.

In case people have forgotten, the rest of the X-Men give up some of their life force so Jean can continue living at the end of the Dark Phoenix Saga in the original X-Men: TAS.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLNQ2JRb4zA

(As Jean did not kill a planet of Broccoli people in the original X-Men: TAS, she didn't have to pay for her crimes with her life. Marvel Editorial insisted Jean pay for her crimes in the comics with her life.)

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I'm glad Marvel Studios is taking its time and improving its process but man, I miss having an imminent MCU thing to look forward to. Deadpool 3 is so far away.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Im actually more excited for X-Men 97 than most things - that's mainly down to me being a huge fan of the 90s cartoon (and of course the amazing Capcom X-Men games around that time)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Im loving the teases for the series. Got me right hyped now. Im hoping its fun at least. I mean, I still enjoy the 90s show and that has indeed aged, so I dont need it to be amazing. Just fun. Also, the more Morph I get, the happier Ill be - I was always saddened that he got so little screentime in the series, aside parts of season 2.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Spidey's good, but honestly at this point with my X-Men 97 hype the way it is, I kinda wish they'd have just continued Spidey's 90s cartoon instead - just to give all oldies like me a proper resolution to MJs story. I mean, Spectacular Spidey would be a billion times better still, but hey Id take what I can get!

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
If X-Men 97 does well, I absolutely think there will immediately be discussions about a "Spider-Man 97".

Spectacular could have been great, but you know, legal issues.

I mean, maybe it could have been commissioned if we had gotten it to trending on US Disney+, but it's too late to do that now since it's gone.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
If X-Men 97 does well, I absolutely think there will immediately be discussions about a "Spider-Man 97".

I mean, maybe it could have been commissioned if we had gotten it to trending on US Disney+, but it's too late to do that now since it's gone.
Agreed. Spectacular is more just me loving the plot and characters and wish for more, but Spidey 97 seems possible, and I think it could do well enough considering there's probably still a contingent on people wanting to see a proper finale for the plot.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

It'd be Spider-Man '98 since its last episode aired in 1998.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

Disney seems to have a decent relationship with Sony, so I could see them coming to some sort of arrangement.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Disney seems to have a decent relationship with Sony, so I could see them coming to some sort of arrangement.

They could.

But again, it would have helped it Spectacular Spider-Man had been watched enough when it was on US Disney+ to hit trending. It never did.

If it ever comes back, everyone needs to actually watch it there and get it up there if they want a chance at an arrangement.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

They could.

But again, it would have helped it Spectacular Spider-Man had been watched enough when it was on US Disney+ to hit trending. It never did.

If it ever comes back, everyone needs to actually watch it there and get it up there if they want a chance at an arrangement.

Specatular is deader than dead. There are already a whole bunch of Spider-Man animated things in production, and that is not counting the fact that X-men 97 is likely going to lead to some form of Spidey 94 being greenlit.

After that in terms of popularity for Marvel I can see them thinking of reviving EMH but I expect Spectacular to be a very, very low priority for them.

Its a show that they don't own at least one season of, so they have very little reason to continue it.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Specatular is deader than dead. There are already a whole bunch of Spider-Man animated things in production, and that is not counting the fact that X-men 97 is likely going to lead to some form of Spidey 94 being greenlit.

After that in terms of popularity for Marvel I can see them thinking of reviving EMH but I expect Spectacular to be a very, very low priority for them.

Its a show that they don't own at least one season of, so they have very little reason to continue it.

Understood.

Although you know, it certainly would have helped if people actually watched it and got it to trending when it was on the service.

... Yes, I am a tad bitter when it comes to fan requests for things on Disney+ that many people end up not watching after they request it.

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
Understood.

Although you know, it certainly would have helped if people actually watched it and got it to trending when it was on the service.

... Yes, I am a tad bitter when it comes to fan requests for things on Disney+ that many people end up not watching after they request it.

I mean that's just stuff in general. People "ask" for stuff all the time and then don't give a fuck when they have access to it.

It sucks that Spectacular, which was so good, got the short end of the stick.

If you want to feel really bad about it: Spider-Man's appearance in Earth's Mightiest Heroes was originally the Spectacular version, played by the same voice actor too, but then Sony and Marvel disagreed and they changed it to Ultimate Spider-Man instead.

What could have been!

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's just stuff in general. People "ask" for stuff all the time and then don't give a fuck when they have access to it.

It sucks that Spectacular, which was so good, got the short end of the stick.

If you want to feel really bad about it: Spider-Man's appearance in Earth's Mightiest Heroes was originally the Spectacular version, played by the same voice actor too, but then Sony and Marvel disagreed and they changed it to Ultimate Spider-Man instead.

What could have been!

Oh trust me. I know.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The Spectacular thing in EMH was so damn bad. They had the original voice recording right there, but we got stuck with the shitty Ultimate version (fuck me I hated Ultimate's cartoon so damn much, just a bastardisation all round)

Minthara

Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like every Marvel project lately has some drama attached to it...

Though this one could be a lot more serious, hmm...

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Should this technically be here because of Venom's appearance in No Way Home? If not, my bad.

deadline.com

‘Venom 3’ Gets Title & Earlier Fall Theatrical Release

Venom: The Last Dances starring Tom Hardy will hit theaters on October 25, 2024.

Sony on Tuesday said its third movie in the Venom franchise now has a name and a new release date: It's called Venom: The Last Dance, and it's now opening October 25 this year, not November 8.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
super fucking bizarre that they're condensing comic sagas into single episodes when, in this era of CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT MORE MORE MORE they could be spreading this stuff out over multiple episodes, if not an entire season.

Are they gonna do Krakoa or is that being reserved for the MCU, lol?

luca

Oct 25, 2017
X-Men 97 is getting lots of praise on social media. Can't wait. Just 6 more days. Guess I'll continue my watch of the original series.