Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Such a long list, yet Mask Girl is nowhere found. Feels bad man...
As I said, it's not even half my list. Mask girl is definitely in my watch list :p

20240227-141728.jpg

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Started The Master's Sun (2013), a bit tropey (a++hole CEO with traumatic experience in past), but very entertaining so far. Seems to be 'Ghost of the week' format, effects are surprisingly good for a TV show. Mainly watching because I loved Gong Hyo Jin in the The Producers (2015). She's great in this one as well, while playing a completely different character.

Ah, just read this:
The Hong sisters are known for their works such as tvN's Alchemy of Souls, Hotel del Luna, A Korean Odyssey, The Master's Sun, My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho, You're Beautiful, and The Greatest Love, have penned this new drama.

Ok no wonder I like it, loved Hotel del Luna. Mmh is Alchemy of Souls really as good as the Reviews on MDL say..(no 'yeah but the ending is terrible!' spoilers please ; )). Oh well was planning to watch it anyway since OMG Arin is in it.

less
thanks, will put it on my list ^^

Grzi: sounds excellent, thanks! Man, I somehow need to convince my boss to let me watch dramas during work, otherwise I'll never be able to watch all the shows I want :D

EDIT: God I hope I didn't just monkey paw myself and get laid off next week lol

Last edited:

less

Oct 25, 2017
Started The Master's Sun (2013), a bit tropey (a++hole CEO with traumatic experience in past), but very entertaining so far. Seems to be 'Ghost of the week' format, effects are surprisingly good for a TV show. Mainly watching because I loved Gong Hyo Jin in the The Producers (2015). She's great in this one as well, while playing a completely different character.

Master's Sun used to be my favorite! GHJ is also great in It's Okay, That's Love. Recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017

Ah, just read this:
The Hong sisters are known for their works such as tvN's Alchemy of Souls, Hotel del Luna, A Korean Odyssey, The Master's Sun, My Girlfriend Is a Gumiho, You're Beautiful, and The Greatest Love, have penned this new drama.

Ok no wonder I like it, loved Hotel del Luna. Mmh is Alchemy of Souls really as good as the Reviews on MDL say..(no 'yeah but the ending is terrible!' spoilers please ; )). Oh well was planning to watch it anyway since OMG Arin is in it.

less
thanks, will put it on my list ^^

Alchemy of Souls is great, one of my favorite Kdramas for sure. It's almost like a shounen anime, but with a harem/romance twist lol

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Is there really no way to filter asian/Korean drama on the European Disney + ?

I know a lot of series are missing but I remember being able to filter Korean drama on the Japanese Disney plus. Using VPN isn't an option when watching on tv

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Finished Mouse recently and really liked it. Very brutal. Shame about all the blurring/censoring though, really took me out of it.

Finished Weak Hero Class 1 yesterday and also very brutal and violent, hype for season 2.

Started While You Were Sleeping today, since it's stuck on Viki I never had a chance to watch it before. And wow it's amazing. Very funny plus it's Suzy so it's always a win.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Watching the cursed, up to episode..... 8 or 9.

The CEO possessed by an evil spirit (not a spoiler) is 95% of the time nice... and super polite to his employees.

It's super weird lmao.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
2 more episodes of It's Okay To Not Be Okay left, what a great show.
Not that happy about these latest twists but it's kind of expected with these shows lol

Other than that I love everything about it, what a great cast of characters.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Europe outside the tent France is good vibes. It has Ra Mi Ran and Bora from Reply 1988.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Mars
Off the top of my head I'd say Goblin..
youtu.be

Goblin (도깨비) - Opening Song (Round and Round)

So beautiful. So wonderful. So goblinful.

Honorable mention:
Healer
youtu.be

Healer Opening Credits

힐러 OP

EDIT: agree on signal, thought about mentioning it as well, especially since I just watched it.

Halfway through The Master's Sun (2013), have to say So Ji Sub is one of the most likeable axxhole CEOs I have seen in a drama so far. There are some cringy scenes and behaviour that thankfully wouldn't fly anymore today (the usual forceful handgrabbing etc) but nowhere near as terrible as Secret Garden for instance. Female lead (Gong Hyo Jin) is also one of the most lovable characters in any show I've watched. Very entertaining overall.
EDIT²:
one more ^^
Dreeeeeeeaaaaam high

youtu.be

김수현&아이유&우영&은정&수지&옥택연 - Dream High(드림하이) | 케전드 | KBS 110301 방송

#드림하이 #드림하이콘서트 #드림하이OST전주 부터 웅장한 KBS드라마 드림하이 OST🥰지금은 다들 대 스타가 되어 이 멤버 다시 모이기 힘들겠지만다시 한 번 모두가 모이는 그 날이 왔으면 좋겠네요...!그럼 다 같이 그 때로 드륌 하이! ^__________^🚨 개인적인 편집...

what a crazy cast btw. Suzy, IU, Taecyeon, JYP, Kim Soo Hyun etc.

Last edited:

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
Still can't believe they removed Signal from Netflix (in my country at least) before I got a chance to watch it.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, Signal is gone from the UK Netflix. Sad times.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Queen of Tears Episode 1

Enjoyable enough start to the slow. This isn't going to be some masterpiece of a show but it looks promising enough to be a heartwarming and fun show. Which is pretty much just what I want at the moment. Cliches abound everywhere including the dreaded misunderstandings taken advantage of by a salty individual. Still, I can easily overlook that thanks to the comedic moments and the characters. I can see some potential pitfalls that will seriously annoy me if not handled well but we'll get to that as we go.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Finished Duty After School which was amazing. I didn't even mind part 2 that much, besides them being a bit dumb.

Started Reborn Rich and kinda bored. It has some good parts here and there but yea it's all about business so not that fun to watch lol. I'll finish it but hopefully it gets a bit more interesting.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Finished Duty After School which was amazing. I didn't even mind part 2 that much, besides them being a bit dumb.

Started Reborn Rich and kinda bored. It has some good parts here and there but yea it's all about business so not that fun to watch lol. I'll finish it but hopefully it gets a bit more interesting.
never heard of either of these but they sound cool.

*Added to watchlist*

is Duty after School streaming on anything?

Last edited:

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I watched Duty After School last year, and thought part 1 was the coolest thing. But I was very upset with part 2, I thought it was awful compared to part 1 and the ending was... I can't stress enough how much I hated it. I know it was based on some other material, but I had no awareness of that or any idea how things would end up.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Almost done with Reborn Rich, getting really good now. I like the first 2/3 eps but then was a bit bored around 4 to 6/7. But now it's really interesting. Gonna watch the last 4 tonight. Some great acting.

Six episodes into moving and I'm really enjoying floaty boy and running girls relationship

That was the best part of the show for me.

Click this spoiler after you're done with the whole season:

Sucks they suddenly get dropped and you don't see them for like 10 episodes after that though lol. I was really annoyed with that at first, but the other characters get pretty good too.

less

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely absolutely regret starting Queen of Tears. This show has taken over life in a way I never expected. It did the impossible and managed to enhearted the full extent of my shipping abilities which had laid dormant for over a decade. Constantly refreshing twitter/MDL comments/Asianwiki just to catch anything with QoT. Pls halp. I need all the episodes yesterday.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely absolutely regret starting Queen of Tears. This show has taken over life in a way I never expected. It did the impossible and managed to enhearted the full extent of my shipping abilities which had laid dormant for over a decade. Constantly refreshing twitter/MDL comments/Asianwiki just to catch anything with QoT. Pls halp. I need all the episodes yesterday.

Yup. I'm loving queen of tears.

Also a sequel to signal is happening.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Watching The Killers Shopping List now and it's really fun. Nice vibes and atmosphere. Kwangsoo getting old though :(

Will finish that tonight and really looking forward to Chicken Nugget tomorrow.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Watched the first 4 episodes of The Impossible Heir and i'm really annoyed with the direction this is taking in regards to the leads. Feels like the writers are forcing this into a direction that'll eventually ruin the whole plot.

On the other hand we also watched the first two episodes of Queen of Tears and we loved it both leads are crushing it and the writing also seems decent enough so far. The big reveal is definitely going to crush some emotions.

less

Oct 25, 2017
On the other hand we also watched the first two episodes of Queen of Tears and we loved it both leads are crushing it and the writing also seems decent enough so far. The big reveal is definitely going to crush some emotions.

Absolutely. Already have my tissues ready. ;_;

Honestly, I'm hoping that we get the big reveal done and over with soon. If not in episode 5 then in episode 6. The sooner the blow hits the less time I'll be dreading it hitting. D:

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I was looking into Signal after hearing about season 2, and saw people complaining that in flashbacks they stretch the screen into a distorted aspect ratio as a creative choice. I was wondering if anyone has input on this, was it something you can get used to or just put up with? Is it a large portion of the show? Thanks.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I was looking into Signal after hearing about season 2, and saw people complaining that in flashbacks they stretch the screen into a distorted aspect ratio as a creative choice. I was wondering if anyone has input on this, was it something you can get used to or just put up with? Is it a large portion of the show? Thanks.
If you don't want to watch the show because of that, you're missing out.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I just want to know how frequent and disruptive it is. I don't want to miss out on the show. Judging by your comment I guess that effect doesn't ruin it.
I honestly never even noticed. Only after reading your post did I remember that it really was the case with flashbacks.
Before watching, prepare your tissues lol.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Done with The Killer's Shopping List, really enjoyed it. Also a bit sad at times. Starting Chicken Nugget tonight, it's only 10 episodes and they're 30 mins each so that's really short.

About halfway through extracurricular.
Enjoying it a lot.

It's one of the greats for sure, loved the main leads dynamic.