Yams

Oct 25, 2017
My kid is so pumped about Ultimates 1.

Read Doom #1 and I really enjoyed it. I'd read a whole series about him and Val just going around space doing shit

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
standardsmanual.com

1982 DC Comics Style Guide (Pre-Order)

The long-awaited reissue of the 1982 DC Comics Style Guide is now available for pre-order. Reproduced from a rare original copy, the book features over 165 high-quality scans of the legendary art of José Luis García-López. Created in 1982, the Style Guide aimed to assist artists in delivering a...

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
www.marvel.com

Spider-Society Series Calls Forth Every Spider-Hero from the Multiverse

Spinning out of the hit 'Edge of Spider-Verse' comic book series, Alex Segura and Scott Godlewski's 'Spider-Society' launches this August.

Four issue mini about the antagonists from Across the Spider-Verse. Bold strategy releasing it over a year after the movie.
Marvel has 3 ideas currently and it's fucking irritating. Almost everyone needs to fuck off at this point.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
I wish it would just stay as an ongoing. I don't need or want a new mini series every single year acting like *this* is the great big Spider-crossover. Just give me a monthly anthology book about the different spiders meeting and hanging out, with one off self-contained stories about new and weird multiverse spiders

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish it would just stay as an ongoing. I don't need or want a new mini series every single year acting like *this* is the great big Spider-crossover. Just give me a monthly anthology book about the different spiders meeting and hanging out, with one off self-contained stories about new and weird multiverse spiders
I feel like unless something is at least 8 issues then I have almost no interest. For most writers 4 or 6 issues of decompressed storytelling means that there's not enough covered for me to care. If it's good I'll just resent it for being so short. If it's bad then it's a waste anyway.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Outside of Mr. Terrific and Jo Mullein they don't even really have many good Black characters that could carry a book (this is an indictment of DC, not a defense of their current status quo). Naomi could have been cool to stick around, but it looks like she has been forgotten. I'm not a huge John Stewart fan, but this is indeed a disgrace.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of Mr. Terrific and Jo Mullein they don't even really have many good Black characters that could carry a book (this is an indictment of DC, not a defense of their current status quo). Naomi could have been cool to stick around, but it looks like she has been forgotten. I'm not a huge John Stewart fan, but this is indeed a disgrace.
John Henry Irons can carry a book, imo. Just need to get him out of Superman's immediate shadow.

tim1138

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
this is peak comics

0224DC836.jpg

May 18, 2018
I hope James Gun uses Mr.Terrific as a main Justice League member in his cinemetaic universe.
It would defintely help him shine

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Kelly Thompson is great and I don't really care much about Marvel, but with that said I don't get the narrative that they squandered her talent. They put her on lots of books (a nice mix of high profile and quirky), many of which were widely read and critically well received.

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

Jace Fox as Batman, or use Static.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Jace Fox as Batman, or use Static.
Static would likely have the potential to sustain a good book, although I was out of comics when the show was on, so I personally have no nostalgia for the character.
Jace could work, and I read his series, but it always felt like they didn't really give him much of a personality. In his own book it seemed like he was the least interesting member of his family.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone read any of the AWA stuff? Theres The Resistance stuff from JMS, and a bunch of other random minis.

Anteros

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone read any of the AWA stuff? Theres The Resistance stuff from JMS, and a bunch of other random minis.

I've read some of the AWA stuff.

Resistance - Neat concept but I thought the actual books were just decent. Still, I read them all so I guess I enjoyed them well enough.
Hotell vol 1 and vol 2 - Fun horror stories.
Marjorie Finnigan Temporal Criminal - I didn't enjoy this one very much and dropped it about halfway through.
Newthink - I have it but haven't had a chance to read it yet. It hear it's also good.
Not All Robots - Same as the previous. I have it but haven't read it yet. I also hear it's good.
Sacrament - I really liked this story. If you like religious horror stories, this is a good one.
Ribbon Queen - I've been enjoying this one. Not the best Garth Ennis but one of his better recent ones.
U & I - Same universe as Resistance. I read the first issue but not sure if I'll pick up the rest.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
México
I'm trying to get back into comics with the recently released stuff from Marvel. Really interested in a proper adult Peter and some x-men with the 97 hype. Anyone got any recs?