Jun 22, 2019
"The real answer was luv" would be an acceptable way to leverage an ending if it wasn't so fucking waaaaaaay overused in media across all genres.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
43HRpTt.jpg

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's almost time. This episode is going to be great. Social media is absolutely blowing up in anticipation right now.

I hope crunchyroll's servers are ready this time.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
I better see those kids getting squished uncensored

It was brutal....
They did censor the brains though....

The Hange scene was the most perfect sendoff, heroic, heartbreaking, the OST nails it, she takes out so many Colossals. Adapted better than I could have hoped.

I just find it funny how they went all out in the Chainsaw Man EDs, and for this here the visuals were just subpar, especially in comparison to the previous outro. The song itself is magnificent, like always.

Last edited:

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
Its insane how big attack on titan became overall. I didnt read the manga ending arc but hope the anime ending is done a better so the general audience likes it overall. More positive than negative.

Plum

May 31, 2018

Seeing this reminds me that this is truly a story about love 😘😍😊

Sarcasm of course lol

Its insane how big attack on titan became overall. I didnt read the manga ending arc but hope the anime ending is done a better so the general audience likes it overall. More positive than negative.
I think it's going to be the exact same with maybe some slight additions and difference. Do think it'll probably be held in a higher regard cause of the animation, music, voice acting, and so on but, then again, actually seeing some of these dumb-ass lines outside of a manga might make it worse. Who knows.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Seeing this reminds me that this is truly a story about love 😘😍😊

Sarcasm of course lol

I think it's going to be the exact same with maybe some slight additions and difference. Do think it'll probably be held in a higher regard cause of the animation, music, voice acting, and so on but, then again, actually seeing some of these dumb-ass lines outside of a manga might make it worse. Who knows.
When Armin says "Thank you Eren" after he wipes out 80% of the human population 💀

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Those first ten minutes probably takes the cake as the most brutal sequence in any anime. Good lord.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I've been at work and just now catching up on what's going on. Does Crunchyroll just straight up not have the rights to the last two episodes?

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
The fact that they're botching the release so badly sucks, but at the very least I'm happy we're supposedly getting the perfect middle ground between a tv show and movie that makes no compromises from what I'm hearing

I don't think this series can have a happy, or even bittersweet ending

maybeeeee-try.gif

Part 2 is where the fun begins for sure

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Mappa: "No! We don't want that! A worldwide audience watching the final two episodes of Attack on Titan? We want them to think about their own shows and nothing else for the rest of their lives! Even after the series ends... we want the show to be Japan-exclusive for a while! Ten years at least!"
What a studio you are...

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
What a great episode. I'm really hoping the ending gets a couple tweaks... at least, fix some of the dialogue and Eren going back in time to get his mom eaten. I would like more Historia but I'm not expecting anything for that.

Edit: I can guess we can start with Armin not thanking Eren for genocide. I'll take just that at least. Please.

Last edited:

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now I have complete faith in Mappa to tweak the ending enough to make it more digestible. Hange's death scene for example was a lot better while in the manga seemed more useless.

At this point manga readers were already mixed on the last arc but the reaction to this episode seems to be very positive.

Also, not even in a million years I expected the rumbling to look this good, Mappa is wonderful.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
So, I didn't really put this together when I was reading the manga, but I feel like the anime makes it pretty clear that Eren and Mikasa's cabin life actually did happen and was the "first cycle." In the manga, I thought it was just some sort of alternate "what if" scenario that Eren showed Mikasa when he was having his private conversations with everyone.

With that said...I'm still very much hoping that we are in the third cycle instead of the second.

Excellent episode.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh man that was good. Loved how they did the scene of Reiner transforming and attacking the beast titan.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
What makes you think that?
The very beginning of the episode looks like Mikasa taking Eren's face into her hands when he dies in the cabin timeline and then wakes up under the tree in the first episode (or, hopefully, in the first issue of the manga). His face doesn't have the titan marks but that would make it too obvious.

They way they open the episode with this scene, and the way they show them sequentially like this, makes it looks like they were happening in order.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
For me what you call "Cabin timeline" is just a "dreamt life" in paths Mikasa and Eren had in the final moments before Mikasa puts on the scarf and goes to kill him. They spent a life together until both were ready to move on.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
For me what you call "Cabin timeline" is just a "dreamt life" in paths Mikasa and Eren had in the final moments before Mikasa puts on the scarf and goes to kill him. They spent a life together until both were ready to move on.
That's how I interpreted it in the manga also. But the anime makes me feel a bit differently.

Flame Flamey

Feb 8, 2018
Showing the Yeager grandparents during the Rumbling is a really good addition from the manga. Makes me wonder what other small additions they could make in the next part.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
Showing the Yeager grandparents during the Rumbling is a really good addition from the manga.
I liked it as well, although in retrospect, showing Liberio's destruction and only those two implies right there and then that all the other Liberio characters have escaped somehow...

Makes me wonder what other small additions they could make in the next part.
Some (good) additions here and there would certainly help, yeah...

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not saying they'll feel the same way (especially as an anime only fan), but lol at some of the posts saying they can't see how they'll dislike the ending with just one episode left

I remember when I thought the same thing with a chapter or two to go... 💀

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
Not saying they'll feel the same way (especially as an anime only fan), but lol at some of the posts saying they can't see how they'll dislike the ending with just one episode left

I remember when I thought the same thing with a chapter or two to go... 💀
I really hope nothing about the ending is changed. I really wanna see how anime only fans react to a lot of that nonsense.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
The ending is most probably gonna gain a lot by animation, music and VA alone. In the manga each person reads at their own pace, and the final chapters didn't do it justice by having to wait a month between those big moments, we had too much time on our hands to speculate and really think abotu everything.

The final final final episode will feel great imo in the moment. The most critical watchers will join the discussion, while the rest will just "that was amazing, now to another thing".