Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Nice some more casting https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...amiya-tomokazu-sugita-shinichiro-ohta/.210305
One Piece 1102
I don't remember Kaku sitting on Sentomaru so disrespectfully in the manga lol. Reminds me of when Deidara did it to Gaara.
I can tell that Aya Hirano is having a blast playing Lillith.

Grandpa and Grandma 04
"There are Ferraris on the countryside too." lol

Shota and his grandpa scene was sweet. The culture festival stuff was fun. Wtf was that ending tho

Appraisal Isekai 04
Wasn't expecting a timeskip so soon. I see that Charlotte is now the designated fanservice girl, sighhh

As soon as I saw the meek, low confidence younger brother, I knew that he would be the one to join Ars' retainers. Weird that they didn't show him constructing the trap.
Ohhh, the conversations with their dad hit me, there's my first cry of the season.
don't worry Charlotte still gets to kick a lot of butt. It's not a nerf

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nino fans are amazing. They're the only harem fans I've seen still seething 4 years after the fact.

Not specifically here, but anytime I see 5Toubun come up, it's the NIno fans that are getting pissed and saying it's a shit ending with worst girl. It's funny how consistent it is.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Whisper Me A Love Song when it's time to go to a new location

0da.gif
Ichijinsha really picks QUALITY studios for adapting works they publish.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Now that "The Guy She Was Interested In Wasn't a Guy at All" manga has been licensed by Yen Press, an anime MUST HAPPEN. I will make it happen through sheer will. SHEER WILLLLLLLLLLL!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
The presentation and direction of Dragon Raja is pretty damn out there
I don't think I have seen many anime with such strong visuals before

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Now that "The Guy She Was Interested In Wasn't a Guy at All" manga has been licensed by Yen Press, an anime MUST HAPPEN. I will make it happen through sheer will. SHEER WILLLLLLLLLLL!
They also licensed "reincarnated in a boys love world with giant man-boobs" when is that getting an anime

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Jellyfish 04
Nice episode of the group getting together and getting to know each other better. I liked the cutaways to her old group, and I do wonder whether they'll just be standard mean girls when they inevitably meet up with Kano again or if they'll be a bit deeper than that. It's a nice touch that they change the ED to whatever new MV they put out.

Girls Band Cry 01
Oh I really like this. The animation is fun, the direction is pretty good, Nina and Momoka are pretty likeable. Also the OP, BGM, and song at the end were all great. It's a show about music so it would be kinda sad it they weren't but it's still nice. The middle fingers being a motif throughout the episode was cute.

I was wanting to catch up on Hibike Euphonium since I've seen season 1 and I was also interested in MyGO!!!! but they may have to wait on the backburner or otherwise I'll be watching four "high school girls in some sort of band" shows at once.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Bartender 1
This Columbo-ass motherfucker's gonna make this woman the perfect effervescent highball on the basis that her watch is on backwards and she's lost a sleeve button? I am intrigued but I also don't know if I'm gonna have the patience for all this earnestness, lol.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

WB put out a playlist CD/Vinyl release just the other day. I honestly think it's a lock if they can figure out the music rights

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Girls Band Cry 02-04
I really like all three girls we've met so far and I'm looking forward to meeting the other two soon, hopefully with some friction of their own. The CGI is still some of the best I've seen (for the characters specifically, the rest of the show just looks fine) outside of Studio Orange and I already commented on the OST but I love it.

Looks like I found my hidden gem show of the season. Really hidden since it's still not been picked up by anybody, which is a shame.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
In this economy, wishing for a yuri adaptation gets you one made by some d tier studio.
to be fair, that anime was basically made for him (cute girls + fetishistic attention to detail in 'realistic' gun melee combat)
Yeah, Kojima is a hardcore gun otaku.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Whisper - 3
I never thought the funniest thing this season would be the fucking scene transition effect in a yuri anime. That back-to-back transition 5 seconds apart actually made me laugh out loud.
There's also that hover hand when Yori reached out to wipe to wipe Himari's tears (the editing of that scene was also super weird with that instant cut to Himari already crying) and her hand looks like it's just hovering in front of the screen without making any contact.

Yep, this is definite the Iceblade Sorcerer studio. They probably spent an entire year making the first episode looks presentable enough and now we're back to the usual business.

I honestly think it's a lock if they can figure out the music rights
This is a pretty big if. I imagine just seeing the songs and bands that were referenced and how integral they are to the story would make most studios give up. Probably not worth the effort unless the series somehow got to the mainstream shounen level of popularity.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Grandpa and Grandma
Oh we're jumping straight to that arc, huh? I guess thematically it makes sense but I'm really sad they skipped the initial meeting with Grandma's older sister then. Honestly the chapter that cemented me reading the series. But this arc is good too, though. Oh well.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
This is a pretty big if. I imagine just seeing the songs and bands that were referenced and how integral they are to the story would make most studios give up. Probably not worth the effort unless the series somehow got to the mainstream shounen level of popularity.

true. warner have a chunk of them but i don't know which ones the author/studio would deem integral etc and really who has any idea what the rights situation is on the backend. i guess we'll just see if anything eventuates.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
very much conflicted on loser ranger has quite a interesting setting with a lot of twists so far so i dont really know where it's going but its gotta bit more darker for my taste which leads all the comedy aspects jarring

also anytime i'm reminded of the boys i suddenly lose interest lol doesn't help how fast paced this was as well

hibike 3 4
no happy days again
they could've left this character with us assuming they just admired midori but this puts it in new light

kusogaki at it again kanade can't leave juicy drama alone

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Fable 3
The bird biting his penis 😂 maybe stop walking around naked everywhere?

Fable 4
Yoko is an absolute menace hahaha

Last edited:

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully the right place to ask, are we expecting an Attack on Titan complete blu ray box set?

Saw the final chapters have been released on blu ray in Japan now and been tempted to just try and grab the current box sets (Limited edition ones if possible, but seems a weird situation in the UK with which has them or not), or should I just wait. Also wondering if it would come with extras and etc., I got the complete FMA Brotherhood blu ray recently and noticed that didn't seem to come with any extras, not that I was particularly wanting them in that case.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
They've announced another Quintessential Quintuplets anime despite the fact that they've covered everything in the manga except for maybe the bonus chapter
Not sure if this is another OVA or an anime original season, but Negi is supervising it.
I wish they'd just remake the entire thing, I mean clearly it seems to be somewhat worth it considering they're pumping things out when everything has ended already. Yeah I know it's like WAY too early for it but still.

The first season was like so bad. The character designs and animation was botched af. I heard S2 rushed things to the wazoo but at least the character designs were corrected. Same with the movie.

And yes Nino is best girl.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
Girls on a train - 5

Holy fuck at that lobotomy scene, shit came out of nowhere.

Great episode, I like that the whole 7G thing may actually be part of a larger conspiracy.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I didn't realize Quintessential Quintuplets was big enough to milk like this lol

I wouldn't say no to a remake of season 1, it's crazy how much better season 2 looks in comparison.

And can Crunchyroll finally get that special from last year???

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they'd just remake the entire thing, I mean clearly it seems to be somewhat worth it considering they're pumping things out when everything has ended already. Yeah I know it's like WAY too early for it but still.

The first season was like so bad. The character designs and animation was botched af. I heard S2 rushed things to the wazoo but at least the character designs were corrected. Same with the movie.

And yes Nino is best girl.
After seeing the 2 Shaft-produced TV specials, I wish they made it from the start.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Choo-choo Train 05
Oh my god, Nadeko in the beginning with the archery match killed me 🤣. I was not prepared for that Zenjiro scene, yeesh.

The boss tried Assassination Classroom tactics but it didn't work lol
What a dumb, bizarre, and entertaining episode. At least Reimi and Akira don't hate each other. I liked the Reimi King Kong scene, but why wasn't there any music?

Isekai Wolf Wife 04
What was with the camera continuously shifting during the conversation between "Ghozal" and Flio? Felt like I was playing Ace Attorney.

The demon king just casually strolling around Flio's house was great. Balirossa was pretty funny this ep. Are they shipping the two of them? The Hero is stupidly funny.

I love how a massive war is about to happen but they absolutely could not give a fuck lmfaoooo.

Economic Wolf Wife 04
Damn, Holo. He still came back for you. Just be grateful 😭. Glad they're reunited, loved her fake puppy dog face when Lawrence was all "it could've been anyone else." lol

I can't unhear Lt. Tsurumi whenever the Milone boss talks.

Yatagarasu 03
Prince is such an ass, holy shit lmaoo. "You haven't eaten all day? Here, have a kumquat." "You alerted the ladies? Tough luck kiddo!"

Trying sooo hard not to giggle everytime someone mentions a third leg, especially in such a serious context.

Last edited:

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Mission: Yozakura Family 4
Good that they're directly addressing the manga's early problem of not actually showing much of the family by bringing in later chapters. Even if the animation isn't amazing, this adaptation has been on point regarding what it's choosing to adapt and expand.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
I didn't realize Quintessential Quintuplets was big enough to milk like this lol
Winter 2019 had the first seasons of The Promised Neverland, Kaguya-sama and TQQ.
TQQ was the most popular animanga of that season in Japan.

To compare to another WSM series: it was bigger than Fairy Tail ever was there. Only Seven Deadly Sins and Tokyo Revengers were bigger than TQQ, out of the recent-ish stuff from the mag

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
End of the World Train - 5
This show continues to have a very freestyle feel to it that makes for some amazing out of context quotes

Spice and Wolf - 5
I wonder what exactly Holo did that was so embarrassing. That reunion with villager guy can't have been good for her abandonment issues and I guess this is why it was notable that he was cut from the og show

Bonus Holo ear dance

View: https://x.com/Love_Iono_love/status/1784989597845561432

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Uma Musume: Road to the Top
Holy animation upgrade! This looks great!
I am a little disappointed though, I don't think the 4 episodes were enough to really get attached to these new girls. While I appreciate how different it was (as in, darker) I'm not sure it pulled it off. Top Road was handled well I think, but the other 2 of the main trio didn't get enough time for their stories to shine. Particularly Admire Vega, the resolution to her - quite dark! - story was very sudden and brushed aside very quickly.
Now I am fully caught up with dramatic horse girl idol races. Time to start digging into this season's offerings.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy train 5
the show gets better each episode. The King kong fight was a lot of fun and Reina is my favorite character. Just walking chaos. Her dynamic with Akira is a lot of fun each episode.

Also loved The interigstion scene where the girls get lost in their usual bickering and annoy the commander 😂

Spice & Wold 5
That ear dance at the end was an overdose of cuteness

Holo is such a fascinating character each episode. She wasn't pleased he didn't charge in like her knight in shining armor. Also Her banter with Lawrence is fun as it shifts a lot from her playing/teasing to going to genuine emotions, back to teasing. It Was dark how she just casually talked about how she talked her way out of sexual assault while being captured

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Whipser Me A Yuri Song episode 3

I see that someone learned Powerpoint transitions.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Spice and Wolf - 5
I wonder what exactly Holo did that was so embarrassing. That reunion with villager guy can't have been good for her abandonment issues and I guess this is why it was notable that he was cut from the og show
I mean the OG show only replaced the guy with a girl for some reason, but the role is actually the same, they say the same exact thing here and it's the exact same situation etc.

Strikerrr

Oct 25, 2017
Uma Musume: Road to the Top
Holy animation upgrade! This looks great!
I am a little disappointed though, I don't think the 4 episodes were enough to really get attached to these new girls. While I appreciate how different it was (as in, darker) I'm not sure it pulled it off. Top Road was handled well I think, but the other 2 of the main trio didn't get enough time for their stories to shine. Particularly Admire Vega, the resolution to her - quite dark! - story was very sudden and brushed aside very quickly.
Now I am fully caught up with dramatic horse girl idol races. Time to start digging into this season's offerings.
The other featured horsegirl, TM Opera O, will play a major part of the upcoming movie as the closest thing this series has to a big bad boss.

Going by the racing history of the actual horse, Opera got 1st place in every race in the following year after what "Road to the Top" depicted.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean the OG show only replaced the guy with a girl for some reason, but the role is actually the same, they say the same exact thing here and it's the exact same situation etc.
Ah was wondering why she didn't show up(got about 5 minutes in the original. I'd imagine it was to give Holo a rival and make it more than just a business proposition

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
Train 5
this show continues to get better each week with it's reveals lol and just being quite funny at the crazy turn of events ( but that one scene was for sure a wtf they were doing what before all this happened?!)

this girl is wild love her she can fight don't piss off the gorilla

also Blue archive aka cute girls do crime 4

funniest episode yet animation and music are still the lowest part but simply seeing all this goofy-ness animated is still far better than reading it without any VA

Aru is peak dork-ness