Narag

Oct 25, 2017

BoFnbRf.gif

Our dear Printer Paper 8 X 11 came out of retirement for one last banner to celebrate the return of our wise wolf. Forgive the mention of the old place but this community ultimately spun off from the previous even if a lot of people have moved on or simply retired to discord over the years.

Important Stuff

txNqas2l.png

Spice & Wolf: Merchant Meets The Wise Wolf
PV

Lawrence is a traveling merchant selling various goods from a horse-drawn cart. One day, he arrives at a village and meets a beautiful girl with the ears and tail of an animal! Her name is Holo the Wisewolf and she brings bountiful harvests. She wishes to return to her homeland, and Lawrence offers to take her. Now, the once-lonely merchant and the once-lonely wisewolf begin their journey north.

We're finally getting more Spice & Wolf after waiting so many years. It's been such a long journey full of one misstep after another such as the light novel finally being brought over but with cover issues upon initial publication or the willingness to eat scraps when Jun Fukuyama & Ami Koshimizu reunited for Maoyu.

We are so back too since the original director, Takeo Takahashi, is returning as Chief Director. Of course, Jun Fukuyama & Ami Koshimizu are reprising their iconic roles as well. We're also getting Kevin Penkin on the OST which means that too will be something special. Even with the new studio, I'm confident this will be great as the character interaction is the most important thing and I can't imagine not being just about perfect with all the important people back.

New Stuff

TlLlYcx.jpeg

Bartender: Glass of God
PV

This brilliant bartender can uplift any troubled soul with a glass of God.

ve44EMS.jpeg

Mahjong Soul Kan!!
PV

Following up the prior animated series, this time you will see quirky Jyanshis trying out live streaming, two guys traveling together, unfortunate(?) fights against gangs, and more situations where the charm of the Jyanshis comes to shine.

hx7qel8.png

Blue Archive: The Animation
PV

The anime will adapt the "Countermeasures Committee" arc.

The city's academies are divided into their own districts and are considered mostly independent.

The General Student Council acts as governing board to manage the academies as a whole. However, the group's ability to govern has come to halt since the mysterious disappearance of the General Student Council president. Countless issues have begun to surface throughout Kivotos in the absence of the president's leadership.

To avoid disaster, the General Student Council requests assistance from the Federal Investigation Club, otherwise known as Schale. In fact, Schale is the city's newest club and the last to be approved before the president's disappearance.

To accomplish its task, Schale relies on the guidance of a Sensei who can help them resolve the incidents around Kivotos.

NqwOorX.png

Kaiju No. 8
PV

With the highest kaiju-emergence rates in the world, Japan is no stranger to attack by deadly monsters. Enter the Japan Defense Force, a military organization tasked with the neutralization of kaiju. Kafka Hibino, a kaiju-corpse cleanup man, has always dreamed of joining the force. But when he gets another shot at achieving his childhood dream, he undergoes an unexpected transformation. How can he fight kaiju now that he's become one himself?!

VCLYZTu.jpeg

The Grimm Variations
PV

Once upon a time, brothers Jacob and Wilhelm collected fairy tales from across the land and made them into a book. They also had a much younger sister, the innocent and curious Charlotte, who they loved very much. One day, while the brothers were telling Charlotte a fairy tale like usual, they saw that she had a somewhat melancholy look on her face. She asked them, "Do you suppose they really lived happily ever after?"

The pages of Grimms' Fairy Tales, written by Jacob and Wilhelm, are now presented from the unique perspective of Charlotte, who sees the stories quite differently from her brothers.

6VyondR.jpeg

The Fable
PV

When you're the infamous prodigy hitman known only as "Fable," many things come easy. Being a normal person, however, isn't one of them. In fact, being told that he can't kill anyone for a while may just be the hardest job Fable's ever taken…

Ryosuke Takahashi? At this time of year? At this time in his career? In this part of the season? Localized entirely within this anime?

QvjjrsP.jpeg

GO! GO! Loser Ranger!
PV

When the Monster Army invaded Earth thirteen years ago, the Divine Dragon Rangers rose up to stop them! With the war raging on, these great heroes are mankind's last hope!

...or are they?

In truth, the invaders were subjugated within a year, forced to continue to crank out a monster a week for the Rangers to crush in front of their adoring fans! But one monster has had enough. Something has to change! He'll rebel against the might of the Dragon Rangers and destroy them all...from the inside!

hYJuDhi.jpeg

Sand Land
PV

In the far future, war has destroyed the entire Earth, leaving only a barren wasteland where the supply of water is controlled by the greedy king. In search of a long-lost lake, Sheriff Rao asked the king of the demons for help...and got the king's son, Beelzebub, and his assistant, Thief. Together the unlikely trio sets off across the desert, facing dragons, bandits and the deadliest foe of all... the King's army itself!

kgBt4j5.jpeg

THE iDOLM@STER SHINY COLORS
PV

The producer of the 283 Production group brings together a whole new cast of idols to the stage!

PT7Ngiu.jpeg

Shinkalion: Change the World
PV
"Unknown" is a mysterious enemy that suddenly appeared a long time ago. As a countermeasure, the "Evolutionary Railway Development Agency" (ERDA) has developed the "Shinkalion" robot that transforms into bullet trains, to prepare for the threat.

"I want to be a cool person who can protect something..." Taisei Oonari, a second-year junior high school student, transfers to Shinkai Gakuen Middle School in search of clues about his older sister who disappeared two years ago.

Just then, the Unknown appears for the first time in 10 years. Taisei happens to have a high aptitude value as a Shinkalion pilot, and is forced to make a decision to fight it. What is the true nature of the Unknown and what is its purpose? What is the truth that comes to light at the end of the fight? The story of the boys' determination and growth begins now.

Licensed never, right? After Megaton Musashi finally made its way over here, I'll choose to believe someday..

wh2E6QM.jpeg

Rising Impact
PV

A young boy, Gawain, lives in a mountainous, rural area with an incredible love for baseball and making the ball really fly. One day he runs into a visitor to the small area and she introduces him to a sport that can really make a ball take to flight: golf! It just takes one shot and Gawain is hooked. With his grandpa's approval he sets off to Tokyo with this mysterious woman to learn all he can about golf, encountering many colorful characters and obstacles along the way.

NcG5SAw.jpeg

Karasu wa Aruji wo Erabanai
PV

Yukiya is the lackluster second son of a regional boss in the North House territory. His younger brother has overtaken him in academics. He is no good at sword battle, either. Not that this ever bothers him. So it comes as a shock when this boy, who claims to have no ambition whatsoever, is the one chosen to attend the Imperial Prince in Court--. What awaits Yukiya and his new master is intrigue, murder, a mysterious drug, and invasion from an unexpected enemy. Can they save the world of Yatagarasu?

yoL80pc.jpeg

Hey, Tonbo
PV

The story begins with Igarashi, who was disqualified as a pro golfer after a certain "incident" and thus moves to Kagoshima Prefecture's Tokara Islands to step out of the limelight. On these islands known as "Japan's last unexplored wilderness," he encounters a naive girl named Tonbo.

As it turns out, these supposedly unexplored islands have a homemade golf course, where Tonbo plays every day. She demonstrates genius-level prowess, playing every kind of shot with just one golf club, a 3-iron. Igarashi is amazed at Tonbo's talent, even as he harbors doubts about her only using a 3-iron. Yet, hidden deep in Tonbo's heart lies a painful, sad past….

It's funny golf anime fans might be feasting the past couple years when this sort of thing was mostly a joke that'll never happen once upon a time. No, I'm not including golf anime older than the average anime viewer in this joke either so neither should you.

Pses4Z1.jpeg

Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again
PV

The story of Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again follows Shouzou and Ine, an elderly couple who are living a quiet life in a farming village in Aomori Prefecture. After eating a mysterious apple that they discover on their apple farm, Shozo and Ine spontaneously regain their youth, but even after being reinvigorated they continue to live life at a grandparent-ly pace.

1f67jWa.png

HIGHSPEED Étoile
PV

The show follows the character Rin Rindou. Rin once had a dream of becoming a ballet dancer, but had to give up on that dream due to an injury. Afterward she became a NEET and a gamer who lived in her grandmother's house. But one day she is suddenly thrown into the world of racing.

The anime takes place in the near future, where the latest technology has made it so vehicles can travel at 500 km/h (about 310 mph) safely and securely. A next-generation race event called NEX Race is born, which changes the world of racing. NEX Racing features AI control support and a "Revolburst" mechanism. A newcomer named Rin Rindou will make her debut in NEX Race, and will further revolutionize the sport.

6dnAH27.png

Astro Note
PV

Takumi, a gifted chef, was just let go from his job. He lands a gig at an old boarding house called Astro-sou, but hesitates to accept after learning he must also live there full-time. That is until he meets the beautiful and charming caretaker, Mira, and he's sold. The two begin to work together and their connection deepens. But Mira has a secret: she isn't from this world!

Returning Stuff

KhnxTGq.jpeg

Yuru Camp△ SEASON 3
PV

New studio, new look, but I imagine it'll be fine. It's the season for that sort of thing between this, Spice & Wolf, and…

WZmyOsZ.jpeg

Konosuba S3
PV

The dysfunctional party is back, but they may be short a member soon 'cause Kazuma is over it. Disillusioned with adventure, he wants to become a monk, but Aqua, Megumin, and Darkness call bull. However, the career dispute gets put on hold when a princess requests to hear all about their tales. Will the taste of fame at the royal castle keep them together or will this mark their farewell tour?

yj3nco2.png

Sound! Euphonium S3
PV

Kumiko's third year finally begins! With the concert band at Kitauji High School over 90 members, Kumiko is now the president and does her best with her final high school club activities to try to win her long-desired gold at nationals.

V0lRT8v.png

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc
PV

The Hashira, the Demon Slayer Corps' highest ranking swordsmen and members. The Hashira Training has begun in order to face the forthcoming battle against Muzan Kibutsuji. Each with their own thoughts and hopes held in their hearts, a new story for Tanjiro and the Hashira begins.

zEJljs2.jpeg

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime S3
PV

Rimuru has officially become a Demon Lord after defeating Clayman. Following Walpurgis, the Demon Lords' banquet, Rimuru's domain is expanded to include the entire Great Forest of Jura. Anticipating a flood of representatives from all races showing up to pay their respects, Rimuru decides to throw a festival to commemorate the opening of Tempest, using it as an opportunity to gain new citizens and present Demon Lord Rimuru to the world. Meanwhile, in the Holy Empire of Lubelius, home base of the monster-hating cult of Luminism, Holy Knight Captain Hinata receives a message from Rimuru. But the message is actually a fabricated declaration of war sent by some unknown party. Upon learning that Hinata is heading for Tempest, Rimuru makes a decision... Thus begins a new challenge for Rimuru, striving to distinguish friend from foe in his pursuit of the ideal nation where humans and monsters can prosper together.

pqxf3JP.jpeg

Black Butler: Public School Arc
PV

5A0dmZt.jpeg

The Duke of Death and His Maid S3
PV
The Duke and Alice will have their fates collide as their untouchable relationship comes to its conclusion!

Other returning stuff includes My Hero Academia, Date A Live, Mahouka, and Jobless Reincarnation. As always, feel free to talk up your favorite isekai I didn't include.

~*~*~From the Desk of N-ko~*~*~
CN9i5KD.png

It's come to my attention that Netflix Jail is no longer acceptable terminology and henceforth such shows should be referred to as still on N-ko's desk waiting for her approval in heaven.

Looks like a lot of catalog stuff incoming but maybe of interest to some.

Black Clover S1 - 4/1
Great Teacher Onizuka - 4/1
Haikyuu S1 - 4/1
One Piece Film: Red - 4/1
Mob Psycho 100 S1/S2 - 4/15
Grimm Variations - 4/17
T.P. Bon S1 - 5/2
My Oni Girl - 5/24
Baki Hanma vs Kengan Ashura - 6/6
Ultraman Rising - 6/14
Rising Impact S1 - 6/22

Resources

Spring 2024 Shows
Spring 2024, Who Has What Shows
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2023 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2023 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2022 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2022 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Decade Results Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Decade Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2021 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2021 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2020 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2020 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Results Full Spreadsheet Doc
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2019 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Results
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Results Full Spreadsheet Doc
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2018 Voting Thread
ResetEra Anime of the Year 2017 Results

Discussion Ground Rules
- Please do not discuss piracy.
- Please keep it work-safe.
- Please do not be stupid.
-DONT POST ANITUBER VIDEOS (In Particular the big name ones Gigg, Mother's Basement, Digi etc..(Those three in particular endorsed the scams of Flying Colors and/or Otakucoin), Baka-Bishie's post found here explains the rationale of why this rule was put into place and links resources to more details on what occurred during one of these scams. Smaller Youtube channel videos can be posted, but please only post them if you think it if you think it will cause actual discussion or gives non-low hanging fruit knowledge.​

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the Spice and Wolf cast isn't changing? Mother of God.

They need to actually adapt the whole thing already, I need to see Lawrence and Holo adopt that kid.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
Here for Grandpa and Grandma. One of my favourite current running manga.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, they're adapting Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again?!?!

Bro, what is with this season?

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Spice and Wolf, Eupho, and the grandparents turning young thing are what catch my eye this season, let's see how it goes.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely here for Spice and Wolf, it's been so long I don't remember much, except that it's good.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Got my list prepped, some fun stuff this season tho I'll be waiting for dubs on quite a few

cachedImage.png

Summer is looking really wild tho

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Down for Spice and Wolf. Nothing else is jumping out at me for this season but I'm sure I'll find a few more shows to enjoy.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Here for the Wolf Economics lesson.

Someone going to do an OT for Spice and Wolf?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Is Spice and Wolf a reboot?
Yes, the original skipped side content that apparently became way more important later on to the point it'd be an issue. Also it's confirmed to be 2 cours so I actually think it's gonna be as long as the old show.

(I never got too far into the old one so it'll be fun to get in weekly. Waiting for the dub tho)

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Let's gooooo

Definitely watching:
Laid-back Camp S3
Sound Euphonium S3
Train to the End of the World
Grandma and Grandpa Turn Young Again
Go Go Loser Ranger
My Hero Academia S7
Whisper Me a Love Song
Mission: Yozakura Family
Tadaima Okaeri
A Condition Called Love
The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio
Sand Land (once they fix those subs)

Will probably check out:
Kaiju No. 8
The Fable
Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night
Konosuba S3
Spice & Wolf
The Grimm Variations
Girls Band Cry
Blue Archive
Demon Slayer (The pacing is gonna be GODAWFUL if they're only adapting the Hashira training arc, I might not even tune in)

I waited too long and now this has too many episodes:
The Irregular at Magic High School
Date a Live
Black Butler

I said I wasn't going to watch as many as last season but it looks like that might not be the case 😅
Rip, my backlog

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Yes, the original skipped side content that apparently became way more important later on to the point it'd be an issue. Also it's confirmed to be 2 cours so I actually think it's gonna be as long as the old show.

(I never got too far into the old one so it'll be fun to get in weekly. Waiting for the dub tho)
The old one was also 2 cours and if that was with them skipping content then would the reboot even reach the same point if they're adapting everything?

Would be kinda funny if the reboot stops at the same point (or earlier) as the old one though lol. We're never getting to the end of Spice and Wolf.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Yup, starting over at the beginning.

Ah okay, neat

I vaguely remember watching a little bit of it a loooong time ago, will be interesting to revisit it

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I hope I have forgotten enough of the old Spice and Wolf to enjoy the new show retreading the same ground. I certainly don't mind, as long as we get past that point.

Would love for Twelve Kingdoms to get the same treatment.

Still gotta say I much prefer the older show's character designs.

ojbd

Jul 18, 2018
Season for me seems to be:

Train to the end of the world
Astro note
Girls band cry
Jellyfish can't swim
Yatagarasu
Ranger Reject (the superior name)
Yozakura family
Kaiju 8
Grimm variations
HeroAca
Kimetsu no Yaiba (this arc is shorter then Inifinty train, so I fully expect some fuckery is abound)

Plus ongoing stuff:
Urusei yatsura
One piece

Kind of a salad of different genres this time around. Honestly, not much I am that excited for so I am looking forward to being pleasently surprised by some of these.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
after an incredibly solid start to the year we have... an incredibly solid continuation of the year.

i need to catch up on eupho movies before i can even start this season...

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
do I need to see that Sound Euphonium Contest OVA thing before S3? or will that be part of S3?
where do you even watch that? I've been waiting for it to pop up on Crunchy or Tubi for ages...

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
do I need to see that Sound Euphonium Contest OVA thing before S3? or will that be part of S3?
where do you even watch that? I've been waiting for it to pop up on Crunchy or Tubi for ages...
It leads directly into season 3, I've been waiting for someone to pick it up for months.

Crunchyroll is picking up S3, maybe they upload it on there the same day? Idk

DrewyMcK

Nov 5, 2017
New shows
Kaiju No.8

Returning shows
Demon Slayer
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World
My Hero Academia
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime

Continuing from last season
Dungeon Meshi
One Piece
Pokemon
Sand Land: The Series

Movies / OVAs
Code Geass: Roze of the Recapture
Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction - Part 2

jgminto

Oct 25, 2017
This is like the Ratatouille moment but for shitposting about anime on the internet.

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
feels incredibly weird to be seeing Spice & Wolf, Bartender and Blackbutler all in the same season in 2024

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
He looks like the main character of the romance manga the characters in dangers of my heart are into

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
With Frieren and Apothecary ending, I really need to find something good this season. Looking at the previews, these stand out:

Jellyfish Can't Swim in the Night - Doga Kobo is a great studio, and band shows have been really good lately, and the trailer looks great.
Mahjong Soul Kan!! - The first season of Majsoul was incredible, so this should be fun.
Whisper Me a Love Song - Yuri shows have been more miss than hit for me lately, but this one looks nice.
Spice and Wolf - Never watched the original but know it's well regarded. Doesn't really look like my type of show, but might as well check it out I guess.
Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again - Looks super wholesome, and we don't get a lot of old people in anime.
Blue Archive - Really interested in how they adapt this.
The Many Sides of Voice Actor Radio - Another Yuri show.
Girls Band Cry - Another band show.
Shinymas - I played the game despite not understanding Japanese well enough to understand the story, so I guess I should watch this.
Train to the End of the World - It's Mizushima, so it could be good.
Tadaima, Okaeri - I guess this is the first Omegaverse anime. That's certainly something. The trailer looks cute enough. TBH I'm more interested in the reactions of people who stumble into this by accident than in the actual show.

Okay, so, nothing that immediately stands out the way Frieren did, but there sure are a lot of shows that could have potential.

Last edited:

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
The old one was also 2 cours and if that was with them skipping content then would the reboot even reach the same point if they're adapting everything?

Would be kinda funny if the reboot stops at the same point (or earlier) as the old one though lol. We're never getting to the end of Spice and Wolf.
Since the original came out the pacing of adapting light novels has increased quite a bit.
The original adapted the light novels at around 6 episodes per book, in general light novel adaptions these days get 4 episodes per book.

"The "Spice and Wolf" series has been adapted into various formats. The anime adapted volumes 1, 2, 3, and 5 of the light novels, and about half of volume 7 through its two seasons and OVA episodes"

If they are aiming for a full adaption it wouldn't surprise me if they even tried to cut it down to 3 episodes per book for the new adaption.

This is because there are 24 volumes of the main series now and 10 to the sequel... so if you did 3 eps per book and 2 cour seasons then you could do 8 books per run and do 3 runs to adapt the entire main series right now. And still leave yourself the sequel series to adapt as well lol

though it also divides by 4 well as well and do 4 runs of 2 cours covering 6 books per run.

I just can't see them going back to the original pace and doing 6 runs of 2 cours doing 4 books per run. I just can't see 144+ episodes of spice and wolf in our future lol.

This all being said it's also not impossible that they will try to do some movies in there as well.

Ganyc

Oct 26, 2017
Great OT

my watchlist:
Spice & Wolf (of course)
Shinkalion
Sound Euphorium
Reincarnated as a slime
Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again

maybe: Blue Archive

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Bracing myself for Bartender to be a disappointment.
I'm bracing myself for everyone to hate on spice and wolf lol

old fans for it not being the old show and not living up to their expectations
new watchers for it not living up to the hype old fans have been bringing to the table.

meanwhile I'm expecting it to be better than the very low bar I set for it given the studio that is adapting it so I will likely enjoy it well enough because if Passione actually hits the bar I set for the series we will have a Promised Neverland season 2 situation on our hands if not worse lol.