Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Very impressive how quick they manage to update this with new features/improvements.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Emu authors started early given it was known GBA was basically an ARM7+Z80. VGBA and GBAemu both released in 2000, iGBA in Feb 2001 (a month before GBA launch) and then in 2001 a bunch more came with better compatibility (VBA, No$GBA, DreamGBA, Boycott Advance). GBA emus had full playable compatibility within months of launch and updated to maintain that throughout it's lifecycle.

Yuzu's impressive but Switch isn't really far off from PSX, N64, Wii or 3DS, all of which were playably emulated during their mid lifecycles.
Thanks for the info!

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If they keep up this pace with improvements I may need to hack my launch switch to dump my games sooner then I would have otherwise.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can you really get 30fps games to run at 60fps on this emulator?

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Man this is rapidly moving from curiosity into "…Maybe I should play [insert game with performance issues] on my PC instead of my Switch." Like it's not quite there yet but damn this is good progress.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Fire Emblem is running pretty well too, and you can force AF with the emulator. Combined with stable framerates (there's 60fps mod too), it has become superior to the original hardware.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
New Early Access update, Xenoblade Chronicles is running

www.patreon.com

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Running on Release! | yuzu Team

Patreon is empowering a new generation of creators. Support and engage with artists and creators as they live out their passions!

Damn, looks good. Are people able to play with joycon / pro controllers?
It's possible, yuzu accepts dinput/xinput controllers, so assuming you've got something like Steam to remap them, they'll be recognized in the emulator.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
New Early Access update, Xenoblade Chronicles is running

www.patreon.com

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Running on Release! | yuzu Team

Patreon is empowering a new generation of creators. Support and engage with artists and creators as they live out their passions!

It's possible, yuzu accepts dinput/xinput controllers, so assuming you've got something like Steam to remap them, they'll be recognized in the emulator.
Cool! Just to clarify, you'd need to hook them up to Steam first to do some re-mapping and then connect to Yuzu? I'm assuming the remapping is needed to re-map the keyboard controls to the controller buttons, is this correct?

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Cool! Just to clarify, you'd need to hook them up to Steam first to do some re-mapping and then connect to Yuzu? I'm assuming the remapping is needed to re-map the keyboard controls to the controller buttons, is this correct?
Yuzu accepts xinput controls, so Steam can take switch pro controller inputs and spit out xinput. You still need to manually bind the buttons/joysticks in Yuzu though.

If you've got an adapter like 8BitDo's https://www.8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/ that can translate everything to xinput controls, you could cut out the Steam/software part and bind it straight into Yuzu.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Yuzu accepts xinput controls, so Steam can take switch pro controller inputs and spit out xinput. You still need to manually bind the buttons/joysticks in Yuzu though.

If you've got an adapter like 8BitDo's https://www.8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/ that can translate everything to xinput controls, you could cut out the Steam/software part and bind it straight into Yuzu.
Whoa, this xinput stuff goes a bit beyond my knowledge because I haven't used these high end emulators before. Thanks for the explanation - I may come back to you with some questions if I ever decide to try it!

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone know the "do and do not" stuff when it comes to getting banned and Switch CFW? Can I safely dump my games without getting banned?
I have a jig & a launch Switch, but I've always been wary because I can't find good information on it.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit XB2 is finally rendering decently.

Can't wait to replay it in 4k/60fps hopefully by the end of the year.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, this xinput stuff goes a bit beyond my knowledge because I haven't used these high end emulators before. Thanks for the explanation - I may come back to you with some questions if I ever decide to try it!
Sorry, xinput is just a fancy way of saying Xbox controller (360, One). Since Xbox controllers are basically the defacto PC controller, a lot of programs revolve around taking non-Xbox controllers and making other programs think that's what they are (because of how commonly they're supported).

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, xinput is just a fancy way of saying Xbox controller (360, One). Since Xbox controllers are basically the defacto PC controller, a lot of programs revolve around taking non-Xbox controllers and making other programs think that's what they are (because of how commonly they're supported).
Ah, alright - thanks for explaining.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
60fps mod on CTR working well

Hopefully someone implements something like Cemu's graphic pack config so these granular mods are a bit more manageable.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
New Feature Release - ARB Shaders
Hey Patrons! While work is ongoing with multicore, we've got a new batch of exciting yuzu improvements just around the corner! This time around, we're introducing an ARB assembly language backend for our shader decompiler, which should greatly improve shader compile times for NVIDIA users! This feature significantly reduces shader stutter, even when you do not already have a shader cache.​
This feature is now available to our Patrons in the latest Early Access builds of yuzu.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-feature-arb-37864394

Also, 60fps mod for Kirby works well

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
32bits Game Support now in Early Access. Pretty much out of nowhere.

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

MK8 doesn't seem to work yet

Nov 1, 2017
60fps mod on CTR working well

Hopefully someone implements something like Cemu's graphic pack config so these granular mods are a bit more manageable.

It's incredible to see the emulator out perform all the console versions of the game during races. Menus seem a little slow, but it shines during gameplay. I wonder, does the mod work for 4-player multiplayer...

Last edited:

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Multicore has been finally merged into master:
github.com

Remake Kernel Scheduling, CPU Management & Boot Management (Prometheus) by FernandoS27 · Pull Request #3955 · yuzu-emu/yuzu

This PR rewrites a series of key components from yuzu such as the Kernel Scheduler, CPU Management and the Boot Management. The Kernel Scheduler has been based on TuxSH's firmware 7.0.0's k...

Which means a huge speedup in a lot of games.

Also Brigandine : Legend or Runersia is allrdy perfectly playable at day 1, not a very demanding looking game i guess but still pretty great.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Kart 8 started working recently but needs a firmware dump because of Mii functionality

Deadly Premonition 2

Astral Chain

Pokemon Sword running at a pretty stable 30 at this point

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
My PC:
- AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- 32GB RAM
- Radeon RX580

I struggle to get 30 fps on Maryo Odyssey, is that normal for my setup, or are there some major settings that I am screwing up?