• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 1, 2017
With how old the Switch is, the amount of progress they've made so far is incredible. I wonder if there will eventually be a solution for shader compilation stutter. I also fear that Nintendo will one day make another claim against emulators...

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Amazing progress by the Yuzu devs! Zelda is of course not perfect yet in terms of performance and rendering but reznoire is also not running a very beefy machine in nowadays standards.
I wonder how DRS games will look in Yuzu, to be honest. How would the game decide in which resolution to render when being emulated?

Edit:
beefier machine:

poropat

Created an alt account to abuse the GiftBot system
Banned
Aug 23, 2018
Amazing progress by the Yuzu devs! Zelda is of course not perfect yet in terms of performance and rendering but reznoire is also not running a very beefy machine in nowadays standards.
I wonder how DRS games will look in Yuzu, to be honest. How would the game decide in which resolution to render when being emulated?

Edit:
beefier machine:

Amazing progress.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
No it's not, the framerate is worse in Yuzu.

lol c'mon the game just came out a bit more then 2 weeks ago, games usually take months just to go ingame with heavy graphical bugs and running at 1-2 fps. To have a brand new game running this good now is like black magic it's abolutely unreal how fast emulation is progressing these days.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
lol c'mon the game just came out a bit more then 2 weeks ago, games usually take months just to go ingame with heavy graphical bugs and running at 1-2 fps. To have a brand new game running this good now is like black magic it's abolutely unreal how fast emulation is progressing these days.

I never said it wasn't impressive, it obviously is. I just was stating a fact to correct the user I quoted.

Unr3al

Nov 10, 2018
Pokemon Sword can be "played" if you use a savegame to skip the softlocks, 14 minutes video:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Just seems harder for pirates to crack, but other than that its the same thing they used to do

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Just seems harder for pirates to crack, but other than that its the same thing they used to do
..that'll work with the updater and will be a proper branch and not a one off franken-build. Their messaging with the Patreon builds was never super strict, it referenced sharing it with friends.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
On Vulkan
Link's Awakening, the depth of field is working

Super Mario Odyssey, probably unrelated but I never really noticed the dynamic resolution kicking in while playing before this

Monster Zero

Nov 5, 2017
Southern California
I'm seeing all this great progress with these newer games but what makes Xenoblade 2 so difficult to emulate properly? Is it really that much more demanding than other Switch games like Pokémon and Link's Awakening?