The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I've had those days lately, and I must say that I don't play when that happens. I find that watching something on an online video platform is far more relaxing for my brain as it doesn't require me to take an active role.

Me too, most days of the week I can only watch something after work. I usually only have the energy to play on weekends. I've played 8 hours of Assassin's Creed Odyssey already today.

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
Rocket League, and recently Spelunky 2. I've accepted that I'm terrible at the latter so tend to laugh rather than get frustrated by stupid deaths

sugar bear

Oct 27, 2017
Classic arcade titles I've been enjoying for nearly 4 decades, like Paperboy, Dig Dug or Donkey Kong. It's a blast to go through the gameplay routines I put together when I was a little kid.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
This has been my gaming life for the last year or so; with work being tough and having a second child, and it really has shown me what my comfort genres are. I have been playing through Ubisoft games, last two were AC Odyssey and Far Cry 5, they're good as they feel like games you can play on autopilot. Normally that'd be a negative.

Another genre that works is strategy games, I've replayed xcom 2 and am currently playing Valkyria Chronicles 4. As you don't need to react in real time the pace is pretty good. I can imagine VNs would work, too, so I'll try Shibuya Scramble and Ace Attorney next.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Great, this sounds like a really fun way to meet up and play with some family. Always find ways to play with gaming friends but never thought about a cool family game to also enjoy when they're not as into gaming like my friends and I are.
it is great, especially if you have nephews/nieces or younger folks in your family. Grandpa (my dad) basically gets Minecraft lessons from my nephew while I catch up with my sister and brother-in-law.

TigerPhin

Oct 28, 2017
Just wanted to say that I have been loving The Witness but it is not the game to play on a dead or sleepy brain. It is sort of relaxing but requires a lot of active thought.

Definitely think things you have played many times before are the ones you fall back on...

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Smash Ultimate is my go to veg out game. I'll just pick random characters and hop into 4 player smash matches.