• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
America sure does like to put the best out there for leaders huh.

Glad I'm not American because voting Biden to win over Trump would still leave a bitter feeling.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
No matter what she did or didn't do there would always be doubt. There is no perfect victim. Especially when it comes to cases like this.

You either believe her or don't.

belief may not have a gray area but she could be the perfect victim and Biden would still get the benefit of the doubt because he is supposedly going to save the world from Trump. Actually, nvm, he'd get that by default for being a guy...

jay

Oct 25, 2017
When every election is supposed to be the biggest most important election in our lives we are never able to hold any long term values. It's always sell your soul for the lesser evil and never stand firm on principle.

I'll vote for the guy but at some point we need to take a step back and accept our long term values matter more than the current election. It's likely to bring in more people, too, when it's apparent we aren't just playing team sports but actually care about the things we say.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
This is why we shouldn't fetishize compromising on your morals as a sign of political maturity. It leads to a political sphere that treats men like this as normal. This is some nasty shit and we should expect better from our political candidates. I don't think I'm voting for another rapist.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ her description.
"Cmon man I thought you liked me"

That sounds exactly like something he would say

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I can't fully articulate why I feel this way, but it just makes my skin crawl reading the people In here who are able to so easily say weellll before I believe her I need a full investigation first, I need 'x' amount of people to come out to her defense, and on and on , then the people who agree " this is where I'm at too".

May 26, 2018
Telling this to everyone I know who might vote Republican so they stay home in November. The outcome's the same either way.

I think a part of that comes from extremely few Rs saying "then I won't vote!"

they'll always vote. They'll be 90 years old, crawling out of their wheelchairs and squirming over broken glass to vote.

Sep 28, 2018
It's not really the same. The Supreme Court picks and judicial picks is too much at stake to sit out if Biden finds his name on my ballot in November.

this is really disgusting though and affirms some suspicions. But I don't want a GOP court super majority for several decades either.What will I tell my future children? That I held the moral high ground on this?

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Posting it casts doubt on the accuser for no reason though. Unless there is actual evidence that shows she's just lying about everything.

That is possible but your anger should be at people who are doubting not people who are verifying if what they say is true or false.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck, that's disturbing. Having to vote for a centrist this November is tough enough (though, not too bad when it's against Trump), but now it's quite possible he's a goddamn rapist. There needs to be thorough investigations, if at all possible. If any more damning evidence or accusations come up, Trump might win this election handily since this will seriously depress voter turnout for dems.

Kamala is probably banging her head against a desk right now (or anybody else on the short list of possible VP's).

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
That is possible but your anger should be at people who are doubting not people who are verifying if what they say is true or false.
What you're doing by linking something with zero follow up context or commentary is perpetuating the narrative that she's a Putin stooge trying to hurt Biden (whether intended or not). That is basically what people are getting at in regards to her writing that piece, especially along with:
It's on webarchive because it was deleted.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I would presume that papers are not going to run this story until they can corroborate certain facts around the case.

So CNN, WaPo et al are probably contacting her to verify her employment, verify that she lived where she did and ask staffers to recount encounters she described happened publicly.

If you follow the Catch and Kill story around Weinstein they are going to need to button the story up prior to reporting on the issue and get verification that the accuser can corroborate basic facts around her time working for Biden. Then you'll see this become a national story.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
No one is going to investigate this. WaPo, NYT, CNN, MSNBC, ect aren't even reporting on it yet.

They're likely doing their own due diligence before reporting on it. I don't get the idea that they wouldn't report on this because it would piss off their DC contacts when the NY Times reported on multiple allegations of rape and assault against Trump, and at the same time employ Maggie Haberman, who is the mostly blatantly Trump-adjacent access journalist in any mainstream outlet.

When every election is supposed to be the biggest most important election in our lives we are never able to hold any long term values.
Every election is the most important election of your life. Every election is chance to fix things. Even the years that don't seem that consequential, like 2014, end up being profoundly important. This isn't campaigns hoodwinking voters; treat every new election like the most important one, because it's always literally true.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Fuck, that's disturbing. Having to vote for a centrist this November is tough enough (though, not too bad when it's against Trump), but now it's quite possible he's a goddamn rapist. There needs to be thorough investigations, if at all possible. If any more damning evidence or accusations come up, Trump might win this election handily since this will seriously depress voter turnout for dems.

Kamala is probably banging her head against a desk right now (or anybody else on the short list of possible VP's).
We didn't need thorough investigations to know Trump was a rapist, and the same is true of Joe Biden imo.

stew

Dec 2, 2017
He needs to step down.

By the way, what woman (or man) would accept to be his VP after this?

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rape and sexual assault are such serious issues that I really don't want to cloud this thread with supporting some candidate even if the accused is currently in a primary. You should just take that stuff to the Primary thread. This thread isn't about Sanders vs. Biden, it is about what Biden did to Reade.
Fair enough.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Not surprised. Biden is a known creep but it seems to always get swept under the rug. Listened to the audio and yeah that's pretty disturbing. And if anyone wants to claim she's lying I would just have to ask:

Why tell a story that he can wiggle his way out of? He could claim it was nothing more than a reaction to mixed signals and that all men have been in that position before, and he didn't escalate further when she said no.

I don't believe the above but I'm playing devil's advocate for those who are bound to justify his awful behavior. Just gross.

Oct 26, 2017
belief may not have a gray area but she could be the perfect victim and Biden would still get the benefit of the doubt because he is supposedly going to save the world from Trump. Actually, nvm, he'd get that by default for being a guy...
That's my point. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No matter what, people would and will doubt victims.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I'm sure the FBI, run by William Barr and his hand-picked cadre of Trump loyalists will completely ignore a rape allegation that could get their boss reelected.
Then what good would an FBI investigation do? If they corroborated her story people would call it out for being politically motivated.

My point is that an investigation in this case is meaningless and any outcome would be meaningless.

You either believe her or you don't.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Christ, how awful. What does Bernie even do in this situation? Just wait it out?

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're likely doing their own due diligence before reporting on it. I don't get the idea that they wouldn't report on this because it would piss off their DC contacts when the NY Times reported on multiple allegations of rape and assault against Trump, and at the same time employ Maggie Haberman, who is the mostly blatantly Trump-adjacent access journalist in any mainstream outlet.

I hope you're right, but the media has had an extremely embarrassing track record this election season.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
As a Brit, I can't help but wait to see all of the moderate Dems who were screaming about Trump being a rapist suddenly change their tune when their own guy is one too.

We failed in our last election and I was hoping Bernie would get the nom over there but if you go with biden, we'll, good luck.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
"Not voting is the same as voting GOP" is literally and mathematically false. If you vote for Trump, then the number of total votes for Trump goes up by one. If you vote for the dem nominee, the total number of their votes goes up by one. If you do not vote, then you are not making either number go up by one. I'm pretty sure my math checks out on this.

Even with all of this and already not being psyched about Biden(and god fuckin knows what other crazy shit will happen in the next 6 months), I GUESS I'll still go click that button for whoever the dem nominee is, just for the sake of the Supreme Court and other appointments if nothing else, and I (tepidly) invite others reading this to do the same. But the only thing that is equivalent to voting GOP is voting GOP. Not voting is equivalent to not voting.

Hey, everyone saying you won't vote for either Biden or Trump in the general.

That's your choice and that's valid.

But.

STILL SHOW UP AND VOTE FOR YOUR CONGRESS PERSON AND EVERYONE ELSE THAT'S RUNNING FOR GOODNESS SAKE.

But definitely this, though. The fact that liberals and leftists are so bad at engaging in local and state politics is part of what's let the right gain so much ground in recent years.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Christ, how awful. What does Bernie even do in this situation? Just wait it out?

If more accusations don't come out against Biden detailiing specific crimes I don't think any of this sticks to Biden. Ms. Reade previously said in early 2019 that Joe Biden assaulted her and absolutely nothing came out of that, he still showed up at all the debates, won super tuesday, and is leading in the delegate counts.
www.theunion.com

Nevada County woman says Joe Biden inappropriately touched her while working in his U.S. Senate office

A Nevada County woman has added her voice to a recent spate of allegations that former vice president and possible presidential candidate Joe Biden touched her when she worked in

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
So the US will - at best- simply swap a senile White-Nationalist rapist with a senile Moderate rapist. Now thats change you can believe in.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
All he does is wait it out, pray for a miracle, probably make it about himself and not the victim much like you're doing now in a thread about the victim.

Feels bad that she is getting smeared and attacked. The internet really is a horrible place at times.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I knew that Biden would be the wrong choice as the nominee, & this is one of the very reasons why.

People who didn't vote for either Sanders or Warren as the Democratic primary have failed America. Shameful.

Deleted member 32561

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
How many allegations of sexual assault have you heard of refer to recent incidents occurring in public? Sexual assault allegations always pertain to things that happened in private, often years if not decades ago. That doesn't preclude them from being investigated. And investigations turn up valuable information and other corroborating witnesses, if not new accusers altogether. Look at the media investigations of Roy Moore or Kavanaugh. Or Trump. Or Cosby. Or Weinstein. And so on.
Fair, and if it would turn up more victims of Biden's, absolutely should be one. But I guess my point is more that the default until such an investigation is carried out should be "I believe and support her". Not "HMM MAYBE SHE'S A RUSSIAN ASSET" or the regular ol' victim-silencing "I need more proof". The number of people who lie about these things are vastly outnumbered by the number of victims there really are.

AppleMIX

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
What you're doing by linking something with zero follow up context or commentary is perpetuating the narrative that she's a Putin stooge trying to hurt Biden. That is basically what people are getting at in regards to her writing that piece

If you have a problem with that argument, address people making that argument. I'm not making that argument, I'm not saying she is a putin stooge or that she is lying. I don't think that is the case. Someone just asked where this claim comes from and I provided a source. You can say its out of context or not relevant to the current situation, and that is totally fine argument to make but don't assume what I believe. You're shooting the messenger here.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
We didn't need thorough investigations to know Trump was a rapist, and the same is true of Joe Biden imo.

I actually think the thorough investigations into Trump's allegations were quite helpful in making clear that he is a serial assaulter

"Not voting is the same as voting GOP" is literally and mathematically false. If you vote for Trump, then the number of total votes for Trump goes up by one. If you vote for the dem nominee, the total number of their votes goes up by one. If you do not vote, then you are not making either number go up by one. I'm pretty sure my math checks out on this.
You're assuming even playing fields of voters though. Republican turnout is just generally better than Democratic turnout; their voters show up no matter what. Dem turnout is always finicky, and can ebb or flow depending on the election and the candidate. McCain and Romney didn't lose because of poor GOP turnout, they lost because of sky high Obama turnout. Similarly, Gore and Kerry and Hillary lost because of weak Dem turnout. And then you get into the Electoral College breakdowns, which are even more GOP friendly.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I think the overwhelming emotion I'm feeling right now is frustration. I wanted to be excited for the Democratic nominee this year, I wanted to be motivated to campaign and push and be a part of making the US something better and this is just taking the wind out of my sails completely. I don't know if I can promote and push Biden like I would most other potential candidates.

I defended him against attacks on his "mental decline" and was trying to look on the bright side for policy, courts, and other important things *any* D candidate would have, but yeah.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
"grab em by the pussy" seems to be both Trump and Biden's way of thinking. I can't vote for this POS.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Just yesterday I was wondering how liberals would spend the next 7 months propping up an unlikeable POS like Biden as the savior of mankind. Now I get to see how they do it with rape allegations.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
You're assuming even playing fields of voters though. Republican turnout is just generally better than Democratic turnout; their voters show up no matter what. Dem turnout is always finicky, and can ebb or flow depending on the election and the candidate. McCain and Romney didn't lose because of poor GOP turnout, they lost because of sky high Obama turnout. Similarly, Gore and Kerry and Hillary lost because of weak Dem turnout. And then you get into the Electoral College breakdowns, which are even more GOP friendly.

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but the fact remains. And Obama turnout was great because dem voters loved Obama, not because we did a really good job guilting enough people into voting for someone they weren't excited about.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If you have a problem with that argument, address people making that argument. I'm not making that argument, I'm not saying she is a putin stooge or that she is lying. I don't think that is the case. Someone just asked where this claim comes from and I provided a source. You can say its out of context or not relevant to the current situation, and that is totally fine argument to make but don't assume I agree with it. You're shooting the messenger here.
No I'm not, you're missing my point. Simply dropping a piece like that along with a "by the way it was deleted" is irresponsible and can easily be interpreted in the wrong way or lead people.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
It should have been Bernie. It should have been him before and it should have been him now.

I have been mentally preparing myself for some time for Trump to win again.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Just yesterday I was wondering how liberals would spend the next 7 months propping up an unlikeable POS like Biden as the savior of mankind. Now I get to see how they do it with rape allegations.
it is pretty depressing

but i refuse to believe asking for a candidate who isn't a creep or a predator is too much and then being made out to be "part of the problem" for doing so

if this is the solution then sure, leave me out

Status
Not open for further replies.