• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ken_matthews

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that ban seemed unreasonable. I was also temp banned a while ago for something that I thought was pretty silly. I certainly wasn't doing with the mod claimed I was, but what are you going to do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
The poster got banned not just for this one post, but multiple posts where they bring up conspiracy theories about Putin and Russia and media coverage. Regardless of what came out of Tara Reade's credibility much later after this ban occurred, at the time, there was no real reason to cast aspersions on the victim. Using such rhetoric is hostile to victims of sexual assault and it makes it difficult for victims to come forward, and that is why such rhetoric has always been against our guidelines.

Moreover, bumping a thread 2 months later to complain about your ban, especially over a sensitive issue, is completely inappropriate. This is not how members should express concern about their bans. The member had 2 months to email in an appeal and make their case, and never once did that.

We are locking this thread because it's clearly no longer on-topic. We will still be evaluating some of the remaining posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.