Canas Renvall

Mar 4, 2018
For me it would have to be either Smash Ultimate or REmake 2.

Ultimate for the roster and REmake 2 to show how far graphics have come for a series that would go on to become my favorite.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
Easily Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.

Gu1Zdez.jpg

with the most updated version of the roster ofc.
yeah probably this

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Definitely Smash Ultimate with that roster. I'd then tell my 10 year old self that I still like Melee more a few minutes afterwards.

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
My first gaming experience was the original Game Boy with Tetris at age 3, so Tetris Effect seems right

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
The World Ends With You

Edgt teenager 2004 me would've loved it. And it had a good moral message I could've used

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Easily Super Smash Brothers Ultimate.

Gu1Zdez.jpg

with the most updated version of the roster ofc.

Yup it's this one

I mean there are several characters who would be absolutely baffling but I know kid-me would be hyped by Toon Link, Pokémon Trainer, Pac-Man, Bowser Jr., Villager, and ESPECIALLY Cloud & Sonic.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I go with Demon's Souls remake to blow my mind in terms of graphics. But really I'd probably show myself my own Steam library/sales. Despite preservation drawbacks, digital distribution is so damn awesome and convenient.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Assassin's Creed Odyssey was a decade+ long dream come true, so probably that one. To be able to explore a huge, digital version of Ancient Greece with graphics miles ahead of those first TES: Oblivion screenshots that made me cream at the time... hoo boy.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Smash Ultimate as others said. Sonic, Solid Snake, Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, Banjo-Kazooie, King K. Rool, and the rest? Hot damn.

OP
OP
Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey was a decade+ long dream come true, so probably that one. To be able to explore a huge, digital version of Ancient Greece with graphics miles ahead of those first TES: Oblivion screenshots that made me cream at the time... hoo boy.
Hell even the original AC would've already made me loose my mind considering that I was playing Warrior Within at that time lol

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man on PS5 would be the most mind blowing, especially at that era in which the Raimi movies were at their peak.

Nov 4, 2017
disco_elysium_asset9.png

18 year old me would have been absolutely enraptured by Disco Elysium. That was during my extreme political awakening that started a few years before. I was also uh, experimenting a lot.
This and the MF Doom mask in your avatar make me think we could be friends IRL.

I'd show myself the original FFVII and say "this is still the best FF in 17 years from now! Quit hoping it will get better and move on. Also don't trust anybody named Lucy." Before disappearing in a puff of smoke and laughing maniacally.

Log!

Oct 27, 2017
I was obsessed with Painkiller and Serious Sam in 2004, so DOOM 2016 would have blown his goddamn mind. He wouldn't be ready for DOOM Eternal right off the bat.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
God of War 2018 so he can be disappointed and bewildered at 2005's God of War.

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PUBG mobile or Genshin on mobile - coming from Snake on Nokia phones would have definitely blown my mind

seady

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 21, 2019
Resident Evil 7 with VR. 2004 I should be super excited with RE with the release of RE4. Seeing RE7 and in VR would be insane.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing. I tell myself to buy up Amiga games and hardware because they were going for peanuts at the time

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
GTA V would've blown my mind. GTA Vice City and San Andreas were probably the only games I was interested in in 2004.

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
Persona 5 Royal

Everything about that game would have blown my mind when that was the year I first played Final Fantasy 7 and thought it was a masterpiece

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
GTA V would've blown my mind. GTA Vice City and San Andreas were probably the only games I was interested in in 2004.
I feel like GTA V is actually one where I'd see it and say "Yea, that looks about right for the evolution of the series." Of course it's almost a 10-year old game at this point.

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
I would probably show myself Halo because I spent that whole generation looking for a shooter that could replace perfect dark. For WoW factor, probably RDR2.

hasher

Oct 10, 2020
Considering how enamored I was with Ninja Gaiden and the then nascent character action game genre, probably Bayonetta 2? That would've blown my mind.

AndrewDean84

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fontana, California
Half-Life Alyx

Not just that it's VR, but that it's the best god damned VR out there. It's the quality and amount of content that I want out of a full title release.

Last edited:

Bwooduhs

Oct 25, 2017
Probably GTA V since 11 year old me had just discovered GTA. But Pokémon and Ratchet would be good options as well

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Final Fantasy XV or Grand Theft Auto V

Around that time is when my stepbrother introduced me to FFX and San Andreas on the PS2. Seeing the above on a PS4 would probably be enough to ruin video games forever for me, and I could maybe focus on school.