• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for sharing I guess.

Edit: Noooo I ended up on top of the page and probably look like an asshole right now.

Oh well, I'm just going to keep this here and own the shame. You can check last page if you want to see what my (joke) reply was aimed at.

Last edited:

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
I am a pianist, some days ago I made a recording and video and was proud of the outcome. Now if someone would please tell me how to make YouTube suggest my video to people who like that kind of stuff, I'd be grateful

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Shot and edited a little skit last month. It has been a while since I worked on something like this, so I had a great time with it.

And for a skit we put together on the fly, over an afternoon, I think it turned out pretty fun.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
behold what my 10 year old self created:
D9CXE0hWwAEyvHD

D9CXGIVWsAAE4H_

D9CXHv2WkAEkd_Q

a VERY COOL magazine lol. with unethical videogame review no less! (super r-type was NOT that easy and i always played on novice mode anyway!!)

spookyghost

Oct 28, 2017
I've been making music and putting it up on the internet for ~20 years. There's currently ~60 albums worth of material out in the aether, many of which I no longer have copies of myself. It's a cathartic process to create, I play some for my friends occasionally and they like it but I don't promote it anywhere really. I listen to my stuff mostly when I want to reminisce about the period in which it was created. I do charge a tiny amount, (it's ÂŁ4.95 for 45 bandcamp releases) but that's to pay for the hosting on my personal website, where I make a point of saying that if you want everything for free you can email me and I'll happily oblige.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
I draw stuff and make 3D characters. Someday I'll make my own game and there will be an OT of it on Era. Dattebayo.

Deleted member 42102

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
I do reaction videos, used to be ashamed of it but now it's becoming genuinely enjoying for me and as a result I shared my channel with all my friends and received a lot of support which made me cry honestly. sorry not sorry for the rant

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I create mafia/werewolf set-ups, not exactly something easily shared or appreciated unless you play the game. Have no artistic talent outside of that that I know of/am currently interest in trying out.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Sharing creations is the best thing about the internet. This is why net neutrality is so important, or big companies will make it harder for the little guys to share their stuff.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
creation is a deeply personal expression that i can never feel comfortable with sharing. the act is the reward. i will go to my grave with hundreds of hours of music no one will ever hear.

Deleted member 33571

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
I've been doing small 3D illustrations and putting them on twitter for a lil while now. Working on them is a lot of fun and it's nice to have them out there a bit knowing at least a few people are looking at them, but I also started using a browser extension that hides all the like/retweet numbers which I think has made it feel a bit less competitive or like......score-chasey lol. Here's a few of them:

Nov 26, 2018
I'm a bit shy in sharing things because the things I do are self-indulgent. They're immature by nature and old fandom stuff I'm sure most people don't care about

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Wow. That was crazy good.

thank you, I really appreciate it. that took a lot of work.. both bringing the piece to that level and recording, cutting, mixing. I have Beethoven, Chopin and Prokofiev in the queue, will upload that in the coming weeks

the idea is to someday find an artist management that will help me find concerts... not holding my breath lol

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I write, and sometimes illustrate my characters. I used to make levels on LittleBigPlanet, and had an overly ambitious level that I considered spinning off into its own game. Problem is, I have trouble with motivation and internal validation, with few external sources for either. Most of my writing is done as part of shared story exercises so that I know people are waiting on me if I'm not writing. The last time I wrote something independently was in 2017, as part of a creative writing course which I also used to validate what I do. Most of my drawing happens when I'm somewhere I'd rather not be, but I have to be there, so I doodle to occupy my eyes and hands. Sometimes I'll do digital art as a way to get over frustration or despair. I also digitally draw my own avatars, which is the rare instance when I'll ever attempt to color anything.

A few years back I compiled as many doodles as I could find and archived them in a little scrapbook project. I meant for it to be a yearly thing, but between a lack of doodle-time (and thus a lack of scraps), life's pressures creeping in, and the rest of me, I lost my motivation. I put two of them on Deviantart with a bunch of commentary (because I am insecure about what people would think if I didn't explain a dozen times that I don't like how most of it turned out, or exactly what I was thinking, or that I swear I'm not a furry and that my interests just happen to be furry-adjacent), as well as two character specific compilations with more directed commentary (again an abandoned series).

You can see them here: 2012-2013 -- 2013-2014 -- 2015

Here's a compilation of my more complete writings from my 2017 creative writing class. I haven't read it in a while, and a fair bit of it is non-fiction with incriminating details, and I'm going to be embarrassed by all of it by default. The last story features a character in my 2015 doodles, but the rest are unassociated with those illustrations, which are more to do with what I write in the shared story exercises I mentioned earlier.

Those are a weirder format most similar to a written roleplaying story you might see on a forum like this. Some of the writing is expositive or clunky out of necessity for informing the other writers, which is a convenient cushion if any of it reads poorly. And because I'm dumping all of my creative stuff from the past decade or so, here's where my writing starts in each I was involved with. They're named by the themed setting/idea of each story.

University
Dig Site

Mansion
City
Archipelago

Inn
World's Fair
Halloween

Capital
Frontier

2018 (Frontier lasted two and a half years)
Adventure

I don't know how well any of it reads without the writer's context. We maintain a separate thread for discussing the behind the scenes situations, so sometimes plots get dropped or writers have to leave abruptly, and stories get shitcanned or entire story threads wither up altogether. I usually try to stick it to the end, and I was actually pretty happy with the ending of Capital. 2015 was a good year for me.

I am definitely bombarding you with too much because I'm afraid someone is actually going to look at or read any of this and form thoughts about me because of it.

I've also toyed with music, but my mind is too chaotic to remember the melodies I come up with.

If I had increasing time and decreasing responsibility, and maybe a little more faith in the world, I'd love to just explore as many forms of artistic expression as I could.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really want to make my own music, I already have lyrics prepared and Im learning guitar i just dont know how to combine the 2 for my first song. Thinking of making a YouTube channel, throw my stuff up and get a high dislike ratio as my dream

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I've slowly been trying to teach myself how to do pixel art! It's slow going but I've been having a blast.

tumblr_paaplk5hfw1w5blw4o1_400.gif

tumblr_paaq5zrs4Q1w5blw4o1_500.gif
tumblr_paaqhvmQpM1w5blw4o2_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_paahr3KO2p1w5blw4o1_640.gif

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Actually, please watch my final He-Man episode, wherein things get a little nutty.

Siyou

Oct 27, 2017
I make niche (and sometimes difficult to read) hyper-imagery writings. With a less dialogue and heavy description sort of style. Where's a good place to push these creations into creative commons?

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I write stories; right now focusing in a sci fi story. I'm also trying to learn how to draw, but so far it is shitty. No matter, no one starts being a pro. My first stories were shitty. They are so awful that whenever I read them this is how I react:

tumblr_mfthamXqzR1rxzudco1_r1_250.gif

Anyways, I'm quite proud of how I've improved. Here is the prologue of a book I want to try publish. I wish I could share more, but I write in Spanish since that is my native language. I sometimes translate some of my chapters to English, that's why they may have grammatical and other mistakes.

Last edited:

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
I kinda make music. 95% of it isn't finished, but I've made a couple instrumental doodles available. I hope to have an album finished by the end of the year.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've made a couple of mods for Skyrim and Fallout in the past. Think my total downloads is at about ~500,000 across Nexus & Bethesda.net.

Pretty neat to think that half a million people (ish) play their game with just a little bit of my content sprinkled in it.

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
Nice, I'm enjoying seeing everyone's stuff. I also tried my hand at a webcomic a couple months ago but I've been too busy to add to it lately.

hLpJrXr.jpg

Xz65uyM.jpg

7yIZ1Yg.jpg

Pygrus

Oct 27, 2017
Wish I could work up more of a desire to write. Been brewing up a world in my head, but it's so hard to get it down on paper.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool stuff! What is that 4 button looper thingy you're using there?
And is that a Canyon, with the blue button on it?
That's the Ditto X4, which I chose because it can be beat-sync'd via MIDI from a drum machine and is a small(ish) form factor. And yep, the trusty EHX Canyon! I use it in this video for the ending loop, it uses the "shimmer" effect.

Here's a closer look at the board (no expression pedal in the vid).
https://i.imgur.com/WVg2kjU.jpg

EDIT - link instead of masssssive image

Last edited:

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
I used to draw pictures of dubious content for a few years. Never really became as prolific as I'd have liked, but I did have a fair amount of followers and apparently inspired at least a couple others to also create artwork of the same dubious content, so I guess I've done my part.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I get to create at work every day. I've been struggling to carve out creative time on my own. At work I'm almost always doing something commissioned that is creatively satisfying, but I rarely get to make what I want to make. I've been trying to draw and paint more though lately.

Work stuff:
This last one was tough. It was a memorial for a teenager that killed himself. The mother wanted a skateboard leaning up against an aspen tree and a phoenix rising from the ashes. I took some liberties with it and had a sort of tree growing through the seasons and dying and then a phoenix on the last board.

Personal stuff:

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
behold what my 10 year old self created:
D9CXE0hWwAEyvHD

D9CXGIVWsAAE4H_

D9CXHv2WkAEkd_Q

a VERY COOL magazine lol. with unethical videogame review no less! (super r-type was NOT that easy and i always played on novice mode anyway!!)

Yooooo, this awesome; Me and some classmates back in fourth grade did the same thing, we all couldn't afford most games or magazines for that matter -- we made our own EGM "inspired" monthly mags; most of us were avid fighting game players at local arcades but since quarters were hard to come by... we would take fighting game guides, give each character's moveset random, arbitrarily chosen attack points and in a turn-based fashion, battle it out.

Like, I was introduced to RPG mechanics before I ever knew WTF an RPG was; Chrono Trigger was my primer, and oh boy was that a learning experience, lol. I didn't know what to expect when a relative bought it for me as a gift I kept asking for after seeing a kickass advert on TV. I thought it was one of those Zelda type games... turned to be a very defining moment for me in gaming.

Sorry about the trip down memory lane, your post really brought back some things I hadn't thought about in a while. And your artwork/layout was leagues ahead of ours, lol, good stuff.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wrote a script for a short film a year ago. I'll never ever share it though because even I know it's garbage.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
I made a game in Dreams. I don't really have any programming experience, other than dabbling with creation in LittleBigPlanet, but not making anything substantial there.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
I made a game in Dreams. I don't really have any programming experience, other than dabbling with creation in LittleBigPlanet, but not making anything substantial there.

Dude, I'd play the shit outta this. Especially while high, seems like a mellow experience. There is a lot of amazing stuff coming from folks with little to no experience in game dev field -- I've seen games on the app store(s) with barely a quarter of creativity. I hope Mm implements a good system in the future for creators to receive some sort of 'compensation' or something.

OP
OP
TheCthultist

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Every time I come back to this I'm just blown away by some of the stuff people on here have done. I've seen some of the community threads in the past where works have been shared for a specific subject matter, but something about seeing the whole range of creations one after another like this has just been really inspiring. Keep it up!

Since I don't have an efficient way to share most of my writing on here, here's one of the short stories I did and then tried to narrate as a video... my Darkest Dungeon ancestor cadence has gotten much better since this but still needed a lot of work at the time...

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
That's the Ditto X4, which I chose because it can be beat-sync'd via MIDI from a drum machine and is a small(ish) form factor. And yep, the trusty EHX Canyon! I use it in this video for the ending loop, it uses the "shimmer" effect.

Here's a closer look at the board (no expression pedal in the vid).
https://i.imgur.com/WVg2kjU.jpg

EDIT - link instead of masssssive image
Thanx Man. Will look that up. I have the small Ditto Looper that i also love. But this might be the next step.
I love the tap switch on the Canyon. Nice to have your effect in sync with the bpm of the song.

Might Google some more effects on that image ;P

Leithkorias

Oct 27, 2017
I've never really created anything per se, but I always loved video editing. I'd take a song I liked and a movie/video game I liked and blend them together. Never trying to really do anything deep, just trying to make something I thought was cool and would enjoy to watch.

Gametrailers used to have these competitions where people would edit and submit their own videos/trailers and then they'd choose a winner. I always wanted to enter one but never got the courage up to submit an entry. Nevertheless I continued to make my videos just because I enjoyed it and I finally did put them all up on YouTube so that at least someone could stumble across one and hopefully enjoy it.

Here's one I made from Kingdom Hearts.