• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
You gonna put screens in the indie dev thread?
Sure, I could do that too. Now that I'm basically done with school, I'm trying to learn some new skills I could use to put towards creating interactive apps such as games and websites. One project I am working on though is a UE4 action-adventure game with some current and former students at my university. It's kinda 2 projects in one where one is the game itself and the other is a framework plugin for UE4 meant for other devs to use who also want to craft AAA-style games in UE4. I'm one of only three programmers on the project as of now, and as of now, I'm working on refactoring some of the codebase, basically making everything neater, a lot of backend stuff that would not be visible in game. But something I did make were a couple demo puzzles when I was coming on-board the project just to get myself more familiar with UE4 and the framework.

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I would, but Woolie told me to shut the fuck up about it.

f30.gif

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see something the rest of you have put some time or effort into. Something your proud of or something your too unsure about to post anywhere else just yet. Think of this as a nice safe place to just sort of test your creations out amongst a community you already know.
If you are looking for Era created content we have a creative writing contest every 2 weeks (the current one just ended and a new one will start soon)

this last entry got 6 stories posted

you usually get 5-15 stories posted in any given challenge.
and yes I have something posted in that thread (which actually shows off other stuff created by ERA users due to the them of the challenge :P)
people are always free to read the stories and vote on their favorites even if they don't write one themselves.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I make educational English as a Second Language videos. Been doing it since 2009 and it's been a lot of fun, a lot of work, and has had some hiccups along the way. I think I'm a better presenter/YouTuber today than I was ten years ago, but still have a lot of room for improvement.

And hey, if you haven't signed up for Audible, get your first audio book for free and help me out by signing up through this link. I recommend The Lord of the Rings read by Rob Inglis as your first one. It's awesome. :)

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
If it's one of the few cases where that remains the best advice while working on something... I look forward to seeing it once it's too late for someone to cease & desist you.
I'm not too worried about it. It's a remaster of some old DOS games. The IP holder still exists even though they haven't put out anything in years. Just gonna play it safe though.

Edit: On it being a remaster, that's not to say there isn't original content.

Last edited:

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
I make tutorial videos to try and help beginners understand and enjoy fighting games. They don't get a ton of attention, but they're fun to make, and it really makes my day when somebody leaves a nice comment about a video helping them out.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I tried. Like two people responded to the thread.

May I share my short film here, now?

Edit: Ah screw it. Here it is again:

SYNOPSIS: Just let the movies be the movies... Unable to reconcile the realities of film-making with the warped fantasy created in his head, an obsessed fan suffers through a psychotic episode.

csbsbposterxdknv.jpg

Last edited:

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lML9DOr_d.jpg

It's simple, poorly realized, and took all of five minutes to come together once I actually sat down and started on it; but I really enjoyed making it and thought it came out good enough to toss out there into the void.

I like it.

Is music allowed?

I'm in a noise band, but that'd be boring to share.

Instead, I'll share my ham-fisted attempt at electronic music.

Here it all is.

More specifically:

Not shared it 'publicly' before. Completely out of my comfort zone. Made on my phone on my way to and from work.

Don't judge me too harshly; I have no idea what I'm doing. The one friend I showed it to said the mixing was terrible, but I have no idea where to begin to fix it.

Last edited:

nevercomehome

Oct 25, 2017
I've been working on a comic for over a year now. Usually, i'll get discouraged when things don't go the way I plan but i've re-booted, re-tooled, abandoned, and restarted this project without feeling like i've wasted my time. I feel like that has to mean something. And if nothing ever comes of this then i'm learning more about using the tools of my field.

OP
OP
TheCthultist

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I make educational English as a Second Language videos. Been doing it since 2009 and it's been a lot of fun, a lot of work, and has had some hiccups along the way. I think I'm a better presenter/YouTuber today than I was ten years ago, but still have a lot of room for improvement.

And hey, if you haven't signed up for Audible, get your first audio book for free and help me out by signing up through this link. I recommend The Lord of the Rings read by Rob Inglis as your first one. It's awesome. :)

Oh that's awesome! I've been wanting to start doing history videos that I could work into lessons for a while now, but I've never actually gotten around to doing it... might finally be time to get started on that.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
I like it.

Is music allowed?

Here it all is.

More specifically:

Not shared it 'publicly' before. Completely out of my comfort zone. Made on my phone on my way to and from work.

Don't judge me too harshly; I have no idea what I'm doing. The one friend I showed it to said the mixing was terrible, but I have no idea where to begin to fix it.

This is genius work. I love it. Your friend might be right, but he's wrong.

Maybe, just maybe, we work together at some point in the future? I've got lots of projects coming up, and they might need this kind of music

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Great thread idea!

I wrote, edited and provided the voice acting (apart from Teela, played by my wife) in this 2 minute He-Man parody.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I shall write the greatest Sonic x Shrek fan-fiction the world has ever seen.

Thank you OP, for allowing me to unleash my demons upon the world.

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
I like to do amateur video editing from time to time. The first thing I ever did was a fake Nine Inch Nails promo in high school... filmed on DVHS and edited together in-camera. Unfortunately, I have no idea what happened to that tape, and I never digitized it for the modern age. :(

So instead I'll (re)-share my most recent silly thing; a Mulholland Drive / Wham! mashup based on a friend's Twitter thread where he matched still images to the lyrics. I took it a step further and made it into a music video. I wouldn't call the video super spoilery... a film like MD is all about the journey... but umm.. yeah. Here it is.

Thanks for watching, Era. This thread is the bee's kneecaps.

edit: this was 1.5 passes. Meaning, I threw it together in one pass, then kinda sorta tightened up what I could in a half-assed pass before throwing it up on Vimeo. With some effort, I could have made it a whole lot... cleaner.

Last edited:

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Honestly, the reason I don't really share my art that much is because the state of the industry and delivery mechanisms for music nowadays is completely fucked and I don't see much value in dumping hundreds of tracks on Soundcloud for the sake of it. That said, I have quite a bit of music I've produced out there. It's mostly electronic and hip-hop stuff; my official releases can be found on streaming services under the name College Hill and I've also been working on trap production. A beat tape from last year:

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is genius work. I love it. Your friend might be right, but he's wrong.

Maybe, just maybe, we work together at some point in the future? I've got lots of projects coming up, and they might need this kind of music

Wow. Really?

I was a bit nervous putting it up, so - seriously - thank you.

Hit me up. I'm well up for collaborating.

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nah, man. I hear what you're saying, but no one will ever give a shit about anything I create. That's true for most of us. It's necessary for creative people to find a way not to require an audience, because they're most likely never getting one— all the more likely as our population grows and as available free distractions increase in number. The only potential audience you invite when you share creative works is the audience that wants to tear you down.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I create all sorts of things, but drawing is my main thing.
Here's a piece I did for an exhibition at the Barbican centre in London.

OP
OP
TheCthultist

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I'm in a metal band and I made a song about the revenge of Frankenstein's monster. \m/

Oh that is badass. I was in a power metal band back in the day, but we were awful and basically just played for a few friends in the neighborhood rather than ever striving for anything bigger. It was a ton of fun though and I'd give anything to have the rest of the members back.

Nah, man. I hear what you're saying, but no one will ever give a shit about anything I create. That's true for most of us. It's necessary for creative people to find a way not to require an audience, because they're most likely never getting one— all the more likely as our population grows and as available free distractions increase in number. The only potential audience you invite when you share creative works is the audience that wants to tear you down.
I get where you're coming from, but it's blatantly not true. Sure, you may have to go through some effort to find an audience for your particular thing (I've had my work that rejected and/or torn apart in the past which I'm sure is where some of my problem stems from). The truth of the matter is that you'll legitimately never know until you try.

Hell, you've got a built in audience right here I can practically guarantee you isn't going to rip on whatever you make. The whole point of this thread is to give people a spot where they feel safe coming out of their shell about what they've made; even if it's just between the few of us in here currently.

bill crystals

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please, continue sharing your arts!

Here's a song/video I made recently with my gortar

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
I like it.

Is music allowed?

Here it all is.

More specifically:

I think you have a knack for this stuff because these songs a pretty damn good! In fact, I'm gonna follow you on Soundcloud. Cheers!

Really professionally produced all around. Great job!
Thanks! It was a ton of fun to do. :)

Oh that is badass. I was in a power metal band back in the day, but we were awful and basically just played for a few friends in the neighborhood rather than ever striving for anything bigger. It was a ton of fun though and I'd give anything to have the rest of the members back.
Thanks! Do you have anything recorded from your old band? I'd be interested in listening if so.

OP
OP
TheCthultist

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I think you have a knack for this stuff because these songs a pretty damn good! In fact, I'm gonna follow you on Soundcloud. Cheers!

Thanks! It was a ton of fun to do. :)

Thanks! Do you have anything recorded from your old band? I'd be interested in listening if so.
Unfortunately I've pretty much lost contact with the other members, including the one whose camcorder and pc we used to use to record with. I'll see if he ever threw any of it up on youtube though.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
I make stuff! Here's an example:

I like it.

Is music allowed?

Here it all is.

More specifically:

Yo! These are rad! Carpenter Core I, in particular, is awesome!

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yo! These are rad! Carpenter Core I, in particular, is awesome!

Ah, that's awesome. Thank you. :)

I tried. Like two people responded to the thread.

May I share my short film here, now?

Edit: Ah screw it. Here it is again:

SYNOPSIS: Just let the movies be the movies... Unable to reconcile the realities of film-making with the warped fantasy created in his head, an obsessed fan suffers through a psychotic episode.

csbsbposterxdknv.jpg

That's bloody barmy. Love it.

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
I created a child with my wife. We let other people watch him sometimes.

Does that count?

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland

Here you go, OP. These were my first paintings with oil colours, done over a year ago.

I should get back to it but life/work/priorities... maybe in 2020.

Maybe of note: I am in no way trained in the arts and have a science background (chemistry).

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
The first part is true. But no, you don't have to share it. In fact, when thinking of sharing, you might make stuff more with others in mind.