Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
Played the first three levels , it's fun. But I was wondering how to flip the screen and how to play it backward i.e end to start of a level? At E3 2017 treehouse I saw them doing that.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Listen again, Neiteio.

The music literally starts repeating itself in the fourth level, which reutilizes the first level theme already. Second level also uses a variation of it. And if you are telling me that you really like what sounds in the third one, I'm sorry but I simply can't believe you.

Why does it sound like an asthmatic donkey?

The soundtrack of this game is so bad it isn't funny. It's not that the music isn't memorable, it is just unpleasant. The instruments are strident and the compositions are so short that they start repeating the cicle pretty early (and levels are long).

Can't understand how they keep hiring this composer for Yoshi games after Yoshi's New Island. I miss Tomoya Tomita a lot.

How far we've come

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I need to play the game more before the music fills me with seething unbridled hatred, lol. I just find it pleasantly inoffensive so far. And I quite like the music in the second course, even if it's a variation on the main motif.

This game just makes me happy. It's comfort food.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does the resolution still suck?
Why caring so much about the resolution ? It's just numbers, yes it's low, but it looks really good, UE4 has a really good AA and it's a locked 60 FPS.
I played up to the third level, the first two in portable mode and the third one on my 4K OLED TV, it looked really nice and the resolution is absolutely not a problem if you ignore the numbers.

The music in some levels reminds me of Ilo Milo's music style, it's weird but I kinda like it.

Last edited:

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
What is everyone's favorite Yoshi color? This orange Yoshi makes me thirsty for orange pop, and I don't even drink orange pop. :-3

Also gosh darn it, they're so fuzzy-looking, I wuv it, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Last edited:

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Listen again, Neiteio.

The music literally starts repeating itself in the fourth level, which reutilizes the first level theme already. Second level also uses a variation of it. And if you are telling me that you really like what sounds in the third one, I'm sorry but I simply can't believe you.

Why does it sound like an asthmatic donkey?

The soundtrack of this game is so bad it isn't funny. It's not that the music isn't memorable, it is just unpleasant. The instruments are strident and the compositions are so short that they start repeating the cicle pretty early (and levels are long).

I miss Tomoya Tomita a lot.

Yikes, this music is awful. I don't know if I can buy this at full price. Wooly World's soundtrack was so good, too. That's a shame.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay in the first few levels has been pretty good but I cannot believe how just super awful the music is.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I just listened to that Egyptian-sounding fortress song and it's... fine? Sounds like Banjo-Kazooie.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I would rather talk about how cute this game is, but I tolerate the music complaints because who knows, it might lead to a DAVID WISE MUSIC PATCH, BABY!

But really this game is so cute, did you see the crab buckets in the second course? :-)

Also it's maddening trying to find the last two smiley flowers in the fourth course, the one with Poochy and the tape pathways.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Purple Yoshi by far cos it's the best colour
Speaking of purple, there's this costume in the second world — maybe it's based on a cupcake — but basically it's filled with that shimmering purple gelatin that forms the "water" in the pirate harbor level. I love the look of that gel, lol.

I think it's so cool that, in theory, with enough arts and crafts, you could recreate dioramas of these levels in real life. Wonder if someone will be crazy enough to try this, lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Will be a contender for my GOTY so far. Love the background/foreground exploration, which makes combing through a level for red coins and smiley flowers the challenge. It sort of feels like what an action-based Where's Waldo game should ideally be.

The art direction is fantastic. This, combined with the music, makes the game a lovely, immersive experience.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Quick clarification on amiibo. Bowser Jr. just gives you an amiibo box, NOT the Bowser costume...which is weird considering Bowser Jr. is in the game but not Bowser.

............at least, I hope not after how they tried to shove him into the 3/DS games....

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there is a 5th Small Stripey Fish on the flip side of Many Fish in the Sea.... I've been back and forth twice now 😂

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why caring so much about the resolution ? It's just numbers, yes it's low, but it looks really good, UE4 has a really good AA and it's a locked 60 FPS.
I played up to the third level, the first two in portable mode and the third one on my 4K OLED TV, it looked really nice and the resolution is absolutely not a problem if you ignore the numbers.

The music in some levels reminds me of Ilo Milo's music style, it's weird but I kinda like it.

What looks good to some doesn't look good to others. If you have poor eyesight, I can see how low resolutions can seriously distract from gaming.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Dissapointed reading that the music on this game is on the bad/average side. Woolly World's soundtrack was awesome. Massive step up after the disastrous soundtrack on Yoshi's New Island. I didn't even bothered on finishing that game cuz I couldn't stand the awful music. I know it is part of the aesthetic but even with that, you have to make an effort dammit!

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I like these NPCs on the world map that you give the flowers to open new levels. Something about their hand-drawn face and animation reminds me of the stop-motion-animated Rudolph movie, lol. It's also clever how they interface with the gears to open up each section of the map like a pop-up storybook.

kraftdinner

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2019
Jesus Christ, I've just listened to the OST and it's fucking awful. Absolutely disgusting. Coming from Whooly's World, this is a huuuuge letdown. I think it's actually worse than Yoshi's New Island. The game still looked quite good though. I think my girlfriend will love it but even her will most likely give me a comment or two regarding this trash OST.

Last edited:

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Dissapointed reading that the music on this game is on the bad/average side. Woolly World's soundtrack was awesome. Massive step up after the disastrous soundtrack on Yoshi's New Island. I didn't even bothered on finishing that game cuz I couldn't stand the awful music. I know it is part of the aesthetic but even with that, you have to make an effort dammit!

I think the worst part of it is the lack of energy as someone said, like you're riding a train and have to make quick jumps to grab coins and the music is still giving off this slow-paced vibe. To be honest I played Kirby's Epic Yarn recently and it was almost as bad, and noticeable since Kirby always has super energetic tunes, but either way Woolly World just did it better.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I like these NPCs on the world map that you give the flowers to open new levels. Something about their hand-drawn face and animation reminds me of the stop-motion-animated Rudolph movie, lol. It's also clever how they interface with the gears to open up each section of the map like a pop-up storybook.
It makes collecting them feel more meaningful compared to "get all of them in each level to unlock another level", which I never minded, but at the same time, it just felt like collecting for the sake of collecting.

Meanwhile, already stumped on the 2nd level & trying to find that last red coin.

Vibed

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really like how Crafted World is mechanically similar to Yoshi's Story much like Wooly World was to Yoshi's Island. Wooly World has a generally quicker pace, aiming eggs is on an arc rail so you can freely run around while doing so, and you can spit enemies back out. Crafted World has 2D gameplay but the ability to choose different paths in 3D, aiming eggs is free control but stops you in place on the ground, and you automatically turn enemies into eggs. And obviously, the two share a very similar art style. Love the parallels, especially because I'm one of the few fans of Yoshi's Story.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I really like how Crafted World is mechanically similar to Yoshi's Story much like Wooly World was to Yoshi's Island. Wooly World has a generally quicker pace, aiming eggs is on an arc rail so you can freely run around while doing so, and you can spit enemies back out. Crafted World has 2D gameplay but the ability to choose different paths in 3D, aiming eggs is free control but stops you in place on the ground, and you automatically turn enemies into eggs. And obviously, the two share a very similar art style. Love the parallels, especially because I'm one of the few fans of Yoshi's Story.
Yep, Yoshi's Story was my favorite Yoshi game, prior to Crafted World. So I'm geeked that Crafted World is like a spiritual successor to it in many ways. The main difference is that you're not looping through a level looking for fruit, but there are many parallels with respect to the 2.5D pathways, the arts-and-crafts aesthetic and the overall vibe.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
o god I just started whistling the Accursed Melody while making a cup of tea. GET OUT OF MY HEAD DEVIL MUSIC

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
"sorry, did you not complete the timed cloud thing in time? START THE ENTIRE STAGE OVER."

...................................*SIGH*

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
I think the worst part of it is the lack of energy as someone said, like you're riding a train and have to make quick jumps to grab coins and the music is still giving off this slow-paced vibe. To be honest I played Kirby's Epic Yarn recently and it was almost as bad, and noticeable since Kirby always has super energetic tunes, but either way Woolly World just did it better.
Yess I hate that so much. The music being all boring and slow while the sequence you playing is fast paced. Epic Yarn at least had a way better soundtrack but yeah. Too bad with Crafted World don't having a good soundtrack : /

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Pro-tip: they kept the thing where if you ground pound near an egg plant, it'll instantly shoot out the max amount of eggs you're allowed to take.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Quick clarification on amiibo. Bowser Jr. just gives you an amiibo box, NOT the Bowser costume...which is weird considering Bowser Jr. is in the game but not Bowser.

............at least, I hope not after how they tried to shove him into the 3/DS games....

Bowser Jr. isn't in the game though. Baby Bowser is, and he's just Bowser but younger, so the amiibo are accurate. #DeepMarioLore