• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
No, that's what the X from the Xenogears box art looks like:

220px-Xenogears_box.jpg

Would be wild if Nintendo somehow managed to get SQEX on board for a Xenogears remaster/remake, or Bamco for Xenosaga.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
No, that's what the X from the Xenogears box art looks like:

220px-Xenogears_box.jpg
The red X was also used for the teaser of Xenoblade X until they properly named the game.

Probably the new logo for the franchise but still, for most Nintendo fans the X will probably will be more associsted with the X trailer.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so ready to be disapointed because I want some clues in Future Connected for a Xenoblade X port/sequel and the most I'm gonna get are some potato joke as an easter egg

That's also XenoX first logo (but yeah it means nothing)
Oh yeah, just took a look at the reveal:

eFWrwtX.png

They used the blue future-y X after that didn't they though?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Listening to GameXplain for handheld when Derrick says he basically doesn't care for playing in handheld

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, what I don't like at all is that they got rid of the the big arrow on screen that pointed in the general direction of the next destination and instead put a dotted line on the minimap that leads you to your destination. It makes me take my eyes off the screen, where I would look for landmarks and possible ways to reach my destination on my own, and instead glues my eyes to the minimap and the dotted line. :/

shadow2810

Oct 25, 2017
Is the game English voiced only? Played the original twice in English but now I want to try something different.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Gamexplain reports that the handheld mode performance is similar to XC2 which means I will pass on it. I played the game already as well but it's a pity because it would have been a good excuse to revisit the game.
That's not what they say though? They said the opening cinematic was rough but then it looked pretty good during exploration and combat.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
I've never played this series but I'm kinda interested after seeing the main trailer last week plus it's always had good word of mouth on the old site and here.

Does this game also have the mechs for environmental exploration? Or is that just in XC2?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.eurogamer.net

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition feels like the Xenoblade formula perfected

When I think back about what makes a great video game, I tend to think of places before anything else. Halo's ringworld…

What I will say is that exploring Xenoblade Chronicles' landscapes on Switch has offered the same thrill of discovery as in Breath of the Wild, that same sense of spotting some beguiling rock formation in the far distance and trekking out that way to discover what secrets it holds.

And now I'm idly thinking of what wonders could be done with a Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition...
😭

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Okay, what I don't like at all is that they got rid of the the big arrow on screen that pointed in the general direction of the next destination and instead put a dotted line on the minimap that leads you to your destination. It makes me take my eyes off the screen, where I would look for landmarks and possible ways to reach my destination on my own, and instead glues my eyes to the minimap and the dotted line. :/
You don't use any of the 2 really.
Played the whole game without these horrible features and it was for the best : D.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You don't use any of the 2 really.
Played the whole game without these horrible features and it was for the best : D.

Wait, how did you find where to go without arrow and minimap?

Edit:
Oh, right, there was a quest icon in the distance. It's some years ago that I last played the game.

David Kjellson

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Does anyone know if this game has a bestiary. I thought the original needed one, and I believe I heard some time that the 3DS version had it.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So happy about the side quests fixed, pretty dang hyped to finally finish this game

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Any preview that talk about that new expert mode, this could revive my interest of the game (i saw it in a video) ?

Panda Andino

Nov 5, 2018
There are 2 new modes that previews can't talk. One is Challange mode but the other we don't know, what can we expect?

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Wait, how did you find where to go without arrow and minimap?

Edit:
Oh, right, there was a quest icon in the distance. It's some years ago that I last played the game.
It's not like you have a choice lol. its often A to B.
It's easy.
For NPC I learned their life and knew placements of a lot. That wasn't easy.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Only watched Game Xplain so far and it's basically what I expected.

I thought Shulk sounded a touch deeper in the snippets we'd heard before, so I'm not susprised to hear his voice is different.

I also said it seemed like Melia was the MC of FC, and based on what the boys said in that video it appears to be the case.

It all sounds good, essentially XC polished to a sheen with some good QoL improvements brought over from X and 2.

Doesn't really sound like FC is going to have the same meaty story Torna had - though many of us didn't expect it. Interested to see where it leads.

There are 2 new modes that previews can't talk. One is Challange mode but the other we don't know, what can we expect?

Best boy is on his way.

"I like your attitude!" ;)

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So like, how did they "fix" sidequests? What was broken in past versions?

< will be playing game for the first time

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any previews of someone who actually NEVER played Xenoblade Chronicles? It's like all these previews see people who already played the original