• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Oh yeah, just took a look at the reveal:

eFWrwtX.png

They used the blue future-y X after that didn't they though?
They've used it a bunch now, it's basically just the sign that it's a Xeno game.

Love everything I'm reading and seeing, can't wait.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure there are new enemies (bosses at the minimum obviously) but he's already explored the vast majority of the area outside of some story-locked areas. The shoulder itself is populated with enemies from the rest of the game.

I'm not complaining on my end- it still sounds good. But I think people who haven't watched the preview are getting the wrong idea about Future Connected.
It's always possible enemies change based on story progress, or it's possible nothing changes. I don't want anything from FC spoiled so I'm going to find out myself when it releases, but I don't mind if the enemies are the same.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure Torna actually had any new enemies tbh?(I can't remember if the Gargoyles were in Chapter 10)

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
It's important to note that four hours in, they had seen almost all of the shoulder. They said in the video it could be anywhere between 10 and 20 I think, unless I misheard.

Essentially 20 was the top end and not necessarily expected given the tone of the conversation.
Torna was longer (but was also a 40USD srp stand alone game)
That's not what they said. At 4 hours in he had already explored the vast majority of the shoulder. They expected more like 10-15 hours. 20 hours was absolute high end.

Also he had stated he hadn't seen any new enemies- everything had been transplanted from other parts of the game and the combat system was largely the same. They made it clear several times Future Connected was much more like a traditional DLC compared to Torna's full expansion.

People expecting a Torna-like experience in Future Connected are likely to be disappointed.

Thanks for the clarifications. 10-15 hours are however totally fine, indeed, if we consider that this epilogue is bundled with the full game.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
that yellow-ish new Switch model screen!
Uh, right. No, but thinking how many people thought the switch screen looks creat, no wonder that many ofthen think that games look "as good" on that screen, when their main screen obviously dont look that great to begin with. The switch screen is ... fine. a bit faint and sometimes lacking in contrast.
(Comparison: Lg g6 smartphone, Dell XPS 13 screen and an LG 600 4k monitor, (330€) so nothing high end)

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the clarifications. 10-15 hours are however totally fine, indeed, if we consider that this epilogue is bundled with the full game.

note that they said "shoulder", but we have also seen a floating city
it's not clear if it is explorable (would be a first, for the Xeno series to not be able to get there), if GameXplain was able to get there, how big it could be...

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
That red "X" is certainly intriguing.

It looks a lot like Xenoblade X's original logo as seen around the 1 minute mark in the trailer below.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Just watched the Gamexplain one, I love all the QoL improvements.

Which other reviewer has played the original?

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
About to start watching the previews. Handheld looks pretty good in the video on the first page, though it's a bit hard to tell how good it'll look in person.

Any word on resolution in either mode yet?

rAndom

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems the handheld mode looks pretty good. I primarily play in handheld mode these days so I am glad to hear that.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The NWR Future Connected video says there are several towns on the shoulder but I imagine "towns" is used quite loosely there.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
WAIT A MiNUTE WTF!!!???

Just saw this and don't want to touch the other spoilers, but

This looks like a direct hint at an X connection, they couldn't be more explicit.

Or maybe it's just a branding thing going forward, as mentioned above?

Anyways I need to know, launch can't come soon enough.

Oct 25, 2017
Not that the previewers have had the chance to really push this to the limit, but I'm curious about whether anything has been done with inventory/collectible slots. I thought the collectibles system in the original version was, frankly, outright bad, overloading you with a mountain of indistinguishable junk that you might need to tick a box or complete a quest—and that was before I hit the wall where it became apparent that your inventory can't actually hold it all indefinitely, so you are compelled to sell off some of it at some point to stay under the cap.

I was relieved to see this addressed in later games, in that you could just dump the excess in your inventory and forget about it (as far as I recall). It was still a mountain of junk in XC2, but at least there was more context for it, and you could shove it out of the way so it was never in your face as a series of menus you couldn't avoid micromanaging.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Not that the previewers have had the chance to really push this to the limit, but I'm curious about whether anything has been done with inventory/collectible slots. I thought the collectibles system in the original version was, frankly, outright bad, overloading you with a mountain of indistinguishable junk that you might need to tick a box or complete a quest—and that was before I hit the wall where it became apparent that your inventory can't actually hold it all indefinitely, so you are compelled to sell off some of it at some point to stay under the cap.

I was relieved to see this addressed in later games, in that you could just dump the excess in your inventory and forget about it (as far as I recall). It was still a mountain of junk in XC2, but at least there was more context for it, and you could shove it out of the way so it was never in your face as a series of menus you couldn't avoid micromanaging.
Damn I forgot there's no unlimited storage...

RogersBase

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Dropped by the thread regarding the voice over news too but I just wanted to say thanks again for sharing my preview!

I can't wait to cuddle up on my couch and do nothing but play Xenoblade for a month.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Dropped by the thread regarding the voice over news too but I just wanted to say thanks again for sharing my preview!

I can't wait to cuddle up on my couch and do nothing but play Xenoblade for a month.
How could you mix up between Australian and British voice acting? :P

Great video by the way!

RogersBase

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
How could you mix up between Australian and British voice acting? :P

Great video by the way!
Thanks!

Also, I'm actually glad you brought that up!

Basically, I did a review video for Xenoblade 2 a couple years back where I said that I thought Rex was Australian and EVERYONE corrected me in the comments section and some said I must be thinking of Xenoblade 1. Jump cut to 2020 and it turns out that was NEVER the case and for some reason I misremembered all the voices, lol

Metakilt

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
Does anyone know if you can still choose your level like in xc2? Haven't found a preview that said about the levels.

Ozzie

One Winged Slayer
Jan 12, 2018
Thanks!

Also, I'm actually glad you brought that up!

Basically, I did a review video for Xenoblade 2 a couple years back where I said that I thought Rex was Australian and EVERYONE corrected me in the comments section and some said I must be thinking of Xenoblade 1. Jump cut to 2020 and it turns out that was NEVER the case and for some reason I misremembered all the voices, lol
Ohh that makes sense. Funny enough, in Xenoblade 2, specifically the Uraya Titan, all the people there have Australian accents.

Deleted member 32106

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
5 songs comparison
I'm glad they included both versions because some songs are even went on different directions. It's like new song than just orchestrate.