TheDoldrums

Nov 10, 2017
Yeah, as beautiful as I think that trailer is and as hyped as I still am for Xenoblade 3, we haven't yet seen an area that is really mind-blowing in the way that specific Xenoblade areas can be.

Hopefully we will see something soon on the level of Satorl Marsh, Sylvalum, and Uraya.

I'm playing through XC1 for the first time right now (already beaten 2/Torna) and when Satorl Marsh turned to night...honestly one of my more memorable gaming moments in recent memory. What appeared to be just a generic swamp magically transformed into an Urayan-esque paradise. I just had to take a beat and appreciate what I was seeing and hearing.

I kinda hope any environments like that are kept under wraps so we can experience them fresh. I don't have the willpower to resist trailers.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Half of the zone ambience is the music, so I'm not judging anything based solely on visuals in a trailer.

If we get something even half as good as Valak Mountain at night I'll be a happy camper.

Soltis

Feb 28, 2019
United States
I'm playing through XC1 for the first time right now (already beaten 2/Torna) and when Satorl Marsh turned to night...honestly one of my more memorable gaming moments in recent memory. What appeared to be just a generic swamp magically transformed into an Urayan-esque paradise. I just had to take a beat and appreciate what I was seeing and hearing.

I kinda hope any environments like that are kept under wraps so we can experience them fresh. I don't have the willpower to resist trailers.

Fair point! Having that moment of transformation in Satorl without know it's going to happen ahead of time is definitely magical.

Half of the zone ambience is the music, so I'm not judging anything based solely on visuals in a trailer.

If we get something even half as good as Valak Mountain at night I'll be a happy camper.

Another great zone that for some reason I tend to forget about a lot.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Valak Mountain at night is so underrated. Satorl Marsh is obviously the highlight, but the musical swells in Valak Mountain sound beautiful as well. You really feel the isolation when you're finding those secret passages in the mountain peaks.