Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
OT is looking clean

The stellar reviews have me re-ordering my backlog priorities, gonna try and tear through XC 1 and 2 over the next 12 months…and hopefully hop into 3 by the time the big expansion drops.

I enjoyed what I played of 1 back on Wii but got sidetracked, and I've been apprehensive of 2 for all the reasons everyone else is. Just never got around to the series since

Hearing that 3 moves away from all that is encouraging, as are the performance improvements. Gonna lurk in here and keep up on what everyone thinks until I catch up!

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the FOMO is hitting but I haven't played (despite owning) Chronicles 1/Definitive or Torna.

A lot of game to get through if I want to do this.

SpookyTango

Mar 1, 2020
I know sometimes games don't drop at 12am EST on e-shop do we know if this is?

Yes, Nintendo published retail stuff always releases at 12 AM EST Friday. Sometimes it does takes an extra 5 to 10 minutes for the game to unlock on the home menu for some reason, just don't panic if it's not immediately available on the dot.

aCid

Aug 18, 2018
Canada
Can anyone comment if the expansion pass is worth it for a newcomer to the series? I know it's highly subjective but still, I guess I'm wondering what the word on the street is on people getting that right away.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone comment if the expansion pass is worth it for a newcomer to the series? I know it's highly subjective but still, I guess I'm wondering what the word on the street is on people getting that right away.

Right away? Probably no need. Looks like it's just a few cosmetics and some in-game currency. The real value stuff doesn't come untl the end of the year and especially next year.

It will almost certainly be well worth it in the long run given they are promising simlar support as they did with XB2 but no need to buy the expansion pass today.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017

Nah, not until the big story expansion (which *may* get a physical release of its own, if Torna is anything to go by).

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's midnight in Europe. Can I play the digital version now?

Jun 1, 2021
Ah lucky! Another 50 mins for me in the UK then a quick go before bed. Getting too old to be doing midnight launches.. I say staying up till 4am probably.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hm not yet working for me in Switzerland, anyone else having problems?

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
IT SHIPPPED

deku-headbang.gif

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful! Definitely keeping taps on this OT, the one for Xeno2 was great for combat tips!

Tomorrow is going to one long morning at work.

Altezein

User requested ban - Corrupted by Vengeance
Banned
Mar 21, 2021
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Got the game, reviews made it sound like a stellar JRPG so I can't say no. So far I'm having a blast, but maybe I'm rushing a bit? I'm 8hs in and just started Chapter 3. Maybe because these 2 chapter were pretty straightforward, seems like the game is beginning to open up a lot in systems/sidequests, etc.

Altairre

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna lie, I kind of don't know what I'm doing during chain attacks. So far it has killed the things I wanted to kill but I'm probably not getting the most out of it.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
lmao Amazon delivering tomorrow by 10 PM. And I never saw a single retailer have this available for pick-up.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
wait thats crazy no loading? or was the loading cut
I'm pretty sure there is loading considering it has to load a new room and then load you back into the world but I haven't booted up a Training Drill in a while.

The feature is fantastic btw really wish XC2 had it cause it really needed it
I cut like 10 frames out of that gif of the fading to black transition, the video itself is from Nintendo's page. No idea if they cut out more loading.

Amazing OT! Well done, you guys!

Quick note: The part near the top doesn't look good on phones:

n9ohjyY.jpg
Thanks, I assemble these for desktop, as long as Dice doesn't mind that her credit is a bit chaotic on phones, I'd leave it because it looks as intended on desktop :D

I know XC1/2/X aren't necessary to enjoy this, but is there a video or something that summarizes them enough to prep us for this game?
There's an excellent video from NWR for exactly this linked in the OP :)

Thanks for all the positive reactions to the OP! I enjoy working with Moon on these (gosh, over the years too).

This is all else I got. See y'all on the flip side (I'm killing time today lol)
8gxppvfip6i11.jpg
Our 10 years are almost up and it's time for our Homecoming and we'll give ourselves to the Flame Clock. :*O

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Got the game, reviews made it sound like a stellar JRPG so I can't say no. So far I'm having a blast, but maybe I'm rushing a bit? I'm 8hs in and just started Chapter 3. Maybe because these 2 chapter were pretty straightforward, seems like the game is beginning to open up a lot in systems/sidequests, etc.

I have more hours, I'm not sure if I'm at 3 yet, haven't been paying attention. That said the further you get the more extra mechanics you unlock; might be worth for some people to rush through the start and come back to some stuff later that would be harder otherwise. Unless you're playing Hard then maybe you can't rush too much without getting beat down lol.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Awesome OT. Bravo.

While I was very disappointed with 2, I've become more and more positive from what I've been reading from reviews for 3, so I'm feeling better about it. Grabbing it over the weekend.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Very much looking forward to this game. Been into it since reveal, despite being yet another person that was a bit put off by Xeno 2 (I don't actively hate that game but I definitely determined it wasn't really for me).

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Only took me 5 years but I'm finally on Chapter 10 of XC2. Aiming to finish it before my copy of 3 shows up tomorrow, so hoping this chapter isn't as much of a slog as some of the others.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Despite not having finished any of the Xenoblade games (though I got quite far into 2) I've enjoyed what I've played of them all and I'm actually really looking forward to this one based on what we've seen. Looking forward to jump into this.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Just played for an hour or so before going to bed and it's been an excellent first impression.

It's more Xenoblade, but it looks a lot more polished in pretty much every way. I'll dive in more tomorrow because I've barely made it through the tutorials yet.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Eunie and her English VA are really working for me. Instantly connected with her!

Curious how people set up the game camera when playing Xeno games. I love getting it really close, justified to one side with full view of the character - love the immersion of it all
I play pulled back pretty far because I need to see stuff.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Played around one hour. Feels more polished than the previous games and the story sure seems darker than the two previous games so far.

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks, I assemble these for desktop, as long as @Dice doesn't mind that her credit is a bit chaotic on phones, I'd leave it because it looks as intended on desktop :D
Hmm... if you group it into two combined images on either side of the text rather than eight individual ones, it should look the same while also working a little better on phones. Try this:

sIbQALH.png
~~ Visuals by Dice ~~
sIbQALH.png

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Just quickly checked the image quality in portable because I could not believe the reviews and

Holy shit, they really did it

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, XC2 has been my favorite entry in this entire franchise since the original Xenogears. So with that, I'm sad at all the enthusiasm that this game seems to be steering away from it... but regardless, I'm thrilled to have a new entry to start tomorrow.

I just can't relate. Been searching and hoping for a game to be better for me than Gears was since I played it, even trying hard to convince myself at times. I'm never really connected to community sentiments or how things are received though and more just trying to find that level of quality again for myself so I guess I can see it from that perspective.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does this game have swearing in it like XBC2? Not gonna lie, it was kind of refreshing hearing people say "shit" and "arse" and stuff in a NIntendo game.