Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Use your silver nopon coins if you have them, until you get access to areas with more powerful enemies. You should also be visiting every canteen you can so you can learn as many recipes as possible and there are plenty that give you CP boosts.
Part of the problem is unlocking hero classes for party members though...

Troopsy

Jan 18, 2022
Just finished the full game and

OMG POPPI!! And lol Rex. The final boss dragged on for so long but the ending made me feel emotional

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Unfortunately it's a band-aid on a bullet hole. The sheer level of downscaling they do on class progression when enemies are under your level just really hurts combat on a general level, especially since playing well gives you more EXP, lol. It feels like they didn't think it through very well. Hopefully they'll patch it.

Part of the problem is unlocking hero classes for party members though...

Oh yeah I totally forgot about that. I assumed they had a different meter. Yeah I really hope its patched or improved somehow as its just unnecessary.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Use your silver nopon coins if you have them, until you get access to areas with more powerful enemies. You should also be visiting every canteen you can so you can learn as many recipes as possible and there are plenty that give you CP boosts.
True but for example this doesn't fix class unlocking being basically locked if you're underleveled because the bar doesn't progress

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Characters of that type would get a bonus for synergy but you don't need to focus it too hard.

To simplify it I'll ignore the initial 3 options itself and focus just on the roster. The numbers go into the top right, which you're trying to get as high as possible. When it's above 100% the round is over.

Each class type has a perk:

Assault get a 125% multiplier if they're picked first
Healers cap the number at 99%
Defenders bring back the highest TP person next round, if they finish it.

Basically the most generic line of play is start attacker for the bonus, then a healer so you get as close to 100 without going over, finish with a defender to guarantee the highest person comes back which makes it easier to go even higher next round.

100-149% is one person returning, 150-199% is two, 200%+ is three. The returning member is random unless a defender finished.

Now the three orders come into play more. If you pick Noah's, attackers get a bonus (+10), same for the rest. The bonuses are that quick flash of numbers after an attack so it's really hard to even see or break down everything, you get points for a lot of random stuff but it'll add on to the base number. The most important thing to know really is that a healer CANNOT finish a round. Even if you have 3 of them, and are at 99% already, they will all keep it there so you need an attacker, defender, or the hero character to finish. Hero characters don't abide by the same class roles either, a healer Hero won't stop at 99%.

I hope that didn't just make it even more complicated, lol. It's a lot of information overload but the core idea isn't that complicated, it just has a lot going on under the wrapper.

Thanks for the details. But I still don't know what does numbers underneath each characters(35-25-15) means. Is that some percentage that will fill the top bar?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I just unlocked chain attacks yesterday and even with the ingame tips, i have a bit of trouble understanding everything. From what I understood, if I pick one of the 3 options that has a tank icon, i should focus on selecting tank characters after that? But what if a healer has a higher number(35 vs 15 for a tank character for example)? What do those numbers even mean?
Check threadmarks for a written guide.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking vegetables 15 levels below me keep aggroing. Is there not a point at which all enemies stop going after you?

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I just unlocked chain attacks yesterday and even with the ingame tips, i have a bit of trouble understanding everything. From what I understood, if I pick one of the 3 options that has a tank icon, i should focus on selecting tank characters after that? But what if a healer has a higher number(35 vs 15 for a tank character for example)? What do those numbers even mean?

Characters of that type would get a bonus for synergy but you don't need to focus it too hard.

To simplify it I'll ignore the initial 3 options itself and focus just on the roster. The numbers go into the top right, which you're trying to get as high as possible. When it's above 100% the round is over.

Each class type has a perk:

Assault get a 125% multiplier if they're picked first
Healers cap the number at 99%
Defenders bring back the highest TP person next round, if they finish it.

Basically the most generic line of play is start attacker for the bonus, then a healer so you get as close to 100 without going over, finish with a defender to guarantee the highest person comes back which makes it easier to go even higher next round.

100-149% is one person returning, 150-199% is two, 200%+ is three. The returning member is random unless a defender finished.

Now the three orders come into play more. If you pick Noah's, attackers get a bonus (+10), same for the rest. The bonuses are that quick flash of numbers after an attack so it's really hard to even see or break down everything, you get points for a lot of random stuff but it'll add on to the base number. The most important thing to know really is that a healer CANNOT finish a round. Even if you have 3 of them, and are at 99% already, they will all keep it there so you need an attacker, defender, or the hero character to finish. Hero characters don't abide by the same class roles either, a healer Hero won't stop at 99%.

I hope that didn't just make it even more complicated, lol. It's a lot of information overload but the core idea isn't that complicated, it just has a lot going on under the wrapper.
adding to this, like astro just posted, the threadmarks have a written outline of how they work and the video guide is also linked there.

Oct 27, 2017
How exactly do Chain Attacks work when you start them with a level 3 interlink? I thought you were supposed to get an Ouroboros Order and then go into a regular chain attack, but whenever I do it I just get another Ouroboros order, after which the chain ends. I can do way more damage with a regular chain attack.

Trigger an Ouroboros order from a regular chain attack by using orders from both interlink partners. Time it so the second partner goes on the "last" turn so that you get one more for Oroboros. Doing it this way gives you 5 rounds during a chain attack.

Once you execute an Ouroboros order this way the chain attack ends.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah I totally forgot about that. I assumed they had a different meter. Yeah I really hope its patched or improved somehow as its just unnecessary.

For sure. It's one of those little tweaks they could easily make to make the experience more pleasant. I've been dragging one Hero unit around for like four hours and nobody has learned her unique job, which just begs the question of why I'm even fighting enemies at all if I'm not getting any EXP or class progress for it.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
For sure. It's one of those little tweaks they could easily make to make the experience more pleasant. I've been dragging one Hero unit around for like four hours and nobody has learned her unique job, which just begs the question of why I'm even fighting enemies at all if I'm not getting any EXP or class progress for it.
Yeah it happened to me yesterday and I just gave up, it's absurd

toutoune134

Nov 7, 2017
Finished Xenoblade 3

What a beautiful ride, I absolutely loved it. The bittersweet ending hit me hard. It took me a few chapters to like everyone in the main cast but by the end I was fully invested in everyone's stories. Biggest complain is the uneven pacing, especially in the second half, and some shortcomings when it came to the writing of the villains.

But damn it was a pleasure to explore Aionios . Immenses zones with beautiful vista, even if the switch often struggled. After the slight disappointment that was Xenoblade 2 and its much shorter zones, I'm glad to find again the borderless exploration of Xenoblade 1 (it almost felt like Xenoblade X in the most alien zones like Elaice Highway.

Visually it was a step up from the previous games, with more detailled and more animated characters models, better ingame resolution and some absolutely wild cutscenes. At this point I would say that only Botw 2 and another Monster Hunter game could be more impressive. I'm really looking forward to what Monolith will cook for the switch's succesor.

And shootout to Nia for playing Queen and Rex for being a gigachad!

Overall my ranking would be the following : XCX > XC1 >= XC3 > XC2

I hope the future expansion will be about the worlds being reunited for good.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Someone said you could unlock the revive without healer accessory without coins but I still haven't found it anywhere, hopefully I find it soon

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I assume you guys have outlevelled every enemy type available? I'm gonna stick to not using my bonus XP i guess since there's still stuff that's challenging where I'm at...

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished Chapter 5 and started 6. Absolutely bawling my eyes out. This fucking game. Imagine saying the cutscenes are stiff and that there's no character development.

Slathe

Oct 30, 2017
The clas unlock issue is particularly problematic because you do earn some xp and cp for low enemies but not for class unlock? So I've been able to keep leveling my current classes and my characters but still are not unlocking new ones.

It's a really annoying flaw - especially when it is very easy to overlevel just doing a few hero quests.

tjlee2

Oct 27, 2017
I finished ch3 at lvl30 and should have caught all the side content. I've fought all the NM I could find up to lvl31 as well. I made an effort to skip most overworld fighting so that might be the difference.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
While I agree that they should patch the game to either let you unlock classes with Silver Nopon Coins or let you level down before the postgame (or both) I don't think you can truly lock yourself out of unlocking new classes, you just need to explore more.

Like I was way above the story path level earlier in the game, but I was able to go explore around north of Alexandria's colony and found monsters of my level that I could fight. The same thing just happened to me in Chapter 5. I was doing one of the optional hero quests and was 10+ levels above the quest mobs, but just a little bit off of the required path I found plenty of monsters that were even a little bit above my level I could get my unlocks on. Just running down a quick stretch and popping the elites I ran into got my full party to unlock the newest class I had picked up. And particularly targeting elites gets you CP super fast so there isn't even much of a grind.

The areas are huge and there is no shortage of higher-level sections within reach at just about any point in the game.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Today I had amazing fights on Hard, but I'm getting a bit tired of having to run 3 healers to stand a chance because I also like to try other heroes occasionally

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Finished Chapter 5 and started 6. Absolutely bawling my eyes out. This fucking game. Imagine saying the cutscenes are stiff and that there's no character development.

I often consider myself an incredibly cynical/apathetic person when it comes to "emotional" stuff in games, specifically writing and story beats. Very little actually gets to me, but that whole segment nearly destroyed me - I can only think of a few games EVER that've done that. The end of Chapter 5 specifically...

doctor-who-rain.gif

...followed by the twist that kicks off Chapter 6 which I didn't see coming. Takahashi you cruel but clever bastard.

shorodei

Feb 21, 2022
Someone said you could unlock the revive without healer accessory without coins but I still haven't found it anywhere, hopefully I find it soon

Heard it's a UM in the (ch3 spoiler) "waterfall area". I think the one near Colony lambda? I had one in my inventory and I noticed today. The only gravestone I have in the area is "Shimmering Marcko". You need to grind the wires from the spider boss (where riku & manana fused) to get to it.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
I unlocked Flash Fencer and I've been using it on Noah. This shit builds way so much aggro it's practically unusable.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I unlocked Flash Fencer and I've been using it on Noah. This shit builds way so much aggro it's practically unusable.
I've been maining it since I unlocked it and the damage it does is worth it imo
Heard it's a UM in the (ch3 spoiler) "waterfall area". I think the one near Colony lambda? I had one in my inventory and I noticed today. The only gravestone I have in the area is "Shimmering Marcko". You need to grind the wires from the spider boss (where riku & manana fused) to get to it.
Thanks will look into it

Oct 27, 2017

I haven't had that issue at all on normal. Without knowing your party setup, are you playing as Noah or a tank? If you attack the enemy with Noah off the rip you'll pull aggro, obviously. I tend to start battles with a tank for that reason.

Also have two tanks at all times helps. With heroes I often roll 3. Hero tanks seem to do the best job of pulling aggro IMO.

Without doing spoilers you have to wait a little to get a hero tank and even well into chapter 5 I only have two hero tanks.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
Yeah. Unfortunately it's a band-aid on a bullet hole. The sheer level of downscaling they do on class progression when enemies are under your level just really hurts combat on a general level, especially since playing well gives you more EXP, lol. It feels like they didn't think it through very well. Hopefully they'll patch it.
Are you talking about overkill? You should definitely be turning that off in the options menu if so and you want to stop over leveling.

I finished ch3 at lvl30 and should have caught all the side content. I've fought all the NM I could find up to lvl31 as well. I made an effort to skip most overworld fighting so that might be the difference.
Same. I was really worried about getting over leveled, but I run from most mob encounters that I can, and then I tend to run all the more generic side quests that will probably have encounters only once I'm like 5+ levels over the requirement so it doesn't give me much xp. Of course the solution should just be give us the damn option already in the game to lower our level so I could engage more freely without these concerns, but I'm just happy the story can still give me plenty of challenge.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I haven't had that issue at all on normal. Without knowing your party setup, are you playing as Noah or a tank? If you attack the enemy with Noah off the rip you'll pull aggro, obviously. I tend to start battles with a tank for that reason.

Also have two tanks at all times helps. With heroes I often roll 3. Hero tanks seem to do the best job of pulling aggro IMO.

Without doing spoilers you have to wait a little to get a hero tank and even well into chapter 5 I only have two hero tanks.
Even on Hard it isn't a big issue imo, the only difference is you need 3 healers to constantly keep your most targeted characters in top shape at all times

Oct 27, 2017
The clas unlock issue is particularly problematic because you do earn some xp and cp for low enemies but not for class unlock? So I've been able to keep leveling my current classes and my characters but still are not unlocking new ones.

It's a really annoying flaw - especially when it is very easy to overlevel just doing a few hero quests.

While I agree that they should patch the game to either let you unlock classes with Silver Nopon Coins or let you level down before the postgame (or both) I don't think you can truly lock yourself out of unlocking new classes, you just need to explore more.

Like I was way above the story path level earlier in the game, but I was able to go explore around north of Alexandria's colony and found monsters of my level that I could fight. The same thing just happened to me in Chapter 5. I was doing one of the optional hero quests and was 10+ levels above the quest mobs, but just a little bit off of the required path I found plenty of monsters that were even a little bit above my level I could get my unlocks on. Just running down a quick stretch and popping the elites I ran into got my full party to unlock the newest class I had picked up. And particularly targeting elites gets you CP super fast so there isn't even much of a grind.

The areas are huge and there is no shortage of higher-level sections within reach at just about any point in the game.

I've been doing every hero quest I can, with the most recent being the hero from Colony 11, and I'm only level 45 in Chapter 5 after just reaching the City. Most trash mobs are pretty easy and blue elites go down without a problem, but I still have to use all of my tools to take down uniques I run into.

Edit: I'm not running from most fights, but I'm not seeking out trash mobs either. I'll actively avoid big groups of lower leveled trash if I can do so. I'm also not clearing every nook and cranny of the map, but I am chasing down shinies whenever I see them (including the "pick a side" battles).

I agree that the game presents you with a choose your own adventure option for tougher enemies, if you seek them out. Conversely the bonus XP seems like a built-in difficulty modifier. I've never once used it and I think the challenge is just a tad lower than where I'd like it to be.

That being said, the last story boss in Ch. 4 is the first boss to KO me, which tells me the game is starting to push me to use my tools instead of relying on a slight level advantage. I hope it keeps up that way.

Given that I'm 45 where I am, and have what I believe to be all of the heroes I can get so far, I have had zero problems getting enough CP for class unlocks. I'm not needlessly grinding either - I'm mostly moving past trash mobs but engaging blue elites and uniques whenever possible.

I am always rotating classes in my party once they're maxed (lv10). Don't you unlock faster if several party members are set to the class?

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
It happens a lot early on in XB2, some instances are outright infuriating. There's one fight where you beat a guy, he falls over, and then five seconds into the next cutscene he has the upper hand entirely and is kicking your ass.

View: https://youtu.be/ekDAp9aNKCs?t=7430

The game mostly stops doing it after chapter 3, which is early into the game as a whole, but still around 12+ hours in.

I'm playing through 2 for the first time and just finished chapter 6 and this still happens, it's so annoying haha

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It happens a lot early on in XB2, some instances are outright infuriating. There's one fight where you beat a guy, he falls over, and then five seconds into the next cutscene he has the upper hand entirely and is kicking your ass.

View: https://youtu.be/ekDAp9aNKCs?t=7430

The game mostly stops doing it after chapter 3, which is early into the game as a whole, but still around 12+ hours in.

This still happens well into the game in XC3 lol.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I've been doing every hero quest I can, with the most recent being the hero from Colony 11, and I'm only level 45 in Chapter 5 after just reaching the City. Most trash mobs are pretty easy and blue elites go down without a problem, but I still have to use all of my tools to take down uniques I run into.

Edit: I'm not running from most fights, but I'm not seeking out trash mobs either. I'll actively avoid big groups of lower leveled trash if I can do so. I'm also not clearing every nook and cranny of the map, but I am chasing down shinies whenever I see them (including the "pick a side" battles).

I agree that the game presents you with a choose your own adventure option for tougher enemies, if you seek them out. Conversely the bonus XP seems like a built-in difficulty modifier. I've never once used it and I think the challenge is just a tad lower than where I'd like it to be.

That being said, the last story boss in Ch. 4 is the first boss to KO me, which tells me the game is starting to push me to use my tools instead of relying on a slight level advantage. I hope it keeps up that way.

Given that I'm 45 where I am, and have what I believe to be all of the heroes I can get so far, I have had zero problems getting enough CP for class unlocks. I'm not needlessly grinding either - I'm mostly moving past trash mobs but engaging blue elites and uniques whenever possible.

I am always rotating classes in my party once they're maxed (lv10). Don't you unlock faster if several party members are set to the class?
Tbh I haven't been seeking trash mobs and I'm still 48 at the starting portion of chapter 4, the good thing is Hard Mode is still absurdly hard overleveled so it evens out, but I wish it had an option to downlevel :/

May 23, 2020
I'm enjoying the game a lot. I'm on Chapter 6 and damn, it may be my favorite one so far, the party is the best of the 3 games at least for me (I haven't played XCX) and the story is quite engaging

astro

Oct 25, 2017

I've noticed all the early areas have higher level enemies that you can't get past yet, leading to large portions of the map that need to be discovered. For example, in the Forniz reason to the West, there's level 44+ enemies and I'm only 29 currently. Noted it for later when I need to use them to level classes.

I'd imagine this is true for all areas.

Tbh I haven't been seeking trash mobs and I'm still 48 at the starting portion of chapter 4, the good thing is Hard Mode is still absurdly hard overleveled so it evens out, but I wish it had an option to downlevel :/

Have you cleared the above area? You could go there right now if not and harvest those enemies for CP.

It starts from Dies Arch landmark fast travel point.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about how Ashera reminded me of Dunhan and then she literally said "we live in a world of strife" and has a skill called Blossom Dance. Amazing.

astro

Oct 25, 2017

You do, yes. It's always best to set at least two of your types to that class once they've unlocked it to speed up the rest.

Right now I'm running two Fencers for my attakcers and two War Medics, for example.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I've noticed all the early areas have higher level enemies that you can't get past yet, leading to large portions of the map that need to be discovered. For example, in the Forniz reason to the West, there's level 44+ enemies and I'm only 29 currently. Noted it for later when I need to use them to level classes.

I'd imagine this is true for all areas.

Have you cleared the above area? You could go there right now if not and harvest those enemies for CP.

It starts from Dies Arch landmark fast travel point.
Yup, cleared it all already :/

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I just got to chapter 3. I'm really digging this game, I'm impressed with how the combat and the world is expanding. I heard Chapter 3 is the super long one, right?

Also, do I get more classes? My characters have already leveled through a good number of the available ones from the party. Or is there something else they introduce.