Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, this.

People should come to terms with this now, rather than being disappointed later.
I totally get why people who are in the Sony ecosystem only and do not have a gaming PC would be very upset about this. These are huge multi platform games which are no longer coming to their platform of choice.
Imagine if the next GTA suddenly became Sony exclusive. Would we be saying 'well it's better to come to terms with this now'.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
Well the smart thing is to continue to release it on every platform possible, because they will still be making money from it.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
This sounds like it'll just be playing around with the occasional Switch port of more scalable games. Microsoft should really troll and release games on PS5, but only ports of the Switch versions

0ean

Banned
Jan 30, 2019
So Elder Scrolls will not appear on PS5?

That would be a big hit for the PlayStation to take, if it goes exclusive on Xbox.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
A lot of people seem to think Microsoft have spent $7.5billion to troll Sony fanboys rather than for long term profit, which they'll struggle to get without accessing the PlayStation user base sometimes.

So why don't Sony and MS release their big games on each others console? It's more $$$ after all. The fact is these high budget AAA games are designed to move systems. That isn't happening if you put them on your competitors platform.

Drksage

Oct 30, 2017
If that is true then why don't Sony just release Demon's Souls on Xbox as well.
They would make money from Xbox customers.

where's your common sense? How can you compare demon souls to outright buying a company and making games that were previously third party and that were going to come out 100% because they weren't struggling at all.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS could choose not to allow office software for apple devices and yet they do, they could put more effort into forcing those guys to use PC's and yet they do want to have part of that market.

I'm sure MS will be ok to have Xcloud on PS5 and allow PS5 users play their Gamepass service games on it.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
I just went back to some of the other threads about Sony buying exclusivity.

The Sony folk there were mostly saying that that was good business sense. And that not all games need to be on every platform. That this is healthy for the industry. And that PC/Xbox gamers should just get a PS4/PS5 and stop complaining.

I'm sure they still feel the same way now, no?

Nope, they're all gonna lose their minds if XSX/PC only gets confirmed, haha.

But yeah, they should respond the same way but I doubt it severely based on other threads in a similar vein.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
They should not bring Starfield or Fallout 5, the next Doom to Playstation consoles. This would be an excellent way to increase console sales by just keeping it on PC and Xbox. We've been hearing that consoles ownership is a great way to tie users to the ecosystem and make even more money than if they bought it to PS5.

Oct 30, 2017
Feels like games that are in the concept stage now and will be released in 3-5 years will be increasingly unlikely to make it to PlayStation.

Which means grabbing a Series S or equivalent in a few years will make perfect sense for anyone that just has a PS5

Deleted member 51789

Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I totally get why people who are in the Sony ecosystem only and do not have a gaming PC would be very upset about this. These are huge multi platform games which are no longer coming to their platform of choice.
Imagine if the next GTA suddenly became Sony exclusive. Would we be saying 'well it's better to come to terms with this now'.
If Sony had bought Rockstar, then yes? You can not like the move but still accept that it has happened rather than go through all the stages of grief in the slightest hope that your console of choice receives a specific game.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like you can make the same argument for Playstation. What's the difference between a Starfield sale on Steam vs. PS5?

If it wasn't for a lot of Microsoft's messaging about being able to play everywhere and reach everyone I would say there was no chance. Would avoid any negative backlash as well.

The difference is that PC users can obtain a Gamerpass PC service unlike the PS5 users.

Swarming1182

Jan 14, 2018
"Xbox exclusives" always come to PC, and often to Switch if it makes sense per game, anyway. It's only a weapon against Sony if that's the route they take. And you therefore have at least two, sometimes three, options for platforms on which to play those games.

wingkongex

Aug 25, 2019
A lot of people seem to think Microsoft have spent $7.5billion to troll Sony fanboys rather than for long term profit, which they'll struggle to get without accessing the PlayStation user base sometimes.

Xbox + PC + Android (xCloud) + sometimes Switch is more than enough platform coverage. Why would they feel compelled to release on Playstation rather than have the person with only a Playstation buy into their ecosystem?

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Yeah no. I'd rather cut my left testicle than support this in anyway and besides, I said it before in this thread but this business deal doesn't affect me since I'm building a PC. But that doesn't stop me from calling this bullshit and the fanboys revering it
People already in the ecosystem should be thrilled because of the value it adds to the service they are paying for. That's very different from a company just paying for exclusivity to something you were going to pay for in the first place.

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Sony will still try to moneyhat Bethesda games going forward, meeting would be a bit awkward.

SuperYlvis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Elders Scrolls VI was exclusive wouldn't they already confirm that, in order to move more units in November? Or do you think they will hold off to announce it later on for a potentiall bigger splash?

Last edited:

OtterX

Mar 12, 2020
Im expecting better support for Nintendo/Switch than PlayStation. Not sure Microsoft sees Nintendo as a threat like Sony.
Going forward, Id imagine most new, unannounced games/new IPs will be exclusive to the Xbox ecosystem though (Xbox/PC/xCloud).

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
TES6 will be day 1 on PS5, mark my words. There's no chance they will want to stagger or lacerate sales with the potential this game has.

Starfield I can see a year or so delay.

All other big titles (Doom, Fallout, Wolfenstein etc) I can see them phasing out multi-platform releases over the next 5 years but in the short term nothing changes.

As consumers we won't see any impact from this for at least 3 years.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
I could absolutely see Starfield and TESVI being timed exclusives. Like a year or so after they release a GOTY version which comes out on PS5. Or they could be 100% exclusive...who knows. Only time will tell I guess. Maybe it'll depend on the gaming landscape. Those games are so far out.

Gankzymcfly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Lol people think MS spent 7.5 billion on Bethesda for indie games for gamepass? Gunna be some really disappointed people when some of these future AAA titles only make their way to PC, Xbox and Xcloud.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I expect the big franchises to be multiplat, with the smaller ones going Xbox and PC exclusive. So basically, BGS games will remain multiplat, but I could see Starfield being exclusive.

Vince-DiCola

Banned
May 22, 2019
Culloden
where's your common sense? How can you compare demon souls to outright buying a company and making games that were previously third party and that were going to come out 100% because they weren't struggling at all.
If Xbox don't put their IP on Playstation then it's bad business. But Playstation don't sell their games on Xbox.
Why is it any different?
It shouldn't matter if an IP was multiplatform in the past imo

LordBaztion

Oct 27, 2017
Lima Perú
It would be nice if they don't exclude bethesda games from playstation, as long as, those games are day one on gamepass, I don't think they actually need them to be exclusive. However, at some point, the games are going to be fully funded by Microsoft and they may make them exclusive to xbox and pc. Hopefully by that time xcloud is viable for most people to easily play them.

Deleted member 35618

Dec 7, 2017
TES6 will be day 1 on PS5, mark my words. There's no chance they will want to stagger or lacerate sales with the potential this game has.

Starfield I can see a year or so delay.

All other big titles (Doom, Fallout, Wolfenstein etc) I can see them phasing out multi-platform releases over the next 5 years but in the short term nothing changes.

As consumers we won't see any impact from this for at least 3 years.

Who? Microsoft? Bethesda doesn't have the final say anymore.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
I just went back to some of the other threads about Sony buying exclusivity.

The Sony folk there were mostly saying that that was good business sense. And that not all games need to be on every platform. That this is healthy for the industry. And that PC/Xbox gamers should just get a PS4/PS5 and stop complaining.

I'm sure they still feel the same way now, no?

Yes, of course! Of course... Of course.