Status
Not open for further replies.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
There is balance between need of exclusives and choosing where to put your money. SO was a poor seller

It was also launched when perception or mindshare was really low. Now the biggest complaint people have is the lack of exclusives. MS shouldn't be so quick to drop IPs, they need all the unique titles they can get. They need to stick by their partnerships, otherwise it could hurt confidence with the few independent studios out there. They are stupid for not jumping on this.

Patch is not out yet.

I originally thought that too but it looks like it released on the 3rd.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
It was also launched when perception or mindshare was really low. Now the biggest complaint people have is the lack of exclusives. MS shouldn't be so quick to drop IPs, they need all the unique titles they can get. They need to stick by their partnerships, otherwise it could hurt confidence with the few independent studios out there. They are stupid for not jumping on this.

I originally thought that too but it looks like it released on the 3rd.

Is it showing up under Enhanced games? It's not on my Xbox One.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Has Bethesda detailed what support they'll be giving their games for the X? I know that Evil Within, Wolfenstein II and both the Dishonoured games will be getting some kind of enhancements, but have they detailed them anywhere? I can't seem to find any information on where or when the stuff is coming.

Oct 26, 2017
Has Bethesda detailed what support they'll be giving their games for the X? I know that Evil Within, Wolfenstein II and both the Dishonoured games will be getting some kind of enhancements, but have they detailed them anywhere? I can't seem to find any information on where or when the stuff is coming.

If all goes well we'll have Wolfie2 patch before launch of the X. Dishonored 2 is listed under enhanced. Nothing anymore about Evil Within 2. Skyrim and Fallout 4 were among the first games to be announced for a patch and......we have no idea when they drop sadly.

OP
OP
Judge

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Well dang, I regret selling my copy way back.

Again, I really think we should make a thread about the cheapest way to acquire (or re-acquire, in my case) all the enhanced XBX games, both old and new. I imagine a good number of us are going to seek out older titles they had gotten rid of, or double down on games they owned on other platforms.
Guessing you don't have EA Access?

Mirrors Edge, Titanfall 2, Skate 3 are all in there and receiving X enhancements. It's $30/year

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
At least let them know how much you want a SO2 to happen on Xbox.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251647-games/suggestions/32018950-sunset-overdrive-2

I mean it's clear that a lot more gamers are on board with Xbox now compared to then, i believe sales will show that too. They can even put GaaS stuff in it, i really don't see the problem anymore.

Probably won't change any minds, don't expect a sequel, but I'll take any chance I can get to show my love for sunset overdrive and make it heard I'd love to see part 2 one day. Voted.

Oct 26, 2017
Probably won't change any minds, don't expect a sequel, but I'll take any chance I can get to show my love for sunset overdrive and make it heard I'd love to see part 2 one day. Voted.

It's really too bad that they are not willing to give it another shot. I mean look at Crackdown, after the E3 showing...are people really waiting for that game? I can't deny being extremely disappointed with that footage and i doubt a delay will change all that much. It probably won't sell gangbusters, yet they don't give up on it. Recore got a new definitive edition and it wouldn't surprise me if a sequel gets approved. But that's just speculation. But MS needs to take chances and they know how damn talented Insomniac is. Like others have said, when SO releases the install base wasnt nearly as big as it is now and there's definitely a chance a sequel would do a lot better.

It also fits in with their plans to hire independent studios to make a game for them. This is exactly that. Come the fuck on MS, greenlight that SO2 already. :(

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
According to the OP, it was released on the 3rd.

There was a patch on the 3rd, but the file size didn't really change much and it's not showing up under Enhanced Games at all. It could've been a fix for the MP problems while preparing it for the Scorpio assets, but right now it's not in the Enhanced Games menu (at least on my system).

Glenn Gould

Oct 27, 2017
It won't. The official table says in development, which means it is not part of the initial bunch of launch week updates. Penello said they are taking their time to make it great.
Dammit, it's easily my most wanted 4K Xbox game.

Does anybody know if Forza Horizon 3 uses HDR on the Xbox S? I only have the original Xbox which doesn't have HDR so I have no way of testing it but I know the S is HDR compatible.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
There was a patch on the 3rd, but the file size didn't really change much and it's not showing up under Enhanced Games at all. It could've been a fix for the MP problems while preparing it for the Scorpio assets, but right now it's not in the Enhanced Games menu (at least on my system).

Oh well that's good to know. Hopefully we see some nice improvements.

Ebenezer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know there's a "Fall" XCOM 2 update on the way. I'm hoping it has X enhancements but haven't heard anything official.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know what the enhancements are for the following games?

Dead Rising 4
Mafia 3
Homefront

Thanks! Those were my last pick-up's at the Target Buy 2 get 1 Free promotion yesterday and just curious as to what enhancements they will have?

Deleted member 16025

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My S can't see any updates available for Gears 4 or Call of Duty WW2. What gives?

My Gears 4 file is 90GB and I see a lot of posts saying it should be 110 or so. Again, what gives?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
My S can't see any updates available for Gears 4 or Call of Duty WW2. What gives?

Do a hard reset. If they still don't show, do a system reset, but before you do, do a system settings backup and when you go to do the reset choose the "keep my games and apps". It does not take long to do a reset and once you do it pulls any updates. I have done this twice and my enhanced list grew from about 8 to 12 then again from 12-17. For some reason something is borked and they don't all show.

Glenn Gould

Oct 27, 2017
Yes and the HDR use in it is great.

It was the first game to utilise HDR on the S.
Thanks, that's good to know.

As much as improved visuals and increased resolutions adds to a game, for me at least a good HDR implementation is far more transformative. after owning a Pro since launch it was that and the UHD player which convinced me to upgrade from my original Xbox, obviously I could have upgraded to an S for HDR but the other improvements that you get with an X just add to it.

I'm sort of half hoping for a 1080/60 version of Forza Horizon 3 on the X but they may well have to cut back in other areas far too much for it to be worthwhile with this game.

Oct 26, 2017
So last week I was at Mediamarkt and the sales guy told me that he hopes the HDMI cable MS provides with the X is at least capable of 4K. Because according to him apparently Sony did not do that and the cable you got with Pro wasn't good for 4K. So like a low speed cable or something.

Anyone with a X that can confirm the cable is fine? I have a S now and this cable works fine but these aren't 4K games.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what the enhancements are for the following games?

Dead Rising 4
Mafia 3
Homefront

Thanks! Those were my last pick-up's at the Target Buy 2 get 1 Free promotion yesterday and just curious as to what enhancements they will have?

According to Windows Central and Xbox.com lists:

Dead Rising 4 - 4K, HDR
Mafia III - 4K
Homefront - 4K

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I'm really hoping Microsoft is planning on an enhanced game sale the next couple weeks on the Xbox store. I would really love to pick up some extra enhanced games I missed out on.

Oct 26, 2017
For what it's worth I watched some footage of what is supposedly DR4 with it's X patches and it didn't look much different at all. Hopefully it wasn't really the X patch, because most other stuff has shown clear differences.

Yeah that was gamersyde.com. They didn't really see the difference 4K should bring. So for now it sounds like it's just HDR and that's about it. Which would be weird because implementing HDR can't have been a matter of seconds. So why do that but not increase resolution?

Art Vandelay

Oct 27, 2017
USA
So last week I was at Mediamarkt and the sales guy told me that he hopes the HDMI cable MS provides with the X is at least capable of 4K. Because according to him apparently Sony did not do that and the cable you got with Pro wasn't good for 4K. So like a low speed cable or something.

Anyone with a X that can confirm the cable is fine? I have a S now and this cable works fine but these aren't 4K games.

The cable is fine. I haven't had any issues.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Bundled câbles are good

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm really hoping Microsoft is planning on an enhanced game sale the next couple weeks on the Xbox store. I would really love to pick up some extra enhanced games I missed out on.
That's a good idea. I have already grabbed a few older titles to play on the 1X. A good sale for those upgrading would be a great idea.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

The Cable that Microsoft supplied with the Xbox One OG and Xbox One S was 4K compliant, I can't see that they would have downgraded it for their 4K machine.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Just noticed that Ass Creed has proper HDR settings now.
It's a nice calibration setting too, you specify the max NIT output of your TV and the paper whit the nit value.

Status
Not open for further replies.