• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok think I'm going to bite on MGSR for the first time!
Say any of the 360 Castlevania games worth getting? Also how was Just Cause 3, remember loving 2(I think)

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Picked up Kingdom Come because I do like a deep RPG, and I didn't have time to dip in during its time on Game Pass.

Tempted by Diablo III at twenty bucks. That's the lowest I've seen it from its usual price of sixty to seventy. It seems like a semi-casual loot dropper; am I right in thinking it would be good as an endless game you can dip in and out of for a few years?

A go-into-automatic-mode before-bed game where you can play for hours - or just fifteen minutes, depending on your tiredness - might be tempting.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Say any of the 360 Castlevania games worth getting? Also how was Just Cause 3, remember loving 2(I think)
Enjoy MGR, and don't forget to pick up the two story DLC packs, as they're free on XBL.
Castlevania LoS is really fun, even if it's just kind of a God of War clone. Never played the sequels, but I think Mirror of Fate is a Classicvania, and LoS2 got really bad reception.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017

Parrying is your best friend. I'm an idiot and didn't realize I could/should do that and the first parts of the game frustrated me lol

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ended up with Fallout 4 GOTY Edition, Control Ultimate Edition and Contra collection. Valhalla will have to wait til next time.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yea me too, I bought Fallout 4 GOTY for the DLC for almost $30 and the punch card is still at 0/65

Going to grab Bloodstained and Hitman Blood Money as well, and that Animal Crossing-like Cozy Grove that releases in a few days.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Damage so far:

Hitman:GOTY
Hitman 2: Gold Edition
Hitman 3(CD Keys)
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate
Metal Gear Solid V: Deluxe (double dip)

Will probably go back for Kerbal, Risk of Rain Collection, and the Hitman 4k Collection just to top off the saga.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
That's a lot of things.

Everyone buy Sunset Overdrive if you've somehow skipped it until now. A flamboyant action-adventure shooter with a dynamic traversal system, zany custom characters, and a rockin' soundtrack, by the makers of Spider-Man. Honestly, what's not to like?

It's a real gem of an exclusive that deserves a sequel.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Does the Tony Hawk Pro skater remastered thing run well on Xbox one? Looks like the series versions are not on sale. So I'll have to run in backwards compatibility mode on my series X

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Think I'll get the batman asylum and city and give my 360 discs to my nephew. If he doesn't want them he can trade them in. Not really seeing anything *new* that I want.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
That's a lot of things.

Everyone buy Sunset Overdrive if you've somehow skipped it until now. A flamboyant action-adventure shooter with a dynamic traversal system, zany custom characters, and a rockin' soundtrack, by the makers of Spider-Man. Honestly, what's not to like?

It's a real gem of an exclusive that deserves a sequel.
How is the DLC? I got the game with my Xbox (still haven't finished it) but I don't know much about the DLC except it exists.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
My buys have not sync in the MS reward app since yesterday when I bought a lot of stuff, I used some points I had and I didn't enter the sale from the MS rewards app but directly from the store, this matters?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Fucking 505 did a mess with the Control Ultimate edition, it downloads the game twice?? Like the base game and the Ultimate edition, but not the DLC? Shit's weird. I had to manually download the DLC but it doesn't appear on the 'manage DLC' tab anyway.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill Downpour was delisted so if you didn't already buy it digitally before it was delisted, you have to use a physical disc as a key to unlock and download the BC version.

Remember Me wasn't made BC so it can only be bought on Xbox Marketplace.
Do you have to insert the SH Downpour disc every time you play? Or just the one time as a key to unlock/download the BC version?

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
My buys have not sync in the MS reward app since yesterday when I bought a lot of stuff, I used some points I had and I didn't enter the sale from the MS rewards app but directly from the store, this matters?
Dont think its synced for anyone yet. My purchase from yesterday hasnt yet.

It shouldnt matter how you entered the store so that shouldnt matter.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Enjoy MGR, and don't forget to pick up the two story DLC packs, as they're free on XBL.
Castlevania LoS is really fun, even if it's just kind of a God of War clone. Never played the sequels, but I think Mirror of Fate is a Classicvania, and LoS2 got really bad reception.
Parrying is your best friend. I'm an idiot and didn't realize I could/should do that and the first parts of the game frustrated me lol
Got MGSR and JC3. Thanks for the dlc tip. Undecided on CLOS

Nov 11, 2017
So this might be a stupid question but do digital On Demand Xbox 360 games still work on the actual 360 hardware? I purchased Castlevania: Lord Of Shadows earlier and downloaded it on my 360. But it gives me an error when it tries to install. I have plenty of free space on the hard drive.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Is Hitman Game of the Year Edition on CDkeys the correct one if I want to have all the games? Asking since it's not part of this sale though I'm sure others are looking for it too

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Is Hitman Game of the Year Edition on CDkeys the correct one if I want to have all the games? Asking since it's not part of this sale though I'm sure others are looking for it too

Hitman GOTY is 67% off when accessed through the Hitman 2 store. Buying it there still unlocks all of that content in Hitman 3.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so which edition of Forza Motorsport 7 should I get? I think the Ultimate Edition is the best way to go?

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Hitman GOTY is 67% off when accessed through the Hitman 2 store. Buying it there still unlocks all of that content in Hitman 3.

Thanks Nameless - just for some clarity, is the ideal method to:
-Get Hitman 3 from Cd Keys
-Get Hitman 2 Gold on Xbox store
-Get Hitman 1 GOTY for 67% off through in app purchases on Hitman 2

Do I have that correct?

EDIT: actually nevermind, I realize already already own hitman 1 game of the year on Epic store for free...no need to buy it again on Xbox :)

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
huh got 5$ credit, but not sure what i'd get that i wont get on game pass or is cross platform for ps4. guess ill sit on the credit

Jul 26, 2018
There are several editions of RDr2. Does any of those bundle both single player and the online game or would I need to buy them separately?

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
How is the DLC? I got the game with my Xbox (still haven't finished it) but I don't know much about the DLC except it exists.
The DLC is the one part of the game I haven't finished, even though I've owned it for a while, lol.

What I can tell you is there are new weapons, traps, amps, and outfits -- reason enough for me to buy the DLC last time I saw it on sale.

I should really get around to checking that extra content at some point.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
What do you think of Samurai Jack?

I'm really interested since I never watched the show and they say it is awesome and want to start getting my feet wet with the franchise.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
The DLC is the one part of the game I haven't finished, even though I've owned it for a while, lol.

What I can tell you is there are new weapons, traps, amps, and outfits -- reason enough for me to buy the DLC last time I saw it on sale.

I should really get around to checking that extra content at some point.
Right, OK. I've not actually checked if it's on sale lol, and I probably won't get it this time, but if I get some more reward points I'll have to check it out, because I was really enjoying it.

Hell Shinobi

Oct 27, 2017
Ok i'm returning to the xbox ecosystem and noticed the The Witcher 3 Goty is on sale for 9.99€ haven't played that yet.

Will that game have a Series version? Im out of the loop.

There should be a thread with games that received some treatment to the series x or will have i think, just a thought...