• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Would you guys recommend Just Cause 3? It's cheap as fuck.
It depends what you're playing on. If you're on a One S I'd avoid because the base PS4 version is basically unplayable (like around 16fps) and I figure that'd be even worse. I'm not sure how it runs on the One X, or Series S and X.
It is a fun game though if you play it where it runs well, but I think the additions to the core gameplay ruined the simple parachute and grapple hook loop from JC2.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
It depends what you're playing on. If you're on a One S I'd avoid because the base PS4 version is basically unplayable (like around 16fps) and I figure that'd be even worse. I'm not sure how it runs on the One X, or Series S and X.
It is a fun game though if you play it where it runs well, but I think the additions to the core gameplay ruined the simple parachute and grapple hook loop from JC2.
I'm on XSX, it does run well on the system iirc.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Oh- I got the £4 from the Xbox app, so I have enough to buy something else.
I'm tempted to just buy Ninja Gaiden Black even if it's not on sale, but I was wondering if Tell Me Why is worth it/if it has decent performance on a One S? I really enjoyed Life is Strange, but I preferred the murder mystery and supernatural side of things opposed to the being at school and making friends stuff, if that helps any. I also loved the soundtrack- that was a huge part of it for me. I know there's a trial, but I know if I try it I'll end up buying it regardless, even if it's not for me.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Can anyone explain the different RDR2 versions? There's one that looks like the game, but also one called "Story Mode" for about the same price, and I can't find any information as to what that actually is, and then there's an Ultimate edition which apparently includes Story Mode but... what even is it?

Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft gave me £4 to spend for nothing. Well played MS. I'm deep in Gamepass so wasn't gonna buy anything but well played you've encouraged me to get something now.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Asking again for good measure. Sale purchases showing up progress on your Rewards punch card yet?

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I've been looking at Fuser…I'm being a cheapo, but I feel like it'll be $15-20 soon and I didn't get a $5 gift like many others are getting. I liked it when I checked it out over that free weekend though. Also considering the Hitman HD pack but I wish it was split as I've played Absolution.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Ah crap, I'm seeing a "Get Ultimate for $1 banner" but then I'm getting the full price for a month. Guess I'm out of luck trying to get that thing going.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Say any of the MGSR dlc other than the 2 free ones must gets?
VR missions if you like that sort of stuff, and the Gray Fox DLC because the skin is awesome, and the weapon you can use (Fox Blade) is really good, although you probably won't get enough BP to buy the sword until late game/NG+. I don't know about the MGS4 Raiden skin, but all the other skins are cosmetic recolours with a minor perk, like hold more health packs, hold more projectiles etc.

Kvothe Ctaeh

Sep 29, 2020
PSA:

Remember to wait a little bit for a "spend x amount of $ in the spring sale and get X amount of rewards points" punch card in Microsoft Rewards. These usually take a little longer to show up after the prices go down.

I've already spent that money. It's not showing on the reward page. Does it mean I'm not getting it?

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
Ended buying Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition, Battletoads and Overcooked All you Can Eat, I think I am pretty much served by now.

Kvothe Ctaeh

Sep 29, 2020
Ended buying Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition, Battletoads and Overcooked All you Can Eat, I think I am pretty much served by now.
I was going to buy Overcooked All you can eat but apparently the multiplayer is broken for many

Let it go for a little bit and if it doesn't update you should contact support. It seems like a few of us (at least) have had this issue. I just sent my ticket in, so we'll see how that goes. No problems during the Countdown sale, so this is a first for me.

Thank you. I'll do that.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Pathfinder: Kingmaker and will probably start it after i'm done with Pillars of Eternity 2. Would be sweet if i could use my Steam save but since it doesn't support cross-save i will have to start a new game.

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
I was going to buy Overcooked All you can eat but apparently the multiplayer is broken for many
Seriously? I had no idea. Hope it's getting fixed soon still as i didn't jumped on Overcooked 2 before (although me and my gf really liked 1) All you Can Eat it's actually worth it just for having the whole dlc collection and the upgrade to 60fps.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Finally got Kakarot even if I somewhat believe that it will enter Game Pass in the near future. It´s not perfect, but it is the most faithful DBZ simulator I have ever played and right now I would rank it as one of the very best games based on that franchise, if not the best. It oozes love for the IP. I will surely add the season pass once it becomes cheaper.

AC Valhalla´s base price has gone up, in my region (Argentina), when compared with the last sale.

Last two potential purchases:
-Railway Empire (cheap, didn´t hear great things about it, but the settings are very interesting to me).
-Ride 4 (I loved the previous games in the series, but I just can´t pay this much for the complete edition).

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
I keep buying lego games to never play. thinking i'm gonna add the lego bundle with batman 3, dc supervillains and both lego movie games

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
I think a better question is if ANYBODY has had the punchcard update during the sale. The buy 3 movies this month one also hasn't updated since the sale started. If it hasn't updated for anyone yet, I'm just going to wait for the inevitable mass solution. If it is updating for some people, I'll email support.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain the different RDR2 versions? There's one that looks like the game, but also one called "Story Mode" for about the same price, and I can't find any information as to what that actually is, and then there's an Ultimate edition which apparently includes Story Mode but... what even is it?

Story mode is just the story, does not include Red Dead Online. Ultimate has both and some add ons I think.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Not buying anything else until they fix the damn punch card
Yeah, I ended up emailing support about this. I just emailed them last month because of the movies punch card wasn't updating, but they explained to me that it takes "about 48 hours," which it did update after that.

I made my first couple sale purchases on the 1st when I saw the punch card, but then the punchcard disappeared and came back the next day. I was worried those first two purchases wouldn't count, but even purchases I made after it came back haven't showed up and it's been more than 2 days now.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
hitman HD (first game) or Hitman 2? Which is the best one for a casual stealth player?
Not sure specifically what game you're referring to with Hitman HD (the 360 ports of Hitman 2 and Hitman Contracts, or the Blood Money and Absolution ports), but for a casual stealth player I would not recommend any of those at this point, the stealth can be pretty unforigving if you didn't play these or similar old-school stealth games when they released. Absolution feels more modern at least, but I just don't like it much in general.

Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 (2018) are going to be your best bets for a casual stealth player.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just realized I don't own a copy of Soul Calibur one for the xbox and it has never been on sale. that's pretty surprising.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Who wants to talk me into Watch Dogs: Legion?

Any knowledge of/love of London?

I'd say if you have a connection to the city and will get a kick out of seeing the streets that you know IRL in video game form then it's a winner. I really like it.

But if it's just another generic video game city to you then it's no great leap beyond the previous Watch Dogs games (and a step back in a lot of ways).

I like the game a lot compared to the other two games but it's solely because Im less interested in Chicago and SF than I am with video game London.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Picking up Serious Sam Collection, Mortal Shell, PGA 2k21 and Rock of Ages 3 as soon as it's confirmed that the Rewards points are working.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Any knowledge of/love of London?

I'd say if you have a connection to the city and will get a kick out of seeing the streets that you know IRL in video game form then it's a winner. I really like it.

But if it's just another generic video game city to you then it's no great leap beyond the previous Watch Dogs games (and a step back in a lot of ways).

I like the game a lot compared to the other two games but it's solely because Im less interested in Chicago and SF than I am with video game London.
Neither love or knowledge, but I like the look of it in media compared to the other cities. I was kinda hoping I could Splinter cell my way through as much as possible? Heard it talked about on a podcast today, talking up it's positives ( but not leaving out the negatives) and it sounded like something decent if it's cheap enough.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
Bought:
- Doom Eternal Season Pass
-Just Cause 3 + Season Pass

I think i'm done. I already have a huge backlog thanks to Gamepass.

The MGS Collection for 10 bucks seems tempting though. Sucks Peace Walker ain't in it.

Jul 26, 2018
Neither love or knowledge, but I like the look of it in media compared to the other cities. I was kinda hoping I could Splinter cell my way through as much as possible? Heard it talked about on a podcast today, talking up it's positives ( but not leaving out the negatives) and it sounded like something decent if it's cheap enough.
It's not an in depth stealth game, but you can definitely play without shooting a bullet. It's more a kind of hack and gadgets kind of stealth plus you can nonlethal take down enemies silently. Most mission layouts have walking guards and traps, so again it's kind of fine for remote takedowns. It's open world, you can get access to building roofs and stuff. It's a mediocre game that fan keep you busy if you enjoy shallow open world games and don't have any other thing to play. It was cheaper two weeks ago, it was the free to play weekend and ubi went a bit lower with the price.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
For some reason, the MGS Collection is not listed on my country. (Turkey)

Does anyone know how do i buy the game from a different region and what is the cheapest option?