Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Posted in the Next Gen thread but Jez believes that Lockhart might have got cancelled and there will be 1 sku for next gen. He said the dev kit might be named Dante

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
Posted in the Next Gen thread but Jez believes that Lockhart might have got cancelled and there will be 1 sku for next gen. He said the dev kit might be named Dante
yeah from phil's interview it looked like there wont be any lockhart.....which will mean the xbox one x will be supported long enough into the next generation

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
So the Arcade in versus is gonna be more catered to the mass. Interested to see it.
Interesting he talks about making Gears more modern with UI changes, gunplay (removing bloom and adding more recoil), sound etc. They removed alot of the quick banter like if you missed a active reload.

This video actually gets me hyped for the game again. Gameplay looks good. The changes look good. Everything rod is saying sounds great.

They referenced hero shooters or MOBA's 3 or 4 times. I wonder if they are for escape only or will be in the other modes. I'd love to see some of that in horde and versus.

I think 5 will be just fine. They seam to be doing a really good job with it.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
yeah from phil's interview it looked like there wont be any lockhart.....which will mean the xbox one x will be supported long enough into the next generation
I disagree with that. They asked Phil if Scarlett was 1 model. Phil jumped around the question without answering it.

If it was only 1 model he probably would have answered the question.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
There is a post on Nintendo subreddit showing Pokemon sword and Shield as the most hated E3 game.

Second place is Battletoads. Yikes.

What? What do people hate about Pokémon? I also can't really see Battletoads. Like I can understand not liking the art style, but I can't understand how the game it's self could be that offensive. I can't imagine doing anything more than going "meh" and moving on.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
I've been fiddling around with Xbox Game Pass PC for a few days. A few game installation issues aside, I'm actually loving the service! I've been trying out a bunch of indie games that I otherwise wouldn't have bought and played. Considering the regular price and upcoming releases like Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds, I think I'm actually gonna stay subscribed in perpetuity.

It's also really exciting to think what first party can do, because I imagine that there are many many others like me on PC who would probably stay subscribed because why not? And Gears 5 launches on the service, and Halo will launch on the service. That's crazy to me. I haven't kept up with player numbers for MS's first party games in a while, but I think game pass on PC would give these titles big launches now that I think about it, especially if there's a lot of hype surrounding them. And Age of Empires 4 and Flight Sim will launch on the service!

I can't believe I'm this excited about Microsoft first party and their PC efforts. Hell has probably frozen over.

I just installed the App on my PC and through my Xbox One X I joined Ultimate. The App even in Beta form is fantastic. I downloaded a few games on PC and Xbox One that I was always interested in, but not enough to buy them. I always just buy my games out right and up until now never really thought of joining game pass, but damn I am sure glad I did. The only regret I have now is why I did not do this earlier. When I was going through the list of games on Xbox One, I bought at least 30 of the games on Game Pass and then started running the figures in my head of how much that cost and damn, it is an incredible bargain.

A few of my "PC" only friends are loving the app and the service and this is what MS needed to do for PC gamers. It is so refreshing to see a APP for games that is not crappy from MS and to include PC Game Pass was just great.

Ultimate is such a great value if you game on both console and PC.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
With how turn 10 have been talking about the next forza I would be surprised if it was ready next year at all. In fact didn't they just say they didn't start development of the next one till a couple months ago? That would mean that forza horizon 5 started development before FM8.

Look I know it would be weird to have horizon 5 out before the next motorsports. But when you think of the fact that they put out FH4 in 2 years time while also putting out blizzard mountain and the hot wheels expansion. Their output is litterally nuts. They are also an ever expanding studio getting bigger and bigger with each release, which seams to allow for them to do more and more.

I see no reason why forza horizon will be ready for 2020. Fm8 looks like a 2021 title. It makes sense for Xbox too. Horizon and halo are their biggest titles(gears is up there too). So bringing their two biggest guns to launch would be huge. Both games are also very diverse so That would allow both to come out at the same time without hurting each others sales.

The motorsports series isn't doing as well so it makes sense for them to take a break, refocus and put out an amazing game. Horizon is fireing on all cylinders and doesn't need a refocusing.

Until I hear from Xbox/playground/turn 10 I'm gunna assume that horizon 5 will launch with Scarlett next year.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
They're also replacing RNG loot boxes with more of a battlepass type progression and unlock system in Gears 5, which is good to hear. I just hope their currency is easy to earn through normal MP grinding and there isn't an abundance in of log-in requirements.

Roman Bellic

Banned
Jun 13, 2019
Btw who took over Loftis here job?
I wrote about that as well, here ;)

That woman we talked about Gamepass at e3? Believe she was name head of partnership?
Sarah Bond is head of Gaming Partnerships & Business Development at Microsoft/Xbox. Different division. Since march 2019 she's also Corporate Vice President, previously since April 2017 she was General Manager.

There's also Global Gaming Partnership & Development and you could heard more about this earlier this and previous year when they were looking for some people for offices Japan, South Korea or China.

do you have the link?
bdsams was writing about this in December 2018.

Nuri

Jan 4, 2018
I'm surprised to see that Rukari Austin is being let go. I've always liked him on Inside Xbox.

That sucks, I got to chat with him at a few Xbox events. He's really down to earth and approachable. He was on forums like us and a gamer, then in a twist of fate and the stars aligning got a job at 343. Really great guy. MS is losing a great talent.

ThankDougie

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Buffalo
If you were me, the answer would be yes. However I don't know you're money situation. Here's some ways to break it down.

If you get an X for $400 or less, upgrade it towards the next console, you'll likely get around $150 or so during one of those launch trade in deals. That's $250 for 1.5 years (18 months). There are Game Pass deals all the time. Lets say combo of Game Pass and Gold run you $10 after deals. So essentially an Xbox One X, Game Pass and Gold will cost you just under $25 a month. That's to get access to over 200 games now, every Xbox exclusive that comes out between now and then and about 30 new Day 1 games that haven't released yet within that time span.

$25 a month for a console and enough games that you don't have to buy any more games. Most gamers spend more than that on software alone.

Whatever you buy is forward compatible. If you don't upgrade in 2020, the X will likely still be capable of playing everything on Game Pass through 2022.

So yes, due to Game Pass and a lot of games that have gone cheap, you'll recoup your hardware expense in software value. If you're a gamer, 1.5 years is a long time to wait.

ALRIGHT.

I DID IT.

I OWN A ONE X!

Yeeeehaw. Now that it's updating, what should I do first? Is it a good idea to go ahead and use those free Live Gold and Game Pass offers (14 days, 1 month)? Or can I get a better, cheaper deal some other way?

(the deal I got came with all three Metro games)

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
ALRIGHT.

I DID IT.

I OWN A ONE X!

Yeeeehaw. Now that it's updating, what should I do first? Is it a good idea to go ahead and use those free Live Gold and Game Pass offers (14 days, 1 month)? Or can I get a better, cheaper deal some other way?

Get some Xbox Live codes and then upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 and save a shit ton of money.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
will the free 14 day trial work?
Not sure, but since the $1 deal is a one time promotion, you would get way more value if you upgrade a year or more (I believe the maximum is 3 years). Literally hundreds of dollars could be saved, not to mention not having to worry about purchasing any XGS studio game for the next few years thanks to GP.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
A huge part of the Gears experience happens in co-op and PvP modes. You're really limiting your experience if you treat it like a one and done cinematic campaign shooter.
I play the campaign alone then i play it Co-op with my Brother....

Gears for Me is Just the campaign

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Gears 4 campaign was so good. Can't wait for Gears 5. Just wish they'd throw us a bone and give us some kind of idea what the changes will be.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
So, if Shannon Loftis was moved to manage Age of Empires team, does she have any experience with that? I checked her LinkedIn profile and mostly worked with racing games and some shitty projects for Good Science Studio. Good managing skill is completely alright, but she also have to understand goods of developers who want to make much better and great projects, without any financial cuts.

They really need push harder that division/studio for next generation and make it much more transparent. We just know how is the head of that and Joseph Staten was working on ReCore or Crackdown 3. Nothing more, I guess.

Also, if we look at what they published, there's not so much games.
• 2020 | Ori and the Will of the Wisps | more than 2,5 years between announcement and releasing.
• 2019 | Crackdown 3 | the giant joke of this generation, greenlighted before Phil was head of Xbox, announced in 2014.
• 2018 | State of Decay 2
• 2017 | Super Lucky's Tale | which is not even Microsoft's IP, will be released on Switch now as a re-imagined game with lot of new thing and no plans to Xbox release too.

Not so much. I'm not counting Age of Empires IV, because now when they have dedicated first-party studio, I think they'll be overseeing next game (like Rare with Battletoads and The Coalition with Gears Tactics).

I hope they'll have lot of agreements and partnerships for Project Scarlett. For launch and further support. There's some potential which was wasted in some way. Two games per year from XGS Publishing (next to first-party) would be great.

But in our eyes, as a gamers, campaign was highly anticipated. After long year of waiting. Very strange decision.

Couldn't agree more. Whether their atrocious output was because of budget cuts or mismanagement , XGSP needs a serious kick in the ass and I'm hopeful the new guy can deliver. He's been there for a few months now so we'll likely see some good stuff next gen.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Well then, we wait!

Just please, please let my worries be for nothing. No downgrades, still looking as sweet as last year. I love my Gears campaign and this one has the potential to really turn things around in a good way. Not like how Judgment did that, lol.
Downgrade? Where?

This clearly shows a transition to gameplay and i see no downgrade.

Oct 26, 2018
A huge part of the Gears experience happens in co-op and PvP modes. You're really limiting your experience if you treat it like a one and done cinematic campaign shooter.
I don't do co-op, I prefer playing campaigns solo. Never played any halo campaigns coop( seriously paying attention to the story anyway) . I'm not going to play gears with co-op. But as someone who has never really been into the series( because I didn't have a gaming system for yrs) the campaign is what's going to captivate me. I never played a game online until 2017( again no gaming system and struggling financially for yrs)
And that game was halo 3. Still to this day play social slayer either on my 360 or one. For me, if I played it co-op my first time through, I probably wouldn't even try the mp.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I've never been a huge fan of gears. I like the games and enjoy them all but Iam not a fanatic so the campaign exclusion doesn't bother me at all, but I can imagine how insanely disappointing this was to everyone who is. I am a huge Halo fan and I'd be disappointed if this happens next year and they just show off a multiplayer mode. Being sort of an outsider in this right now I am very curious to see if this actually pays off and gears fans are happy the secrecy was kept.....even though I doubt it lol

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
ALRIGHT.

I DID IT.

I OWN A ONE X!

Congrats! Yeah like someone else said, load up on some Gold subscriptions and then do that $1 to upgrade to Ultimate (assuming that offer is still showing). You'll end up getting Game Pass tacked on to your Gold. Your next year or 2 (depending on how many you stack) will be even cheaper than what I initially mentioned.

Enjoy!

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Congrats! Yeah like someone else said, load up on some Gold subscriptions and then do that $1 to upgrade to Ultimate (assuming that offer is still showing). You'll end up getting Game Pass tacked on to your Gold. Your next year or 2 (depending on how many you stack) will be even cheaper than what I initially mentioned.

Enjoy!

Three years!

(The maximum)

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
As someone who loves gears primarily because of its campaigns, the e3 segment was sure disappointing. But I am willing to give them the benefit of doubt and wait for the release. Had there been no gamepass I wouldn't have gotten gears 5 at less than 50% off given how lackluster gears 4 campaign was.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Downgrade? Where?

This clearly shows a transition to gameplay and i see no downgrade.

It's a brand new area though. Last year showed different locations and I just hope all that remained in tact. Especially the lighting I love in the area with the robots where it's dark and a part where the seem to walk in a desert area.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
its really weird how much of the game they showed last year vs this year. if i recall it was a long cutscene and then an ingame montage vs these prerendered trailers. i honestly assumed the game was going to be out before this e3 based on how they were showing it

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
You are being pretty shitty here. "Oh you like campaing more, must be because you suck at the game"

I've always preferred the campaign first too. I just suck at versus, I either get killed by a sniper or some Gears veteran that wallbounces like he's fucking possessed and kills me instantly. I do like Horde a lot but I guess me and my buddies suck big time because we can't even fully complete it on normal, lol.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
I've always preferred the campaign first too. I just suck at versus, I either get killed by a sniper or some Gears veteran that wallbounces like he's fucking possessed and kills me instantly. I do like Horde a lot but I guess me and my buddies suck big time because we can't even fully complete it on normal, lol.

Yeah i like campaing more too. Not great. At gears MP, but people preferrring campaing over MP doesn't mean it is because tbey suck. Some people just love SP games.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
This did get a laugh from me. It's actually painful just how good the good Gears players are compared to the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.