Status
Not open for further replies.

AR678

alt account
Banned
Apr 30, 2022
Are we expecting any Xbox related things at the summer game fest? If it does end up being a 90 minute show it wouldn't hurt to have an announcement or two in summer game fest to maintain a presence there.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Biggest problem with Xcloud is country availability.

Unlike regular MS/Xbox account where you can set your console to USA and everything works just fine, Xcloud and the Game Pass Android/iOS app basically gives you: not available in your region.

Using VPN isn't an option due to latency. Hope they add more regions soon.

Idas

Antitrusting By Keyboard
Mar 20, 2022
More accessibility features coming, now in collaboration with the Windows Insider Program:

Frieza

Oct 25, 2017
Are we expecting any Xbox related things at the summer game fest? If it does end up being a 90 minute show it wouldn't hurt to have an announcement or two in summer game fest to maintain a presence there.
Maybe smaller things like updates to current games or maybe a short trailer for something like Starfield before the big showcase.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Biggest problem with Xcloud is country availability.

Unlike regular MS/Xbox account where you can set your console to USA and everything works just fine, Xcloud and the Game Pass Android/iOS app basically gives you: not available in your region.

Using VPN isn't an option due to latency. Hope they add more regions soon.
they mentioned they are rolling out to more countries/regions (unspecified) "in the coming months". I would prob look at the Azure availability regions where xCloud isn't offered yet and roll the dice as to what's next lol

Idas

Antitrusting By Keyboard
Mar 20, 2022
Blizzard announces Jessica Martínez as first Vicepresident Head of Culture. She is coming from Disney and will be responsible for growing and implementing culture strategy, ensuring alignment across all teams and functions, and revamping learning and talent development programs:

Oct 27, 2017

I'm fully expecting Callisto Protocol to be shown at Game Fest, which is current gen (Series and PS5) and PC only, as far as I know. All signs point to this:

- Dec 2020 - The announcement CG trailer for Callisto Protocol debuts at Keighley's Game Awards.
- Mar 24, 2022 - Geoff Keighley tweets that he visited Striking Distance Studios and that he's excited for Callisto Protocol.
- Apr 29, 2022- Glen Schofield (founder/CEO of Striking Distance Studios/executive producer of Dead Space) tweets that it's almost time to show off Callisto Protocol.
- May 5, 2022 - Striking Distance Studios Director of Community tweets back at Geoff Keighley's Game Fest June 9 announcement date with emoji eyes.

And then we see that just today, Sarah Bond tweeted that they had a great trip yesterday, visiting their partners in California. Striking Distance Studios is located in San Ramon, California.

So, I think it's safe to say Callisto Protocol will debut at the Game Awards on June 9. And maybe, just maybe, there might be some Xbox deal with the studio/Callisto Protocol, like Day One Game Pass! Imagine this - gameplay reveal gets shown at Summer Game Fest, and at the end, they say tune into the Xbox showcase for a special announcement. And this special announcement ends up being Callisto Protocol will be on Game Pass on day one!

I know this is highly unlikely to happen (Game Pass day one), but there are a few things to consider here. Dead Space franchise didn't sell well, as far as I know? I could be wrong on this, but I imagine that's the case, since Visceral was dissolved. Callisto Protocol is a new IP. New IP's are always risky, so why not cover some of that risk with Game Pass money.

Last edited:

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
PREY is 5 years old !

Such a great game.

Fuck me, it's been five years already. Arkane delivered a flawed masterpiece with that game. Talos-1 was a complete joy to explore. Nothing in gaming comes close to the level and world design in Prey; not even other Arkane games. A top 5 game of the generation, imo.

All it needed was to cut back on the combat encounters and go for a bit more of a horror angle. I really hope they haven't given up on the IP forever. It doesn't need to be a big franchise, but one more game would do.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Been thinking about it. Xbox should partner with a ton of hotels and have Xbox pucks and controllers available in every hotel room and ensure the network prioritizes cloud gaming traffic.. Imagine the brand recognition and conversion rate when someone can sign into their Xbox account at a hotel and instantly play any game they want or own.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Been thinking about it. Xbox should partner with a ton of hotels and have Xbox pucks and controllers available in every hotel room. Imagine the brand recognition and conversion rate when someone can sign into their Xbox account at a hotel and instantly play any game they want or own.

Airline companies was another one I had in mind…I assume it could be implemented somehow?

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
Anyone else get the feeling Xbox might offload some of the load to Summer Games fest given its only 3 days prior. They could move Redfall or even the Starfield demo there (unlikely but replace those games with others). That or put some of the "lesser" titles, thus leaving the 90-minute show to the bigger or closer titles.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else get the feeling Xbox might offload some of the load to Summer Games fest given its only 3 days prior. They could move Redfall or even the Starfield demo there (unlikely but replace those games with others). That or put some of the "lesser" titles, thus leaving the 90-minute show to the bigger or closer titles.

I think smaller games/announcements will go to Game Fest. All the big announcements will be at the Xbox showcase.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017

I think this will happen. They'll want lots of eyes to then have everyone look at the Xbox conference.

They could show a Starfield trailer like Skyrim's, with a "see gameplay demo at the Xbox conference!"

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
they mentioned they are rolling out to more countries/regions (unspecified) "in the coming months". I would prob look at the Azure availability regions where xCloud isn't offered yet and roll the dice as to what's next lol

Yeah, hope they expand faster.

Also, heads up folks:

One of the best platforming games is on sale via "Multiplayer Sale":

Buy A Hat in Time | Xbox

Default Short DescriptionA Hat in Time is a cute-as-heck 3D platformer featuring a little girl who stitches hats for wicked powers! Freely explore giant worlds and recover Time Pieces to travel to new heights!

Don't ask me why it's on multiplayer sale though lol.

And there is a game that caught my eye called Ashen:

Buy Ashen: Definitive Edition | Xbox

Ashen is an open world co-op action RPG about a wanderer in search of a place to call home.

From what I've seen, it's a nice 2 player online coop souls like experience. Definitive edition comes with the DLC.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wouldn't mind them announcing the large Halo Infinite mode there with a "tune in Sunday" for more details type of trailer.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
There's no chance they move Redfall and Starfield there. Opening Night Live or whatever consisted of third party games including those coming to Game Pass like B4B (which appeared in the showcase, as well). But nothing first party.

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck me, it's been five years already. Arkane delivered a flawed masterpiece with that game. Talos-1 was a complete joy to explore. Nothing in gaming comes close to the level and world design in Prey; not even other Arkane games. A top 5 game of the generation, imo.

All it needed was to cut back on the combat encounters and go for a bit more of a horror angle. I really hope they haven't given up on the IP forever. It doesn't need to be a big franchise, but one more game would do.
I take it I should play it?

Idas

Antitrusting By Keyboard
Mar 20, 2022

Some Gamepass deals and a lot of DLC for active games make sense (DLC for Horizon 5, new season of Sea of Thieves, Fallout76, etc)

Specially if the showcase has different content from the same studios or IPs.

For example, show the DLC for Horizon 5 in the Summer Games but the new Forza Motorsport in the showcase.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Their cloud stuff is straight wizardry lol…jumped in to Fortnite and it worked flawlessly, not to mention my profile and everything associated with Fortnite/Epic loaded right up. No hoops to jump through…

God I love this ecosystem.

It's really great and getting better all the time.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Been thinking about it. Xbox should partner with a ton of hotels and have Xbox pucks and controllers available in every hotel room and ensure the network prioritizes cloud gaming traffic.. Imagine the brand recognition and conversion rate when someone can sign into their Xbox account at a hotel and instantly play any game they want or own.

Not to be a downer but the last 5 hotel stays I've had (Marriot, Hilton, other private hotels) have all had pretty abysmal internet, alongside having to pay a daily rate to access a "high-speed" connection. They've all been pretty slow in adoption of digital infrastructure, and generally it's a shitty WiFi signal. Besides, I can't see them prioritizing cloud gaming traffic in lieu of the significantly higher volume of business travelers.

Airline companies was another one I had in mind…I assume it could be implemented somehow?

I can barely scroll Era on in-flight WiFi. Let alone anything requiring low latency. I think we're a while off flights.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
You just have to credit Phil and his team for having the vision are foresight for all of this….and then going forward and EXECUTING IT.

I'm still sort of in shock at how quickly things have turned around (often referred to as "The Turnaround") for Xbox this generation.

All the different tiers of Phil's strategy are starting to align and pick up momentum :)

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Not to be a downer but the last 5 hotel stays I've had (Marriot, Hilton, other private hotels) have all had pretty abysmal internet, alongside having to pay a daily rate to access a "high-speed" connection. They've all been pretty slow in adoption of digital infrastructure, and generally it's a shitty WiFi signal. Besides, I can't see them prioritizing cloud gaming traffic in lieu of the significantly higher volume of business travelers.

I can barely scroll Era on in-flight WiFi. Let alone anything requiring low latency. I think we're a while off flights.
Better off tethering a device you bring yourself to your phone's 5G than using hotel wifi

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
"We've also enabled Cloud Gaming in more places, like Mexico, Japan, Australia, and Brazil. The gaming community has been phenomenal in all these new countries, and Brazil in particular has blown away our expectations. Adoption was so overwhelming in the first couple weeks that the demand from fans exceeded our server capacity to the point we had to quickly move to deploy more hardware to keep up with demand. The support we've seen going to new countries, paired with making more games available on more devices, has led to encouraging results. In the months ahead, you should expect cloud gaming to become available in even more places – we can't wait to share more."

So great to hear!, having these different options is how you reach larger numbers.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Better off tethering a device you bring yourself to your phone's 5G than using hotel wifi

For sure. I don't know the last time I saw an accessible router in a hotel room. Along with bandwidth limits, network congestion through WiFi, use of range extenders, content restriction at some sites that analyze packets increasing latency etc. Hotel network infrastructure is just generally poor.

Metsuki

Oct 31, 2020
Portugal
Just got into Game Pass on PC and holy crap, so many good games for cheap!
And I'm also happy that even without a high end graphics card, they still run pretty well.

Amazing value.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Yeah, I know, but I mean a partnership where Microsoft invests in hotel WiFi and prioritizes xCloud traffic.

I'm not saying hotels do it for free. Apple works with hotels all the time to have like smart locks that work with Apple Pay, etc.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Yeah, I know, but I mean a partnership where Microsoft invests in hotel WiFi and prioritizes xCloud traffic.

I'm not saying hotels do it for free. Apple works with hotels all the time to have like smart locks that work with Apple Pay, etc.

I would love MS to invest in hotel network infrastructure, but given the magnitude of costs, I can't see it.

The Apple & smart lock scenario is just a lot less capital intensive.

Deleted member 93062

Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I would love MS to invest in hotel network infrastructure, but given the magnitude of costs, I can't see it.

The Apple & smart lock scenario is just a lot less capital intensive.
But the potential ROI on xCloud in hotels is a lot higher than the ROI of smart locks. At least, that's how I see it.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Yup Smart TV thing will be massive.

Buy GTA 6 on your Cloud puck, play it everywhere on PC, Mobile, anywhere on China, Brazil, that's why they have job listing about next generation of gaming E-commerce.

Xbox platform will be big and accessible to players and developers, heart of that will be XGP ofc.

It will be a new Era. They even hired Apple architect to lead the Xbox consumer experience architecture

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
"We've also enabled Cloud Gaming in more places, like Mexico, Japan, Australia, and Brazil. The gaming community has been phenomenal in all these new countries, and Brazil in particular has blown away our expectations. Adoption was so overwhelming in the first couple weeks that the demand from fans exceeded our server capacity to the point we had to quickly move to deploy more hardware to keep up with demand. The support we've seen going to new countries, paired with making more games available on more devices, has led to encouraging results. In the months ahead, you should expect cloud gaming to become available in even more places – we can't wait to share more."

Yup Brazil and Japan, China have massive potential

Just look vods subs numbers on these country

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
In person events are a go!

unknown.png

WATCH TOGETHER​

There's no better way to celebrate this year's Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase than with friends around the world! That's why we're inviting you to join us in the Xbox FanFest Watch Party. On June 12 we'll be hosting a live event for the FanFest community virtually and on location in Los Angeles, United States; Madrid, Spain; Toronto, Canada; and Melbourne, Australia.
Whether you join virtually or in person, you'll have the chance to meet up, get cool stuff (who doesn't like free stuff??), hang out, chat, and watch the festivities unfold with your fellow fans! We'll also have special guests from the Xbox and Bethesda family drop in to say hello.
How can I join? The gist of it is you can JOIN VIRTUALLY by opting in below or you can ENTER TO WIN IN-PERSON ACCESS if you live in one of the regions hosting an in-person event. See Official Rules for the 2022 Xbox FanFest Watch Party Sweepstakes.​

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Oo lots of fun news. Really cool to see xCloud expanding, and really looking forward to what else they're doing with that program. Lots of great shows with Xbox info on the horizon.

I also just started GTA San Andreas. We'll see how far we can get before it gets taken off Game Pass, but looks like there's lots of stuff to play after that too.

Yea, I almost wonder if the move here is to make larger versions of the pucks that have 5G wifi built in. Maybe if it could be deployed more widely in ways that don't tax the internet at the locations, it might be more accepted and less fiddly. But, I doubt the use case of hotels justifies the cost honestly. Well, maybe if you have an institutions device - one for hospitals (not sure if having that many 5G signals around would be smart though... what if they were ALSO mesh routers :p hahaha) and hotels and prisons and maybe schools and other places.... haha iono. Maybe not.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Highlights of the xCloud evolution so far:

- 10 millions users
- Used in more than 6000 types of devices
- More than 350 Gamespass games are cloud enabled
- On average, Xbox Game Pass players who use cloud, discover and play nearly twice as many games as Xbox Game Pass members who don't play on cloud
- 2x increase in play for games that have touch controls,
- 20% of Xbox Cloud Gaming users use touch exclusively
- Flight Simulator was the most played cloud game on phones, tablets, PCs and consoles in March (as a way to play Gen-9 titles on devices in theory not compatible)

It sounds great!

indeed it dose.

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
There's no chance they move Redfall and Starfield there. Opening Night Live or whatever consisted of third party games including those coming to Game Pass like B4B (which appeared in the showcase, as well). But nothing first party.

I wouldnt go as far as "no chance." Unlikely is probably closer to the truth.

One could make the argument that summer games fest may reach wider people that are not interested in xbox. Showing them some big games could draw them in and then draw more interest in the showcase a couple of days later. Of course, you can do that with other games, but maybe with less of an impact.

Its an interesting thought/gamble they could make.

Oct 28, 2017
I legit forgot about the Callisto Protocol until it was brought up today and that game is apparently still slated for 2022. If we get both the Callisto Protocol at the end of this year followed up by the Dead Space remake in early 2023, it'll be like getting two new Dead Space games back to back.

Status
Not open for further replies.