• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you like the OT title?

• Yes

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • It's not my first choice, but...

Votes: 88 14.4%
  • Stop being so elitist

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • What's with this poll, anyway?

Votes: 71 11.7%
  • [screaming]

Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker Petrov

Nov 1, 2017
Good grief. What a shitshow. This isn't fixable with that CEO attached.

I don't know if we can draw that conclusion from what we know. As this was all based on 10 current and former employees. So it's hard to say if these are disgruntled employees or what degree of knowledge and factual information they have to substantiate their claims.

Everything could be true and that wouldn't surprise me. However, none of it, a portion of it, or elements of it could only be true, not true, or somewhere in between.

I also don't know a lot about the news outlet or reporter in question so it's harder to say what burden of proof they use to validate sources. It's not like it's a Jez Corden, brad sams, Jason Schrier, etc. who I would give the benefit of the doubt to based on there history or its a major news outlet where you can have some faith in the credibility of the outlet.

don't mean to sound negative I'd just rather know the truth be that this depiction or something else. Now that this report is out there. I'm sure we will hear what the reality of the situation is.

If everything is true though, a new studio head would be a good move.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Or maybe it's just your confirmation bias. These gaming deals are always hit or miss.

While Cyberpunk was a disaster, Assassin's Creed had Xbox marketing rights and sold more copies in its first week than any other AC game ever. Call of the Sea (81 MC/ 79 OC) was well received and The Medium (75 OC) did decent (albeit an acquired taste).

Same with Playstation deals -- Bugsnax was a relative hit, Godfall not so much.
Haha, just a spicy meme take. BUT. Just plucked from recent news: Vampires, Dying Light 2, Cyberpunk, Anthem, Infinite. We mentioned FO76 earlier, etc.

I don't ACTUALLY think MS is cursed lol. Or do I?!?

Jan 4, 2018

Probably linked to this:

Join Xbox Game Studios as an innovative leader and help us achieve our mission to reach over 3 billion gamers.

We are seeking a Senior Director, Cloud Gaming to shape and drive a new initiative focused on making great games designed for the cloud. You will partner with external developers to create a roadmap for producing new game products, plus building an internal team to navigate relationships between partner teams within Xbox and Microsoft, bringing new cloud-based technologies into our games.

careers.microsoft.com

Senior Director, Cloud Gaming - Xbox Game Studios in Redmond, Washington, United States | Engineering at Microsoft

Apply for Senior Director, Cloud Gaming - Xbox Game Studios job with Microsoft in Redmond, Washington, United States. Engineering at Microsoft

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
yeah maybe you're right and it's not as old tech as I think it is. still no interest right now since no one's put out anything I'm interested in and the support isn't that widespread. if I get a headset it has to have constant releases
That's a fair thing to expect. My issue is only the hyperbole around needing it to be literally a brain jack. We'll never need to get to that point to get everyone who is interested in the concept of VR to like it.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm Willing to bet that box does not come out with a headset in this generation. Phil has said it multiple times there is no market for right now and if sony stopped it just says it won't be viable for long term support
Ok? Who argued it's coming out this generation? We have no idea, however my point is that it's not solely contingent on whether PS continues to support VR or not but likely when Xbox considers their VR solution and software is ready for a mainstream market.

Last edited:

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Wasteland 3 was fucking dope, bugs and crashes not withstanding. Pillars of Eternity is REALLY not for me. I really hope we get more Wasteland type games from XGS. It would be a shame if all 3 mayor RPG devs at XGS all shift to the Fallout/Elder Scrolls model, and never go back.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Wasteland 3 was fucking dope, bugs and crashes not withstanding. Pillars of Eternity is REALLY not for me. I really hope we get more Wasteland type games from XGS. It would be a shame if all 3 mayor RPG devs at XGS all shift to the Fallout/Elder Scrolls model, and never go back.

I think we can expect more Wasteland games from inXile. I just started playing Wasteland 2 and I'm loving it!

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I could actually see Kojima joining Xbox, but it's a long shot. Not as long as some of the other shots suggested here before, but a long shot. His games generally do well in the west and don't rely on Japan for sales, he's always keen to try new mediums and weird shit and Game Pass and XCloud definitely give him that opportunity, and from what I understand Death Stranding was somewhat disappointing for Sony. Not a failure, but didnt set the fire they thought it would, so they might not fight for him as hard as they otherwise would.

Also, I kind of want to live in a world where Sony acquires the rights to Metal Gear and Silent Hill while Microsoft acquires Kojima Productions. Shows the gods have a good sense of humor.

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
Wasn't there a rumor late last year about MS acquiring Kojima Productions? I personally don't believe it but I don't mind a little more smoke...

edit: I'm sure that was debunked as a joke tho

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I could see a bit of quid pro quo with the Beth purchase and Death Stranding.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I could actually see Kojima joining Xbox, but it's a long shot. Not as long as some of the other shots suggested here before, but a long shot. His games generally do well in the west and don't rely on Japan for sales, he's always keen to try new mediums and weird shit and Game Pass and XCloud definitely give him that opportunity, and from what I understand Death Stranding was somewhat disappointing for Sony. Not a failure, but didnt set the fire they thought it would, so they might not fight for him as hard as they otherwise would.

Also, I kind of want to live in a world where Sony acquires the rights to Metal Gear and Silent Hill while Microsoft acquires Kojima Productions. Shows the gods have a good sense of humor.
The one thing I could see stopping this is that Kojima has said he would like to make movies under Kojima Productions as well, and I just don't see that happening under MS, so I always imagined that if he did get bought out it would be under Sony for that reason alone.

Also I don't think Kojima has any known protégées does he? So when he retires in 10-15 years who knows what will become of the studio? I feel that's another big consideration for anyone considering buying them as welk

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Didn't Ms announce like 30 exclusives this year? I know most of them were small title but dam it's almost March at this rate there are going to have to launch a game a week if they are going to keep that promise.

Also any word on a release window for Warhammer Darktide??

There will be delays its inevitable

tenor.gif

ImPacaTheCat

Mar 3, 2020

One of the best 2020 games for sure, and one of the most underrated also. Wasteland 3 is a gem

Sep 8, 2019

Probably linked to this:

careers.microsoft.com

Senior Director, Cloud Gaming - Xbox Game Studios in Redmond, Washington, United States | Engineering at Microsoft

Apply for Senior Director, Cloud Gaming - Xbox Game Studios job with Microsoft in Redmond, Washington, United States. Engineering at Microsoft

Maybe we'll get a sneak peek at Game Stack with Accelerating DirectX Innovation and the other stuff.

Isn't Warface F2P? Is this just some kind of starter pack? That would make that month even worse IMO.
It's a $20 spin-off

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Warface F2P? Is this just some kind of starter pack? That would make that month even worse IMO.

Warface Breakout is a different game. It's $20 usually. It's like Counter Strike.

It's AMAZING. I bought it at launch (last year some time?) and it received basically no press. I've never played original Warface but Breakout is absolutely great.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Jokes aside if this* is anything more than a coincidence, it's probably a Global Publishing title, not an acquisition. Which would also be pretty rad.

*Kojima mascot being in the background of Spencers stream.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Warface Breakout is a different game. It's $20 usually. It's like Counter Strike.

It's AMAZING. I bought it at launch (last year some time?) and it received basically no press. I've never played original Warface but Breakout is absolutely great.

Huh, I had no idea. Now I will probably give it a shot.

Tying it to Warface might have actually done it a disservice if it is a decent tactical shooter.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I think I see a yellowish Series X /S controller... with colors similar to Miles "Tails" Prower... wich would fit right in with the "Not Sonic" iconic Blue and "Not Knuckles" red controllers released so far
True, everyone's focused on Kojima, but they missed the orange controller to finish the Sonic set lol. And it's actually next to the blue one.

Status
Not open for further replies.