• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised we still haven't seen the 2nd part of the month announcement. Not necessarily for new games, but not even a summary of everything they had already announced over the last few months.

Can't remember the last time the skipped an entire announcement?

valentine71

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The lack of communication is very interesting. They passed the E3 without any announcements to Game Pass (No surprise avaliable now moment) but also passed their usual timeframe. Even a summary of what was announced before would have been better than their silence. I just wish they simply pick a date (1st and 15th maybe) and go with it for the announcements.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Why are they being so weird about announcing what is coming? Just a random announcement here and there.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I have been playing Plague Tale: Innocence for the past few days on my phone through xCloud. The experience has been quite good, that is, up until today. Today I started playing it on my personal notebook connected to a monitor and the image quality was... Eh. I think it is the first game that I have something to complaint regarding image quality.

That said, I'm enjoying the game. It is quite different from what I'm used to play. I'm not too found of stealth games, but I'm enjoying this one. I can see some good mechanical inspirations from The Last of Us, but it has so much uniqueness to it that it is really unfair to compare. I'm at the beginning of chapter 9 now.

Edit: Also, great news about Omori! I added to my backlog \o/

Last edited:

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020

the weirdest part was that the wording in the latest game pass blog implied that there would be by some drops by the time of the showcase.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Holy shit I didn't see that the Ninja Gaiden Collection got to the service. I almost bought it on Steam a few days ago heh.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
New game on GP without warning lol

Buy OMORI | Xbox

Explore a strange world full of colorful friends and foes. Navigate through the vibrant and the mundane in order to uncover a forgotten past. When the time comes, the path you’ve chosen will determine your fate... and perhaps the fate of others as well. MATURE CONTENT DESCRIPTION The developers...

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Leaving soon games just updated for me in the app (so I expect a blog post today I guess).

Console:
FIFA 20
MotoGP 20
Last Stop
Jurassic World Evolution

PC:
same except Jurassic

Good riddance to all those.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
How short is Last Stop?
You should be able to beat it under 7 hours
howlongtobeat.com

How long is Last Stop? | HowLongToBeat

How long is Last Stop? HowLongToBeat has the answer. Create a backlog, submit your game times and compete with your friends!

Edit: Giving my input, there aren't many things to do gameplay wise. What I mean is that it is a story focused game like Telltale games, but even more rigid in terms of world exploring. So it should be short, focused and sweet.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Narrative games usually ain't my thing but maybe I'll try Last Stop.

Edit: oof 6-7 hours maybe not

Still can't believe Omori just got shadow dropped.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Narrative games usually ain't my thing but maybe I'll try Last Stop.

Edit: oof 6-7 hours maybe not

Still can't believe Omori just got shadow dropped.

Last Stop is a very long 6 hours too. I couldn't finish it, I got 3 hours in and saw how much was left and couldn't be bothered. If narrative games aren't your thing then you won't enjoy it - and I like narrative games!

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Last Stop is a very long 6 hours too. I couldn't finish it, I got 3 hours in and saw how much was left and couldn't be bothered. If narrative games aren't your thing then you won't enjoy it - and I like narrative games!
I would say that Last Stop is like a mini-series with 19~21 episodes of 20 minutes. Narrative games for me always feel like a series for me, and I can only enjoy them in short bursts. Same as I can do for series I'm not super hyped or are very intense/complex. For some reason I always feel burned out after a few hours for those types of games.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Playing Artful Escape and it's surprising how a visually spectacular game can actually be a little... boring? Maybe just not for me. I wish I could play the guitar in a more interesting way beyond the mini games.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
Playing Artful Escape and it's surprising how a visually spectacular game can actually be a little... boring? Maybe just not for me. I wish I could play the guitar in a more interesting way beyond the mini games.
Yeah, it's a helluva boring game which only strong suit is the audiovisual experience.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017

Haha fair enough! I do enjoy the occasional narrrative game like night in the woods, but not my thing overall.

Yeah this was another one I had to bail on. Thought it was gonna be like sayonara wild hearts.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
+1 to "Awful" Escape, dropped that later than I should have, around half way. So boring and story (or rather characters, etc) didn't say anything to me. Had my fill of the graphics, didn't really enjoy audio.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
+1 to "Awful" Escape, dropped that later than I should have, around half way. So boring and story (or rather characters, etc) didn't say anything to me. Had my fill of the graphics, didn't really enjoy audio.

Graphics and Audio are 10/10 but the gameplay is pretty simple.

It's a short game too and an easy 1000GS.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
With all the critique, I still think it is one worth to try. But I also dropped it at some point.

Graphics and Audio are 10/10 but the gameplay is pretty simple.

It's a short game too and an easy 1000GS.

Yes absolutely it is worth trying out and deciding for oneself. I just add myself to the list of "this game is subjectively not for me". It is very polished and visually stunning and audio design and music (and story) can be many people's cup of tea, just not mine. The game is quite well done imo, and not a bad experience... just a bad not fun "game".

I disliked audio design and music though, having the guitar make all those shreds all the time was really exhausting to me.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
Glad, I played The Last Stop earlier. Had to pause it after two episodes and picked it up later.
Very well written game, although the gameplay wasn't very fun, the encounters and dialogues were. And I am always glad to the hear the soothing voice of John Hopkins (HITMAN, Ryse: Son of Rome).
Took me 6 hours to get through, too. Ending is bonkers.

The Artful Escape did not have the emotional impact that one of the trailers had. It literally gave me butterflies in my stomach during one part of the trailer.
The game did not. It was still great to look at and listen to but all in all the story was just alright the gameplay was meh. It would've been better if the game was shorter. And according to my 52 games in 52 months challenge list, it already only took me 3.9 hours ... phew ...

Status
Not open for further replies.