Status
Not open for further replies.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Anyone on PC here? I can no longer resize the Xbox GP app window. It never remembers it's size or position. So annoying.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
First half of 2023 is stacked. Assuming the ABK deal closes late 2022/early 2023, you have: Starfield, Redfall, Forza Motorsport, Diablo IV, Stalker 2 and Wo Long in the first 6 months. Having just two of those would be a great first half, the fact there are 6+ must haves for me is insane.

This doesn't even count other third parties like RE4, Dead Space, and Jedi: Survivor.

16bitnova

Oct 28, 2017
You can still play your games, but you need to go into Network settings and turn on "Offline mode". Otherwise the console still thinks it's online and keeps trying to check your licenses. It's one of the more bizarre quirks of the Xbox.
That's the strange thing. I tried that as well and still didn't work. Hopefully it's up and running for her today.

Nov 7, 2017
This game is pretty fun but I agree with you the whispers are weird. I'd get it if it happened seldomly but damn shes whispering non-stop after anyone says anything at all. Super annoying lol
I actually love the whispering - reminds me of Dune for some reason. Cool game, I'm super impressed, though I can't master the drifting. I get real GC Rogue Squadron and Descent vibes from it. Just a heads up incase anyone runs into audio issues in the cut scenes, I switched my XSS from using DTS audio to uncompressed and now it works.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
finished disc room, its pretty cool and the whole dying from chainsaw discs gets pretty wild. there were some frustating moments with the hitboxes that lead to some deaths that im not sure should have counted but it i liked, it took a little under 3 hours so that's another reason to recommend it.

now i think ill play chorus but ill wait for tomorrow's game pass tuesday that may or may not give us a surprise drop at Jun 13, 2022 at 8:00 PM.

edit: sadly we live in the darkest timeline and it doesnt seem to be any new drop.

Last edited:

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Danganronpa 2 is an amazing experience on xcloud. Zero latency, touch controls. It's everything I would want as a father to a newborn. I can play while she's sleeping away from the television. It sucked not having touch controls for Danganronpa 1 (at the time I played it). But now… I'm enjoying this so much.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
Danganronpa 2 is an amazing experience on xcloud. Zero latency, touch controls. It's everything I would want as a father to a newborn. I can play while she's sleeping away from the television. It sucked not having touch controls for Danganronpa 1 (at the time I played it). But now… I'm enjoying this so much.
Are the touch controls a basic controller layout or contextual?

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017

They are a basic controller layout, slightly transparent, laid over top of the screen (on my iPhone). On the right of the screen is a slightly transparent diamond for ABXY buttons. On the left of the screen there's the left stick and dpad. Etc. Other important buttons are placed in the corners (such as the Xbox equivalent of the select button).

There are some really weird and unexpected features that I've noticed. For some reason I'm able to touch along the bottom of my screen to advance dialogue. It's as if hitting the bottom of the screen simulates hitting the A button. I don't know if that's intentional, but it's very welcome. Also, somehow I'm able to move the in-game cursor with my finger. I would have expected that the ONLY way to move the in-game cursor is with the virtual left stick overlaid on top of the screen. But nope, I can also move it with my finger, no matter where the cursor is on the screen!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

They are a basic controller layout, slightly transparent, laid over top of the screen (on my iPhone). On the right of the screen is a slightly transparent diamond for ABXY buttons. On the left of the screen there's the left stick and dpad. Etc. Other important buttons are placed in the corners (such as the Xbox equivalent of the select button).

There are some really weird and unexpected features that I've noticed. For some reason I'm able to touch along the bottom of my screen to advance dialogue. It's as if hitting the bottom of the screen simulates hitting the A button. I don't know if that's intentional, but it's very welcome. Also, somehow I'm able to move the in-game cursor with my finger. I would have expected that the ONLY way to move the in-game cursor is with the virtual left stick overlaid on top of the screen. But nope, I can also move it with my finger, no matter where the cursor is on the screen!

I tried the Nonary Escape games yesterday and so far 999 is actually full touch controls on my phone. Somehow you can just touch objects in the background to interact with them, control the menus and everything via touch, no need to use even virtual buttons. Very suited for the games' style. I wish there were more games with this feature, point and clicks, strategy, cards, etc.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Why are the missions in Chorus so long?

I don't think it lets you save mid mission as well so you need to put 90mins to 2 hours aside just to have enough time to get to the end of a single bloody mission

I'm enjoying the game otherwise

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
I hope we get some more info soon on what other Ubisoft games will be coming to Game Pass and when. I'd love to play Immortals Fenyx Rising, Watch Dogs 2, the South Park games, etc.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France

I don't think it lets you save mid mission as well so you need to put 90mins to 2 hours aside just to have enough time to get to the end of a single bloody mission

I never noticed long missions (maybe because I use Quick Resume). What bothers me if the too much dialogues sometimes when you're in the middle of something. The game started slow but once you have the ability to jump and drift it's a joy to play.

vgp

Oct 31, 2017

I never noticed long missions (maybe because I use Quick Resume). What bothers me if the too much dialogues sometimes when you're in the middle of something. The game started slow but once you have the ability to jump and drift it's a joy to play.
Well this is lowering my expectations on the game as I like short sessions and dialogues are not my cup of tea if it's not in a narrative game.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Well this is lowering my expectations on the game as I like short sessions and dialogues are not my cup of tea if it's not in a narrative game.

It is quite narrative heavy, and it is an open world game

You can probably get around the long missions with quick resume. I never use that as I'm an old man and it never occurs to me

The missions have fair checkpoints, but that makes it more annoying that it dumps you back to the start of the whole mission if you exit mid mission

I'm having a good time with it otherwise

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of Chorus anyone else having controller issues? I'm using PS4 controller. the left stick is fine, but the right stick has whacked out controls. If I move the right stick to left, the ship accelerates and if I move it to right, it stops. Up makes it roll left, and down makes it roll right. Essentially my x and y axes are reversed on my right stick. And there's no way to fix this from menu options it seems like. Anyone had similar issues?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I have no idea how you drift in Chorvs. I fumbled my way through the bit you first "learn" how to do it with great difficulty (without doing any drifting). I am enjoying the game mostly though despite not really liking flying games. There's something about this game that's hooked me in though (maybe it's because it doesn't seem so tricky manoeuvring (except the drift, but mainly haven't even encountered a use there)). Graphically its fantastic however, the skybox and details scenery is usually very pleasant on the eyes.

Also is there a problem with that game and achievements popping? Sometimes it works but a couple of days they haven't. I played for a bit yesterday and never got a single achievement pop only to find out today that I fucking got 10 altogether :/

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea how you drift in Chorvs. I fumbled my way through the bit you first "learn" how to do it with great difficulty (without doing any drifting). I am enjoying the game mostly though despite not really liking flying games. There's something about this game that's hooked me in though (maybe it's because it doesn't seem so tricky manoeuvring (except the drift, but mainly haven't even encountered a use there)). Graphically its fantastic however, the skybox and details scenery is usually very pleasant on the eyes.

Also is there a problem with that game and achievements popping? Sometimes it works but a couple of days they haven't. I played for a bit yesterday and never got a single achievement pop only to find out today that I fucking got 10 altogether :/

The mandatory drifting may make me quit if it keeps up. Maybe it's easier on a controller, but it's hard as hell with a mouse.

oni-link

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Drift is most useful in combat for turning around quickly, just hit drift and turn and you'll do a quick U turn

Tbh I've found all the tutorials pretty bad, and the UI can be confusing in terms of identifying objectives etc

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain

They do a poor job of explaining it, in a really tight space. It's extremely useful for maneuvering and dogfighting, though. The main thing to remember is unlike Mario Kart, there is no friction.

Press and hold LB, and while you are holding it, your thrusters cease to have any effect whatsoever. So, whatever direction and velocity you had when you started pressing LB continues indefinitely. Any motion with the right stick will no longer move you in a curve, but simply rotate your view.

It may look like you are curving when you turn with LB down, but you are not. For example, aim at an item like credits, hold LB, and turn your ship 90 degrees. You will collect the item, but be looking in a different direction. This is how the tutorial is supposed to operate — you launch your ship straight, hold the button, and just pivot and aim on your axis.

Once you release the button, your thrusters immediately start to operate again. You can use this to make right angle turns or even move back and forth on a straight line.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Hadn't heard of Chorus at all, sounds good! Also stoked to play Disc Room, tried the demo awhile back and it was really fun.

Bitterman

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Is AI : THE SOMNIUM FILES really all it's hyped up to be ? I played an hour and while nothing stood out to be bad, nothing really impressed me either. I guess, they'd be just laying the foundation and doing character-building for a good while.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Feel like I'm near the end of Greedfall. The loop is pretty apparent now and they really needed to make fast travel spots closer to the well-trafficked areas. However, I set up the pieces the way I wanted them to fall and it feels like the end is right around the corner. Time to beat is pretty disingenuous on the game as it seems to be if you mainline the story missions which wouldn't get your faction ratings high enough for the good endings.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Is AI : THE SOMNIUM FILES really all it's hyped up to be ? I played an hour and while nothing stood out to be bad, nothing really impressed me either. I guess, they'd be just laying the foundation and doing character-building for a good while.

It depends on if you're a fan of visual novels and these kinds of point and click games in the first place. I think if you like other Spike Chunsoft games like Danganronpa and Zero Escape, you should stick it out.

I agree that the story takes a long time to click with Somnium Files. But the more you uncover and play through branching paths, the more the pieces start to click together, and the more rewarding the experience becomes. You will experience epiphanies galore - and it's a seriously good feeling when you encounter your own epiphanies in this game. When I say "epiphany" I don't mean that the game hands you the epiphany on a silver platter, but through playing multiple branches, you'll start to envision in your mind how everything fits together.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Considering Turtles is out tomorrow, I'd be surprised if there wasn't some kind of announcement later today.

I guess they could theoretically do it early tomorrow morning, though. We do know a handful of games for the rest of June already:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
Shadowrun Trilogy
Naraka Bladepoint
Escape Academy

vgp

Oct 31, 2017
I'm going to play a bit of hitman trilogy. It's not my type of game so I know I will play it only a few hours just to discover a bit the game and beautiful places.
Knowing that I will play only a few levels, which one do you recommand me ? Which one has the most impressive first levels ?

Joffy

Oct 30, 2017
I'm going to play a bit of hitman trilogy. It's not my type of game so I know I will play it only a few hours just to discover a bit the game and beautiful places.
Knowing that I will play only a few levels, which one do you recommand me ? Which one has the most impressive first levels ?

You can pick any level any time so the best for me are hitman 1 - sapienza, hitman 2 - Miami and hitman 3 - Dartmoor. Probably worth playing the tutorial first though to get to grips

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I keep trying to install AC Origins on PC, and it jumps me over to the Ubisoft app, but nothing changes? I see that AC Odyssey is on sale for $9, but shouldn't it be a free download because of Gamepass? Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: restarted the Ubisoft app and of course it worked lmao. Complaining on the internet always does the job!

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In addition to all the ones mentioned in this thread, I'd also recommend the first level of the first game, Paris.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
Isn't Shredder's Revenge out Friday?

Buy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge | Xbox

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge reunites Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael as they kick shell in a bodacious, beautifully realized side scrolling beat ’em up invoking the Turtles’ legendary 1987 design and paying homage to classic TMNT games like Turtles In Time.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
FVEluxXXwAA8tr0.jpg

I hadn't seen this chart before, but damn. Looking great.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
Status
Not open for further replies.