vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Is the oblivion remaster internal or is it a third party job? Cause Bethesda needs to ship that F4 upgrade goddammit. I need it
Fallout 4 will prob come closer to April around TV show time. It's gonna come to everywhere Fallout 4 already shipped to.

No clue about any Fallout remaster if it's still in the works or if it ship this year or even what platforms it will go to.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
The point is people keep making cracks about not seeing extended gameplay of HB2 yet the second trailer is literally a 6 minute gameplay sequence lol.

I think people just thought it was a long cutscene because of how good it looks. There are obviously sections where the camera control is taken away but also clearly lots of sections that show the character being controlled. It's labelled as a gameplay reveal yet people don't think it's gameplay lol.
i think also a full 10min gameplay segment doesnt show well for the game. If its like Hellblade 1.
Just miss so much when you are not playing yourself with sound, tension etc. Think how they did the last trailer its the best way to show the game

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Hope we get some decent gameplay of Indy - very curious to see what route they have taken.

NuKER

Dec 15, 2017
Portugal
Is there any information about indy? I mean, if it's open world or semi like the last Tomb Raider games or more linear like Uncharted?

Doub

Nov 11, 2020
Really curious about the oxyde game didn't see this annoucement, people who worked on civ 5, color me interested !
Same for Indy, I want to see if Machine games will do the lasso justice or not but if there's a team who can do the franchise justice it's them. I just hope it's more than a wolfstein reskin

Is there any information about indy? I mean, if it's open world or semi like the last Tomb Raider games or more linear like Uncharted?
Would be surprised if it's third person (in a good way). With the studio pedigree and for efficiency of reusing their pipelines it's probably first person

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
You sure you aren't thinking of Blade? Arkane outright came out and said, on stage, that Blade is third person. We haven't seen any statement from MG that Indy is third person.
but also not stated its first person.
So just wait and see,
Just because they only made FP before doesnt mean its always
Just like Guerilla games from Killzone to Horizon. Or Respawn from Titanfall to Jedi.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I'm excited to finally see this Indy game. In my head it's just Uncharted with a leather jacket, hat and whip.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Whether the Indy game is first or third person, I don't care. I'm always down for a globe trotting adventure.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
It is almost as if Microsoft just needed time to get their pipeline in order.
2023 was always going to be the first year in what was going to be a generation when they showed they were serious about gaming.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to the avalanche of "Welp, I'm out" posts if it's revealed that the Indy game is first-person XD

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Nah but seriously though, it would be fun to see a new massive AAA title that is just a classic point-and-click adventure with barely-any combat.
It's not quite AAA (definitely AA) but the Frogwares Sherlock Holmes games are probably the closest thing you'll get to that.

Nick Baker (Xbox Era founder) said his sources indicated that it would have both.
Hmm, isometric Indy confirmed then

Joo

May 25, 2018
Excited to see them all! Hoping for a third person Indy
It is almost as if Microsoft just needed time to get their pipeline in order.
2023 was always going to be the first year in what was going to be a generation when they showed they were serious about gaming.
Just enjoy the games now man, no reason to always steer the focus on something like this

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
Excited to see them all! Hoping for a third person Indy

Just enjoy the games now man, no reason to always steer the focus on something like this
This is me enjoying what they are doing.

Pointing out that for years this is what some of us said would happen. Some of us are happy, and satisfaction is something that is happening.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Indy is probably first person with maybe third person stuff for conversations/takedowns/environmental interactions etc to show off the character a bit more. Melee can work in first person just fine, see stuff like Riddick, Condemned, Zeno Clash etc.
It's not like melee in Uncharted or Tomb Raider was very technical, in those it's just mash attack to win or do a takedown if you haven't been noticed.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to Avowed most! Indy is cool, but I have no expectations set, and as much as I want to play HB2, I am at the point where I just want the game to come out.

That said, I do enjoy Ninja Theory dev kids.

Really curious about Avowed's systems and story. I've always wanted more Living Lands lore, so this should be good.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the last dev direct. The presentation was solid so I will tune in for this one, especially for Avowed

Mar 19, 2021
On South of Midnight, do we have any indication that the game will be good? Compulsion's previous games don't exactly inspire confidence although it does look cool and those were prior to the acquisition by MS.

Hazuki_X

Dec 11, 2021
Weren't there rumours of them shadow dropping something like they did last year with hi fi rush? Hmmm

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
First person games have always been my preference but in the case of Indy and for what would suit Xbox's needs best in this day and age I really hope this is a third person game.

With Halo, CoD, DOOM, Starfield, Elder Scrolls, Fallout etc they've got the first person genre SUPER well covered. With Fable, Hellblade 2, Blade, and Indy they'd have built up a great stable of third person games too.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Eesh, I don't need to see any more of Hellblade 2. I don't think it's as bad as Deathloop got, but it's still reaching "whatever, I'll play it when it comes out, I really don't need to see any more of it" levels for me.

Excited to see what Machine Games has done with Indy, though.

JGrdnsn

May 1, 2023
I hope the Hellblade II segment has quality bits of gameplay and a release date (or at least a season and reaffirmation that it'll release this year, dammit), but I actually like how often they show behind the scenes segments for it after some more thought.

Appreciation from the outside is always fickle and short-lived so if Ninja Theory takes pride in their process and wants to shine light on it/the people behind it then they should whenever the opportunity arises.

I was a big fan of how last year's Developer_Direct was formatted and flowed and this is a great lineup of content so I'm way more excited for this than I expected to be. On my birthday too 🔥

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't there rumours of them shadow dropping something like they did last year with hi fi rush? Hmmm

Some folks thought we might get DoubleFine's Kiln. It was originally in development ages ago, shelved so the team could focus on Psychonauts 2.

I'm not sure a shadow drop is the most effective way to set a game up for success, so I'm kind of hoping we don't see that again.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
Although I'm a Ninja Theory fanboy... even I know Hellblade isn't for everyone.

That being said, I kind of hold MachineGames up there with top developers that come through. Their Indiana Jones game might be the one that stands out over all MS' other games. Released, or just announced. I expect it to be the total package. (Excluding multiplayer)

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Indy: Curious, but sceptical because Machine Games makes bad games (sorry, really hated all the new Wolfenstein games). It's also very hard to top the Uncharted series which were basically the action-adventure Indiana Jones games we always wanted. This apparently being first-person also gives me some question marks? Good to finally see it live.

Avowed: Very interested, still sucks that this is Skyrim-like now instead of top-down like the other Pillars of Eternity games. But Obsidian is still some of the best CRPG makers around. Outer Worlds will be forgiven if this delivers.

Ara: I sleep.

Hellblade 2: Hope to see some GOOD gameplay at last. We all know that the graphics will be great.

Brrandon

Dec 13, 2019
Excited as hell for HB2 but sick of behind the scenes stuff. Gimme uninterupted gameplay segment with a lot of combat please.