Status
Not open for further replies.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
No idea what article you saw that from, but a lot of those "salary" articles are outright false. Dave has talked about it quite a few times, but the numbers mentioned in those articles are completely off base, and "much lower than what they are actually paid". I know there was hub-bub about Asuka only making $250k per year according to several of those articles, but in reality she was making significantly more than that, according to Dave.

Wish I knew exactly where they were pulling those salaries from. Also good to see how updated it is what with Curt Hawkins being listed on Sportlister there.
WWE talent have a contracts that have a downside guarantee, which is what is more commonly reported as a "salary".

WWE talent can and usually do make more as they receive pay based on gates, merchandise, TV/PPV revenue, ect. Jim Ross for example has talked about how during the Attitude he had over a dozen folks who were making north of $1M a year.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I feel like the people that get cut at this point are not going to be major players. I can't imagine WWE wants to let anyone go that might be an asset in AEW.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Wyatt is like a Vince Russo where he really need someone in charge to filter his weird "creativity".

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
They signed so many fucking people when HHH took over, and barely any of them are being used in any meaningful way.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
the idea that wyatt could get cut again is insane

but the chances aren't 0% so

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
the idea that wyatt could get cut again is insane

but the chances aren't 0% so
samoa-joe.vresize.350.350.medium.89.png

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

He's going through some injury or illness which sounds very similar to what happened to him before he was released over a year ago or so.

www.wrestlinginc.com

Matt Hardy Sends Love To Bray Wyatt Amidst Reports Of Illness And Rumors Of Departure - Wrestling Inc.

AEW star Matt Hardy, who held tag team gold with Bray Wyatt in WWE, sends Twitter love to his former partner amidst rumors he is dealing with an illness.

Hit Row will most likely be gone, same goes for Kross.

Hit row is whatever but Kross getting cut again would be a damn shame. Dude has the killer heel look and all, also a great valet/manager combination

Too bad the two wwe heavyweight titles are held by the same person for such a long time.

Gunther a heel holds the intercontinental title and they are pushing Austin theory with the us title too.

I don't even think he has a match for WM so this pretty much sucks….

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I havent been watching. Is Strowman doin anything besides bein toxic to the lockerroom and internet these days? Is he just redundant to Omos or whatever giant theyvlike this months role?

All for seein shitbags who can only run in a circle to choo choo sounds off the air tbh.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Bray gets released but they keep uncle howdy. I assumed a mass firing would only happen if they weren't selling to the Saudis and Vince was back. Halfway there.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be honest. The whole uncle howdy shit while bein cryptic and fun to look for felt more like him transferring his role to someone else tbh. Folks didnt want a change. They wanted The Fiend to return. They wanted their modern Undertaker-esque unstoppable monster in the roster again.

They got allusions to someone else and a tease of maybe a faction that just isnt goin anywhere fast enought to care. Maybe they had hoped itd be a whole Uncle Howdy and friends faction fulfilling something sorta like mexicos whole monster clowns faction role and The Fiend would feud with them all the time once it was setup so theyd have a monster segment to use again. Someone like Vincent as Howdy coulda worked for that given his characters similarities to Bray. Been a Kane and Taker style vibe if done right and they couldve ran them in angles a bunch.

I dunno. Just meandering shit that started neat and went nowhere fun in the end. Shoulda just showed up as The Fiend and just fucked people up from the get go.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Hmm... if I were Vince HHH for a day who would I cut?

Bray Wyatt, Bronson Reed, Candace LeRae, Emma, Hit Row, Lacey Evans, Madcap Moss, Nikki Cross, Piper Niven, Scarlett

Yeah, you'd piss off Gargano and Kross by cutting their SOs, but who cares?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I havent been watching. Is Strowman doin anything besides bein toxic to the lockerroom and internet these days? Is he just redundant to Omos or whatever giant theyvlike this months role?

All for seein shitbags who can only run in a circle to choo choo sounds off the air tbh.

He's in a tag team with Ricochet now unless they dropped that too 😂

I'll be honest. The whole uncle howdy shit while bein cryptic and fun to look for felt more like him transferring his role to someone else tbh. Folks didnt want a change. They wanted The Fiend to return. They wanted their modern Undertaker-esque unstoppable monster in the roster again.

They got allusions to someone else and a tease of maybe a faction that just isnt goin anywhere fast enought to care. Maybe they had hoped itd be a whole Uncle Howdy and friends faction fulfilling something sorta like mexicos whole monster clowns faction role and The Fiend would feud with them all the time once it was setup so theyd have a monster segment to use again. Someone like Vincent as Howdy coulda worked for that given his characters similarities to Bray. Been a Kane and Taker style vibe if done right and they couldve ran them in angles a bunch.

I dunno. Just meandering shit that started neat and went nowhere fun in the end. Shoulda just showed up as The Fiend and just fucked people up from the get go.

This , huge void after Undertaker retired

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
He's in a tag team with Ricochet now unless they dropped that too 😂
Got a guy who cant do anything? Put him with a guy who can do everything I guess. Might work cept Braun talks so much shit on anyone whose not some gigantor like they're lesser wrestlers or something. I say if he thinks hes so amazing he should try getting over in the indies again. Maybe he'd learn hes only gonna look as good as the other guy makes him if he never learns how to tell a story on his own in the ring thats not a rerun.

Sorry. I just really feel the dude's a piece of shit with no respect for the business and an inflated ego because of the attention his size has always gotten him and his bank account.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
The company is about to be sold and Vince is back in control. A lot of people are likely to get released.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Got a guy who cant do anything? Put him with a guy who can do everything I guess. Might work cept Braun talks so much shit on anyone whose not some gigantor like they're lesser wrestlers or something. I say if he thinks hes so amazing he should try getting over in the indies again. Maybe he'd learn hes only gonna look as good as the other guy makes him if he never learns how to tell a story on his own in the ring thats not a rerun.

Sorry. I just really feel the dude's a piece of shit with no respect for the business and an inflated ego because of the attention his size has always gotten him and his bank account.

I heard all about that prior to his release but haven't heard anything lately, is he still going on about all that?

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
The company is about to be sold and Vince is back in control. A lot of people are likely to get released.
Wasn't there that report that HHH was "disappointed" with some of the boys he brought back? They'd be prime candidates.
I feel like the people that get cut at this point are not going to be major players. I can't imagine WWE wants to let anyone go that might be an asset in AEW.
Eh with WWE going private would they really care about that as much as they used to?

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I heard all about that prior to his release but haven't heard anything lately, is he still going on about all that?
He has moments of random shit posting. He's deletes them. Honestly the whole control your narrative thing with him seems to have inflated his ego and since he can't out wrestle anyone or out talk anyone he just sorta gets full of himself at random now, shitposts, gets buried in seconds by workhorses from everywhere including his own fed and then deletes his stuff. CYN wasn't even good heat and if anything it seems to have just made EC3 and Braun less usable to bookers imo cause they know people aren't as cool jobbin to em as they once were.
Wasn't there that report that HHH was 'disappointed' with some of the boys they brought back? They'd be prime candidates.
Honestly I feel like Bronson Reed is just sorta circling right now. He was a bigger deal as Jonah imo. He was great in New Japan. He's just sorta there now that hes back. Honestly any group you add him too immediatly has its enforcer that gets to stand around and freight train guys for the beat downs so if they can't think of a singles story then tie him to a group. He'd work about anywhere.

Last edited:

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017

WWE dropped the ball when they released Aleister Black. He's the exactly type of guy you want in that role, not Bray Wyatt, because he's capable of delivering awesome matches that can genuinely elevate talent and stories in loss.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
oof. I guess it's back to the norm since Vince is back.

The cut list would just be the wrestlers who came back while Vince was out.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
HHH signed so many talent back that he has either done next to nothing with, or booked like absolute shit. When you are actively trying to sell you want to be as lean as possible, so this isn't surprising. Also, fuck Vince/WWE

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I know they're maintaining that Trips still has the creative book, but presumably nobody would believe for a second that Vince would give him final say on who gets fired.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... if I were Vince HHH for a day who would I cut?

Bray Wyatt, Bronson Reed, Candace LeRae, Emma, Hit Row, Lacey Evans, Madcap Moss, Nikki Cross, Piper Niven, Scarlett

Yeah, you'd piss off Gargano and Kross by cutting their SOs, but who cares?
His recent re-hirings won't get cut, hunter won't hurt his "nxt children". Plus they're paid dime. I'm guessing some of the "decaders" will be cut, they're paid too much money and they're getting old. Since the tweet says "threy're preparing the life outside WWE", they could be talent who are not looking for wrestling career anymore. Rey, Ziggler, The Miz, Sheamus to be "retired" is my guess.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
His recent re-hirings won't get cut, hunter won't hurt his "nxt children". Plus they're paid dime. I'm guessing some of the "decaders" will be cut, they're paid too much money and they're getting old. Since the tweet says "threy're preparing the life outside WWE", they could be talent who are not looking for wrestling career anymore. Rey, Ziggler, The Miz, Sheamus to be "retired" is my guess.

Rey sure

Ziggler maybe

The Miz - I can't see happening , same with sheamus

I can see Randy orton and Matt riddle getting released

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Rey sure

Ziggler maybe

The Miz - I can't see happening , same with sheamus

Bella twins being let go might suggest The Miz could share the same fate. He's being paid a 7 figured salary and no longer an attraction he once was. Company right now has better "the miz" type characters than the Miz himself, like LA Knight or Sami Zayn. He's an unnecessary liability.

If Roman really leaves WWe for Hollywood, overpaid The Usos are most likely getting cut too. They're just too problematic and WWE has a brand new Uso to push.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Riddle's been such a mess, I could see them releasing him rather than continuing to hope he gets his shit back together. He already violated the wellness policy, which they had to publicly change in order to justify keeping him.

Miz isn't going anywhere, and Sheamus sure as hell isn't. That'd be nuts.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
Miz and Sheamus would be crazy cuts. With Miz you'd lose a guy who can fill 20-30 minutes of TV time every week doing his middling but adaptable heel schick, and in Sheamus you lose a guy you can reliably put out a 3-4 star match at a moments notice, not to mention one of your most notable European stars when you're in the middle of pushing the international aspect of your brand.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
LMAO at the thought of Orton or Mix getting released.

Orton as far as I'm aware hasn't done anything recently to break the wellness policy, that shit was years ago. He is currently injured and was at one of his most popular moments of his career before he left and so they aren't going to get rid of him if he is able to come back.

Miz is also one of their most trusted Wrestlers and has big cross over appeal outside of wrestling.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Miz is one of the top guys they use for PR events and whatnot. He has a job there for life even once his in-ring career winds down.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Miz isn't going anywhere, and Sheamus sure as hell isn't. That'd be nuts.
Orton and Miz are never getting released.
He's overpaid and there's no danger of WWE losing The Miz to any rival promotion. If not a full release, they might decrease The Miz's salary and move him onto different position. He's already having fewer matches than ever.
Rey, Orton, Miz, Sheamus, Usos being cut? what the hell am I reading.
Rey is getting into Hall of Fame this year, suggesting a retirement. WWE did not renew the legends contract for Bellas. These are not surprising at all, if they're really looking into "offloading" the company. There's no gain in cutting the small fish, especially when there's no Johnny Ace around to do that.

UmbranUndying

Feb 20, 2022
Miz isn't going anywhere. He's an in-roads to other industries and may have pretty good odds at an eventual renewal of he and his wife's reality show. Even when he's done in-ring he's got something to offer WWE. Sheamus/Orton is also very unlikely. Riddle is a solid guess, and I wouldn't be surprised at Dolph Ziggler.

I could see the Usos potentially if it felt like WWE gave a damn about their history of indiscretion. I really don't think they care and as long as they don't do anything PR can no longer turn a blind eye to, they're basically lifers too.

Bray is a big question mark. I could honestly see his issues, whatever they are, once again being seen as too disruptive to their programming to entertain. It'd be one of the crazier releases in a while considering they just got him back, though.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Just catching up, so a bunch of releases are coming again? I can see a bunch of folks they just got back being released, weren't there reports that some of those folks didn't hit the road running like was hoped when they got back?

As for Orton and Miz, I don't see it. Miz is a big crossover area for WWE where he does other stuff easily with reality tv or stuff like dancing with the stars and such. WWE loves those kind of mainstream things being linked to their product and the Miz doesn't have any old scandals or anything I'm aware of that could bring bad attention to those kind of crossovers when he's involved.

Orton I don't think they'll ever cut, he's far from interesting to me these days or for years honestly, but he's one of those names where they won't want him going elsewhere because he's a recognised name even now and wasn't he teasing AEW shit a few years back seemingly to boost his negotiating for his new WWE deal? I get that he's older now but I just don't see them letting someone else snap him up even today.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Miz is not going anywhere. They bothered to have him host wrestlemania since there's no program and has a reality show.

Shaemus is probably the most ever he's ever been been.

Randy is not going anywhere unless he chooses not to sign again.

Rey would be a legends contract.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Bella twins being let go might suggest The Miz could share the same fate. He's being paid a 7 figured salary and no longer an attraction he once was. Company right now has better "the miz" type characters than the Miz himself, like LA Knight or Sami Zayn. He's an unnecessary liability.

If Roman really leaves WWe for Hollywood, overpaid The Usos are most likely getting cut too. They're just too problematic and WWE has a brand new Uso to push.

Bella Twins haven't been in a WWE show for years.

One of their spouses is in AEW and the other one doesn't have John cena as a SO who clearly was the reason why she lasted for so long in the first place - that and their step father was fired from WWE a year ago for sexual misconduct when Vince was forced to "retire".

The Miz is hosting WM, has been frequently shown in segments and literally came out from season 3 of his show less than a year ago.

LA Knight looks like he has the chance to get let go unfortunately due to his age and lack of as much - he's pretty much a jobber now.

Roman will likely leave for sure but I doubt that wwe will let go of the Usos, their family has so much of a hold and the fact that their tag team reigns are the longest , I can't see them leaving.

They are problematic but if wwe really cared, would have axed them long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.