• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you want to play as not-Samus?

• Yes, I think it would add depth to the franchise

Votes: 131 30.2%
  • No, Samus is Metroid for me

Votes: 303 69.8%

• Total voters

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure. I secretly hope MP4 stars Sylux instead of Samus just to see everyone's reaction.
Well the rumor is you play as Samus through the prelude. After a kick ass fight with Ridley, you awaken on a derelect vessel. As the view transitions from 1st person to 3rd we see we are in control of Sylux.

Deguello

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I know it isn't exactly what you are asking, OP, but Rogue Dawn is an insanely good Metroid rom hack where Samus is not the main character. Highly recommend.

I'm up for creative interpretations, but this reads like bad self-insert fanfiction with a little dose of that fanfic writer arrogance where they try to rewrite the canon. There's not a lot to the Metroid canon, but her having a secret sister (or clone?) and that sister-clone being really responsible for the Space Pirate's dominance is very much against it.

McNagah

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like people have already forgotten about Federation Force... Samus is the series for me to be honest and it feels like that removing her would strip away from being as powerful as you possibly can be in the Metroid series.

Extra Sauce

Oct 27, 2017
Being an illegitimate Samus clone trying to escape a fully powered Samus, after she is sent to eliminate the threat you seemingly represent... might be rad.

Though I guess I just ripped off Fusion.