Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Question: This is my first time back in a while; Can a high level character no longer boost a low level character in a dungeon anymore? My gf is level 50 and trying to boost my level 14 warrior in a dungeon and I'm not getting any XP. If we sync I get minimal XP but then all the mobs become level 51 for her.

Also my ret pally who I last played with on Lich King can't level past 30 for some reason? I should mention that the last expansion I bought was Legion which I played for like a week or so.

Boosting hasn't worked for a long time.

Matbtz

Oct 27, 2017
What is everyone planning to focus on when they jump in? Questing for lore? Race to gear up for heroics and the raid? Early PvP? Professions for AH gold making? Pet, mount, transmog collecting? Achievement hunting?

Personally I want to take my time questing and enjoying the lore. However, I also want to capitalize on the early Mining and Herbalism prices by selling as much of it as I can. Hoping to make a few million by the end of the year, and that all banks on selling these first few days. With the amount of mats you need for crafting, perhaps it'll last a few weeks.

I will focus on questing and lore, it could be pretty interesting this expansion !
I am not sure which character I will main for now, shaman for enhancement / rsham or my new Shadow priest / disc... I will level my druid and monk maybe later.

I think I will take dual gathering for my two character at first then take something like this I guess :
Alchemist / Herbo
Tailoring / Enchant

And I guess I'll do some casual PVP and M+

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Excited for the expansion, pandemic has allowed me for the 1st time ever get every single class to max. I used to main combat rogue but not a fan of where its gone recently. Now feral druid feels more combat rogue than combat rogue does rofl. Will prob main shadow priest and off feral druid. Fire mage and Fury Warrior are also fun. Tank I lean towards Blood DK and heals I love disc priest and have mained that the past two xpacs but nothing serious.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Hit 50 on my feral druid at a really fast pace, currently doing icecrown rares to gear up and the item drop rate kinda trash lol

its morning so people are starting groups with 10+ rares up, ive killed 20-30 and gotten 3 pieces of loot

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally unlocked Zanadalar trolls, but the way it flows is so disjointed lol. You have to do finish the Zandalar quest line and the war campaigns which result in Talanji being queen, then you can make a character. The intro then shows Talanji telling you to go to Orgrimmar as an ambassador of sorts. After which you're sent on a secret mission to rescue her from Stormwind, LOL.

The stormwind rescue scenario is the very beginning of BfA, it's not part of the zandalari unlock.

WoWHead put up their Best Covenant/Soulbind article.

It's formatted to show if a covenant is amazing, good, underwhelming, bad, etc. for any given class/spec.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319343...or-every-class-in-wow-shadowlands-now?webhook

It is very much worth keeping in mind that is likely to be in a serious amount of flux in the weeks immediately following launch.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
The stormwind rescue scenario is the very beginning of BfA, it's not part of the zandalari unlock.

It is very much worth keeping in mind that is likely to be in a serious amount of flux in the weeks immediately following launch.
Ion said in an interview that major changes to covenants will only be done with large content patches and give the option to players to switch without the 2 week questline. They will only tune down super broken things. He said it to wowhead specifically a couple of days ago.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Ion said in an interview that major changes to covenants will only be done with large content patches and give the option to players to switch without the 2 week questline. They will only tune down super broken things. He said it to wowhead specifically a couple of days ago.

I'm not saying I don't believe him, but I'm willing to bet we see exceptions/clarification of what's considered a "major" change within 2 weeks of the raid/pvp season opening.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not saying I don't believe him, but I'm willing to bet we see exceptions/clarification of what's considered a "major" change within 2 weeks of the raid/pvp season opening.
True, but you do need a covenant if you want to do any sort of endgame activities, no? Even if you make a choice that gets nerfed, staying without one means you do not have access to soulbinds and all the other borrowed power stuff.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
True, but you do need a covenant if you want to do any sort of endgame activities, no? Even if you make a choice that gets nerfed, staying without one means you do not have access to soulbinds and all the other borrowed power stuff.

Oh, I certainly wasn't implying anyone should just not choose a covenant. I was just saying that picking one purely based on relative balance as it stands right now comes with caveats.

Matbtz

Oct 27, 2017
Any Priests and or Shamans know which covenant they will be choosing ?

I much prefer the trasmog from Kyrian than for Venthyr for mail. Clothing from venthyr is ok comparing to Kyrian for a shadow priest I guess.
But ability wise I think I prefer the Kyrian one for priest and the Venthyr one for Shaman...

For now I think I'll choose Kyrian for my priest and Venthyr for my Sham but I guess I'll change my mind three times before having to choose !

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Also don't forget the cov give out diff things when it comes to professions.

• Kyrian: Pelagos - Cleansed Vestments - Tailoring and Enchantments
    [*]Necrolord: Bonesmith Heirmir - Bonesmith's Satchel - Ore and Gems
    [*]Night Fae: Niya - Nature's Splendor - Leather, Meat and Fish
    [*]Venthyr: Theotar the Mad Duke - Exquisite Ingredients - Herbs and Beverages(?)

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017

[*]Venthyr: Theotar the Mad Duke - Exquisite Ingredients - Herbs and Beverages(?)
And if I am not misremembering those satchels drop every hour from mobs. At least that's how long it toon on the beta.

Shotterke

Prophet of Regret
Oct 31, 2017
Belgium
Is AHK still allowed by Blizzard? My plan is to log on after work, start my AHK script so I don't get disconnected and take a nip till just before launch.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Is AHK still allowed by Blizzard? My plan is to log on after work, start my AHK script so I don't get disconnected and take a nip till just before launch.
Nope, even if it isn't broadcasting they detect it and ban you for it now. Even if you simply have it open. I've heard from some people they got banned just because it was installed on their machines

EDIT: I somehow misread that as HKN, which is banned. Don't know about AHK.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
one good thing about not being a "serious player" anymore (whatever that means) is that I don't have to worry about min maxing, and with this expansion in particular this would have driven me nuts:

I'm definitely not even going to choose covenant based on the abilities (let alone which is best for the class), it's definitely going to be based on these and what fits whatever class the better... as they initially seemed to indicate it WOULD BE (when they announced the expansion) >_>

Like, if I played Priest, particularly holy, like I have back in the day, there would be ZERO chance I wouldnt go Kyrian for that set+wings.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
EU ALLIANCE:
[Hidden content]

(Both of these communities are currently unmanaged as the previous manager no longer plays WoW. Please continue to use the ones available or DM me if you decide you'd like to reroll them and handle their moderation. I will get that info posted here!)

For what it's worth, I'm currently down as the moderator for the EU Alliance ResetERA community - I don't recall if that's because I created it or some sort of automated inheritance thing - but yeah, I very much do still play the game.

Not that there's usually anyone other than me online from the community! People are still quite welcome to drop in.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the big servers will go offline like they did for BFA launch. I remember Proudmoore and Zul'jin especially were offline for a while. Legion launch was much smoother.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the big servers will go offline like they did for BFA launch. I remember Proudmoore and Zul'jin especially were offline for a while. Legion launch was much smoother.
Woof. Thank god I jumped ship from Proudmoore ages ago I suppose. Still kinda miss the vanilla community from there though.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I feel more comfortable playing on Proudmoore/Alliance than anywhere else since it's the unofficial LGBT server and I find people are generally nicer and there's less Trump garbage in the chat. It's one of the reasons why I'm reluctant to switch to horde, because I have yet to find a horde equivalent.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I feel more comfortable playing on Proudmoore/Alliance than anywhere else since it's the unofficial LGBT server and I find people are generally nicer and there's less Trump garbage in the chat. It's one of the reasons why I'm reluctant to switch to horde, because I have yet to find a horde equivalent.
That's why I really loved it there.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so the pre-patch quest indicates not just Anduin but Jaina, Thrall and Baine were taken, is this actually shown anyware in game or is the Anduin cutscene the only one?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

For what it's worth, I'm currently down as the moderator for the EU Alliance ResetERA community - I don't recall if that's because I created it or some sort of automated inheritance thing - but yeah, I very much do still play the game.

Not that there's usually anyone other than me online from the community! People are still quite welcome to drop in.

cool, I'll update the post when I'm on my PC again, thanks!

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
I have actually been wondering how they are going to go about adding to these systems over the course of the xpac. All of these recent interviews clearly suggest they have no intention of adding new gameplay systems each patch like in BFA. Will the covenant campaigns continue? New rewards? Everything seems to have a definitive end in 9.0. I honestly wouldn't put it past them to even potentially add a 5th covenant in whatever patch zone we get.

I much prefer the trasmog from Kyrian than for Venthyr for mail. Clothing from venthyr is ok comparing to Kyrian for a shadow priest I guess.
But ability wise I think I prefer the Kyrian one for priest and the Venthyr one for Shaman...

For now I think I'll choose Kyrian for my priest and Venthyr for my Sham but I guess I'll change my mind three times before having to choose !
I am really torn between Necro Lords and Night Fae on my shadow priest. I don't care at all about which abilities are stronger, but the armorsets are both cool and I want to choose something I am not going to get bored of a year into the xpac.

so the pre-patch quest indicates not just Anduin but Jaina, Thrall and Baine were taken, is this actually shown anyware in game or is the Anduin cutscene the only one?
The cutscene implies it, but there is no explicit scene of them being taken.
Although very early on you do interact with them in the Maw

I am super hyped for SL, especially as a player that typically does solo/open world content and enjoys the lore. After the mess of BFAs story this time around it does seem much more polished up. Based on the little teases we have been given I am super pumped to see the patch content too.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I have actually been wondering how they are going to go about adding to these systems over the course of the xpac. All of these recent interviews clearly suggest they have no intention of adding new gameplay systems each patch like in BFA.

To be fair I don't think they actually planned that it for BfA either, they just had to because the system(s) at launch were dogshit and took multiple big bandaids to try to salvage. If that ends up the case with covenants too (god I hope not) we will probably see something similar.

B-Dubs

General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair I don't think they actually planned that it for BfA either, they just had to because the system(s) at launch were dogshit and took multiple big bandaids to try to salvage. If that ends up the case with covenants too (god I hope not) we will probably see something similar.
If something like that is needed, I don't think they'll add a system but subtract. The big thing is going to be balancing the covenant class abilities. I figure either they just pull the ripcord, so to say, and let us pick whatever ability we want if they can't make the balance work.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018

Yeah thats very true, hopefully the delay has given them the time they needed to prevent that from happening.

Oct 25, 2017
I'll​
I have actually been wondering how they are going to go about adding to these systems over the course of the xpac. All of these recent interviews clearly suggest they have no intention of adding new gameplay systems each patch like in BFA. Will the covenant campaigns continue? New rewards? Everything seems to have a definitive end in 9.0. I honestly wouldn't put it past them to even potentially add a 5th covenant in whatever patch zone we get.

I am really torn between Necro Lords and Night Fae on my shadow priest. I don't care at all about which abilities are stronger, but the armorsets are both cool and I want to choose something I am not going to get bored of a year into the xpac.

The cutscene implies it, but there is no explicit scene of them being taken.
Although very early on you do interact with them in the Maw

I am super hyped for SL, especially as a player that typically does solo/open world content and enjoys the lore. After the mess of BFAs story this time around it does seem much more polished up. Based on the little teases we have been given I am super pumped to see the patch content too.
What is out there regarding future patches?

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Excited for the expansion, pandemic has allowed me for the 1st time ever get every single class to max. I used to main combat rogue but not a fan of where its gone recently. Now feral druid feels more combat rogue than combat rogue does rofl. Will prob main shadow priest and off feral druid. Fire mage and Fury Warrior are also fun. Tank I lean towards Blood DK and heals I love disc priest and have mained that the past two xpacs but nothing serious.

That's awesome! I've also leveled a bunch of characters since the leveling squish, and I'm hoping I find the time to maintain all of them in Shadowlands. :D

AHK is allowed. Just don't do anything too naughty with it! :)

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017

So would it make sense to for example go tailoring if you were to pick Kyrian? Or does it not really matter.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017

It is still weird, because Kul Tiran skip the BfA intro for Alliance.

Makes sense. The character I created pre-patch did exiles reach so I guess he never saw the rescue quest. I didn't see it until I made my zandalar warrior lol

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I still can't find out is the runecarver recipes that come from raid if I can get them from LFR. I only do mythic casually but will want some of those legendaries eventually.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
will this be the de facto OT for wow for the next 2 years?

I think so? It will be moved to hangouts after a bit and continue there as the main WoW thread.

One thing I still can't find out is the runecarver recipes that come from raid if I can get them from LFR. I only do mythic casually but will want some of those legendaries eventually.

I believe they drop on all diffs, not sure how/if drop rate is effected.

Oct 25, 2017
I've found Wyrmrest Accord horde side to be pretty good for this kind of stuff. There are a lot of guilds that are LGBTQ friendly and I don't see nearly as much Trump bullshit in trade chat as I do on other servers. May be worth checking out :)

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
time to be a lonely alliance player again
51% of the player base is alliance side as per the last census

It's just that alliance players only turn on wpvp the first day of reset and drop it afterwards.

Because of that whenever I'm unlucky to get into an Alliance dominated shard, I get swarmed all the time because they're all stuffed in the same space (making their bonus advantage for beeing supposedly outnumbered super weird since Blizzard is making sure they never are)

I hope Blizzard fixed/will fix the sharding loophole that allows Ruin to, well, ruin the game

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Is it really worth bothering with these rare spawns at Icecrown? I got the 34 slot bag on my first one but honestly if the loot will be replaced during SL leveling anyway I don't know if I should bother. Supposedly there is a mount also?

Oct 25, 2017

I'm maining a resto shaman and will be progression raiding with my guild, so I'm 95% sure I'm going Necrolord. Primordial Wave is such a great ability that fills a gap in the resto shaman toolkit, whereas the Venthyr ability is yet another AOE heal. Primordial Wave is also excellent for elemental shamans in raids. Emeni as a soulbind is very strong, too. Plus, I'm going jewelcrafting/mining, which fits with Necrolord as well.

That said, Venthyr is pretty damn close and it sounds like chain harvest is fairly easy to use. I'd say to pick whichever fits the aesthetic you're going for if you're not going to be a mythic raider or pushing high keys.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
WoWHead put up their Best Covenant/Soulbind article.

It's formatted to show if a covenant is amazing, good, underwhelming, bad, etc. for any given class/spec.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=319343...or-every-class-in-wow-shadowlands-now?webhook

Bleh, all the edgelord covenants rate poorly for warlocks - with the sole exception of Demo with Necrolords. Reading the notes they apparently nuked the necrolords into awfulness in one of their "balancing" passes for the rest of the specs.
I'm not even going into this with a tryhard mindset yet I still feel bad about not going for optimal Covenant.

Status
Not open for further replies.