Votes: 247 34.9%
  • Venthyr

Votes: 191 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to Ardenweald, beautiful zone so far, but I've only dipped my toe in.

I quite liked the Maldraxxus story.

KnightOwl

Oct 25, 2017
Tried to play on Area 52 last night... Fell asleep waiting on a 3 hour queue... Guess I'm not going to be playing my horde toons for few days/weeks.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, I thought I was settled on Venthyr Paladin, but now I'm hearing the siren song of Night Fae...again.

And I'm not even out of Bastion yet...

SmashYoBuns

Banned
Dec 6, 2018
So I went night fae with my feral Druid because why wouldn't I? (Convoke the spirits is insane) I loved doing the intro quests to the covenant especially
seeing Yseras reaction to watching the history of your hero on Azeroth.
it had me cheesing big time and geeking out playing it all out. It was really well done and I'm loving the atmosphere and all.

Edit: On a side note are there any alliance era communities or people playing that I'd be able to group with to do dungeons, etc.?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Still avoiding spoilers but I'm popping in to say I finished Bastion last night and really enjoyed all of it. The music, art, all of it. I'm falling hard into this expansion so far.

I decided I didn't want to level without my dude at all so I'm more behind than I intended but it's fine. We're at 55.5 just having finished Bastion so we'll either hit 60 tonight when he's off work or tomorrow as we let the turkey cook. Looking forward to diving back in and discussing this experience with everyone but I've seen too many videos etc with spoilers posted in other places and I don't want to risk seeing anything here. I'm really enjoying not knowing what's happening next.

Anyway - I hope you're all having fun as well!

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I went night fae with my feral Druid because why wouldn't I? (Convoke the spirits is insane) I loved doing the intro quests to the covenant especially
seeing Yseras reaction to watching the history of your hero on Azeroth.
it had me cheesing big time and geeking out playing it all out. It was really well done and I'm loving the atmosphere and all.

Edit: On a side note are there any alliance era communities or people playing that I'd be able to group with to do dungeons, etc.?
Yep.

Night Fae is the best covenant.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
Probably enjoy the Venthyr looks / mogs the best but gone NightFae as it's the best for my old gnome mage.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Bastion looks so good. Had to pick them for my covenant.

WoWScrnShot_112520_142555.jpg

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
Relying on randoms to understand the meat hook mechanic in the first dungeon is not going well.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Everyone's getting stuck here:

bBB6S7B.png

Through The Fire And Flames quest. The sword has started spawning on a 5 min timer and is lootable by only one person, for some reason.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the hate for Ardenwald, I thought it was really good, and I a usually not into nature settings at all. the mage ability was great, too.
Revendreth looks awesome, too, so far. Still don't like Bastion and Oribos at all, though.

choosing a covenant will be super tough, though, argh.

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We are going really slow into this expansion, 2-3 hours each night and taking our time, so far it is an incredible well done expansion.
i just wish they'd remove the whole "horde vs alliance" thing, especially after the intro of theexpansion. Sostrong because of the dynamic with the characters.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
This expansion has a very different feel to it so far. It's probably the most serious by far, even moreso than Legion. It really feels a lot like Diablo at times.

Raxious

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I just bought Shadowlands and I'm already being screwed over with the servers being down. How in the actual fuck is Blizzard unable to keep their servers up, especially when you consider this is their 8th expansion. I am already regretting this purchase.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Man, I just bought Shadowlands and I'm already being screwed over with the servers being down. How in the actual fuck is Blizzard unable to keep their servers up, especially when you consider this is their 8th expansion. I am already regretting this purchase.

It's a pandemic and a holiday week, I'm surprised it's been *this* smooth.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing on Moon Guard and Wyrmrest Accord. Not a single server issue or queue since launch, and both servers are always at "full." I wonder what's causing certain servers to have such issues.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
I am so glad I went Venthyr as a DK. Door of shadows is just so godlike.

I just unlocked it and it seems nice, but I don't really like that it's a cast rather than an instant. What do you find godlike with it on DK? Does it allow skips in dungeons or things like that? I cannot test it anymore as I'm in an area where abilities are removed, but can you teleport through mobs without aggroing them?

Swarming Mist is really good though. Strong for either spamming heal or spamming aoe as unholy. I can see it be very powerful with BoS too.

I don't get the hate for Ardenwald, I thought it was really good, and I a usually not into nature settings at all. the mage ability was great, too.
Revendreth looks awesome, too, so far. Still don't like Bastion and Oribos at all, though.

choosing a covenant will be super tough, though, argh.

Ardenwald really surprised me. At first I thought it would be a cheerful/jesting area full of fairies, but it's actually the saddest zone of them all. I also love the aesthetic of it (specially the crazy high trees). And the ending with
Ysera
was so great.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I leveled to 60 so fast in Warmode (alliance 30%) before I even got to Revendreth. It was so empty and chill, I decided to keep WM on to finish out the campaign.

Last edited:

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I am starting to think that the covenant system will make me really never feel comfortable with this expansion. there are only wrong choices.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
Them releasing it in a holiday week was Blizzard's own decision though. It's funny how they can take my money in 5 seconds, but can't get their own shit together whenever it comes to EU servers.

It was also your decision to buy it. And if you think that the server that handles transactions is the same rack as the game servers, then I have a bridge to sell you...

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
whats with group finder removing normal dungeons from the specifics as you level up? weird. was gonna do a dungeon for the side quest but now only the heroic is available and im not that ilevel yet.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't knew anything about thorgast.

it's damn good, wow, really impressed, I can see myself spending a lot of time there.

Deleted member 18400

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a pandemic and a holiday week, I'm surprised it's been *this* smooth.

Well Blizzard intentionally chose a holiday week so that stupidity is on them.

And also, while I appreciate the difficulty of everything in the world right now. Making people wait 3-5 hours to play a game they paid money for EVERY single time they want to play is a bit absurd.

I expected queues and lag, but this shit has definitely gone to the end of the ridiculous spectrum prett quick.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Will hit 60 tonight, this is by far the slowest I have leveled and it's probably the fastest expansion to level in which is weird. Liking it so far but I can tell WoW has lost some appeal to me finally.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Revendreth is -gorgeous-. It's like all the Blizzard artists played Bloodborne and were like "yeah, we need that in our game."

Status
Not open for further replies.