Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Sauntering to my first full clear of Orgrimmar and the last enemy before Rexxar, with 350k hp... stuns/knockbacks me to death because I wanted to save my cooldowns to destroy Rexxar.

The levels of fume were quite high. The levels of absolute shame even higher. Live and learn.
FUCK THIS GAME

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Rexxar's area is the only one in Org where if you accidentally pull multiple groups you're probably dead. I was overcapped today so I did a Vision playing as greedy as possible, looting every chest and mailbox. Ended up using my rez in Rexxar's area because I pulled an extra pack trying to get out of the corruption thing that spawns around you. Was still able to finish it though.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
So I am new to WoW all together. Seems really overwhelming at first but I am having a blast. Just started this up and playing a Blood Elf Paladin and only a level 12 right now.

I have buddies who have played for years who are giving me tips but I going in mainly blind.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, someone hacking my account and cleaning out my banks would be a godsend

This Shaman is over a decade old and I have no idea what to even vendor anymore

alias bean

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm going to try my hand at tanking on a Demon Hunter. Mostly Mythic+, I have some extreme anxiety when it comes to tanking, so I think it's time to conquer that.

Are there any good guides or YouTube channels that show optimal pulls for each dungeon? Being over prepared will hopefully help with the anxiety.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to try my hand at tanking on a Demon Hunter. Mostly Mythic+, I have some extreme anxiety when it comes to tanking, so I think it's time to conquer that.

Are there any good guides or YouTube channels that show optimal pulls for each dungeon? Being over prepared will hopefully help with the anxiety.
Wowhead has some dungeon specific guides that show packs with screenshots: https://www.wowhead.com/guides/ataldazar-mythic-plus-route-dungeon-tips

Peak of Serenity, though focused on Brewmasters, has dungeon guides that break down almost every relevant ability, though they are from earlier in the expansion and may be outdated in places based on nerfs. https://www.peakofserenity.com/bfa/brewmaster/dungeons/

If you don't already have an addon that shows the percentage amount each mob is worth on tooltips, like Angry Keystones, I'd get that. Also Method Dungeon Tools can show you the map and the mobs so you can plan a route beforehand: https://www.method.gg/dungeontools. Also useful to look at after a run if you think you missed something or weren't efficient in percentage to the level you'd like. It's on the Twitch client, too, but just linked their website.

The Season 4 10+ affix will change some of that, but those should get you started. Just knowing what packs are dangerous and how much percentage is available from where is 90 percent of getting used to tanking M+. That allows you to improvise more comfortably based on different groups and what people are comfortable with.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
OK, so say they have no surprise plans to drop the faction wall and stun us all in Shadowlands. Is it out of the realm of possibility to include some kind of mechanic that allows you to betray your faction temporarily and 'contract' out to the opposing faction, enabling you to group up for PvE content? They did this for PvP, right?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
OK, so say they have no surprise plans to drop the faction wall and stun us all in Shadowlands. Is it out of the realm of possibility to include some kind of mechanic that allows you to betray your faction temporarily and 'contract' out to the opposing faction, enabling you to group up for PvE content? They did this for PvP, right?

There's Mercenary mode for PVP but I don't think I've ever heard them comment on the possibility of doing that for PVE. It might take some work but I suppose it's possible though.

BigTastyBoi

Jul 23, 2018
Bit late to the party, but finally finished Pathfinder II. Flying in Nazjatar feels so liberating and it's making it so much easier to gear my ALTs.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
"These upstart clans seek to seize the vale for themselves. Show them that they are nothing before the Rajani."

But... you guys don't actually... do... *literally* anything.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Monk's been fun so far at 120!
Four classes to go for 120, and then I'll have em all capped, which is ridiculous. You guys vote on what I do next:
  • Death Knight (110 Human or 90 Blood Elf -- leaning toward the latter since I think I want more horde toons these days)
  • Warlock (114 Dwarf or 91 Undead - see above)
  • Warrior (112 Tauren)
  • Shaman (116 Mag'har Orc)
I'm kinda jonesin' to give DK a spin finally. I always loved the look/feel + class fantasy, but melee was always something I couldn't click with in the past. Not so these days, so I might do it now.

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting article for all you Sylvanas lovers out there about how Blizzard keeps recycling the same sexist female villain archetype: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/...manic-pixie-nightmare-girls-and-fear-of-women

Already a thread about it, in case you want to discuss it more:

www.resetera.com

Blizzard's Long History of Manic Pixie Nightmare Girls and Fear of Women

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wxeze5/blizzards-long-history-of-manic-pixie-nightmare-girls-and-fear-of-women I'm a pretty avid Overwatch player, but I had no idea that Widowmaker was a problematic character trope in Blizzard games.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
So I was chatting with B-Dubs last night and we kinda thought an avatar bet for the release date of Shadowlands could be neat/fun/excruciating. Would any of you be interested in that? Someone could design an avatar and maybe a custom title or something could be involved. We'd need to hammer out the details but it could be an interesting gameplay loop. Plus, in true Blizzard fashion, we could always retcon the results an expansion or two later!

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Monk's been fun so far at 120!
Four classes to go for 120, and then I'll have em all capped, which is ridiculous. You guys vote on what I do next:
  • Death Knight (110 Human or 90 Blood Elf -- leaning toward the latter since I think I want more horde toons these days)
  • Warlock (114 Dwarf or 91 Undead - see above)
  • Warrior (112 Tauren)
  • Shaman (116 Mag'har Orc)
I'm kinda jonesin' to give DK a spin finally. I always loved the look/feel + class fantasy, but melee was always something I couldn't click with in the past. Not so these days, so I might do it now.

Death Knight is the best class in the game so I don't think you can go wrong there. Maybe consider an allied race DK since they start at 55 instead of 20 if you're interested in heritage armor?

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
So I was chatting with B-Dubs last night and we kinda thought an avatar bet for the release date of Shadowlands could be neat/fun/excruciating. Would any of you be interested in that? Someone could design an avatar and maybe a custom title or something could be involved. We'd need to hammer out the details but it could be an interesting gameplay loop. Plus, in true Blizzard fashion, we could always retcon the results an expansion or two later!

If you win, you get to change your avatar to a Sylvanas avatar. If you lose, you have to change to a Sylvanas avatar.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Basically we'd keep a list of every date that got picked and whoever gets it would get a tag and everyone else has to wear an avatar of shame.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Death Knight is the best class in the game so I don't think you can go wrong there. Maybe consider an allied race DK since they start at 55 instead of 20 if you're interested in heritage armor?

Got this Blood Elf rolling. 94 already. Azeroth Auto Pilot, WoD Garrison potions, Heirloom gear, Treasures, I'm flyin. Didn't realize Draught of Ten Lands works below 110, so Ima pile that on, too! Also, timewalking is a fast way to level too, right? I love the look and feel of a Frost DK. Closest thing to feeling like the Lich King himself. I know I should be doing Unholy for DPS, but eh. And I know I should actually probably be doing Blood for even faster leveling by being able to pull 20 mobs, but eh. Haha.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Got this Blood Elf rolling. 94 already. Azeroth Auto Pilot, WoD Garrison potions, Heirloom gear, Treasures, I'm flyin. Didn't realize Draught of Ten Lands works below 110, so Ima pile that on, too! Also, timewalking is a fast way to level too, right? I love the look and feel of a Frost DK. Closest thing to feeling like the Lich King himself. I know I should be doing Unholy for DPS, but eh. And I know I should actually probably be doing Blood for even faster leveling by being able to pull 20 mobs, but eh. Haha.

I consistently do well as a Frost DK. Unholy may be "better" but if you know the class and its abilities the difference is negligible because most people don't play at a perfection level anyway. Stay frost if that's what you like.

Doctor Doggo

Oct 25, 2017
What is the point to doing these time walking dungeons? I just ran like 4 and leveled so fast and got these badges. Should I hang on to the badges until I'm 120?

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Soooooo if I wanted the conquest mount this season... is that like... super hard to do? I've always wanted that new model of skeletal mount but it's always locked behind stuff I don't do.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Soooooo if I wanted the conquest mount this season... is that like... super hard to do? I've always wanted that new model of skeletal mount but it's always locked behind stuff I don't do.

I'm having the same problem.

I really wish the Vanilla mounts were just updated, but so far only the standard Kodo mounts have gotten an upgrade.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It's not hard, especially if you're geared. It's just going to take a lot of time, especially if you're not part of a good comp and don't really care to take it that seriously.

Deleted member 63832

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 14, 2020
We just have nzoth left for the week for Sunday, should be able to get Wrathion mythic unless we get a bunch of no shows.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just wanted to say that Stormwind Vision is so fucking bad and harder than Orgrimar and its makes me hate the game for the week it lasts.

Nuke Leaden Foot out of orbit.

Oct 25, 2017
Time walking is usually awesome for fresh capped characters or leveling. The black empire bind on account stuff makes it a bit less attractive though.

edit:

Is it possible to change sound output driver mid game without relaunching? Tired of having to relaunch because the game does not detect my bluetooth headset since it was not on before I launched or turned off during.

Last edited:

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
player base talking shit about someone though has no influence on Blizz rehiring them.

Ion and Lore are terrible and they've been very much "anti player" for a while. There needs to be a team shakeup if the past two years have proven anything. We need new blood and direction.

I'm not looking forward to beta. At least to my memory, beta used to be a really iterative process with lots of communication between the devs and players - particularly with class changes. Then it was radio silence until the next beta lol.

However, over the last couple of expansions, things seem locked in once it hit beta and any testing the players do is ignored. I always interpreted that as kinda fucked up because it shows that they trust their internal alpha testing over any amount of player feedback. Going into shadowlands, people know that the class/spec they see at beta will be what's there until the next expansion. I don't like their hands off approach compared to how it used to be.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Time walking is usually awesome for fresh capped characters or leveling. The black empire bind on account stuff makes it a bit less attractive though.

edit:

Is it possible to change sound output driver mid game without relaunching? Tired of having to relaunch because the game does not detect my bluetooth headset since it was not on before I launched or turned off during.
Yes! I think it's under System -> Sound and there's a drop down list of connected devices. I'd need to double check when I get home, but it's in a menu that sounds something like that. I change my output all the time in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.