• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Podge293

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's only just given the ongoing war england forfeit their spot to ensure Ukraine play

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Brazilian TV think we'll be taking them on in the final.

1500.jpg

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Group B must be the easiest group in the history of world cup draws.
Nah, if Iran plays like they did last WC, I can see USA (and maybe England) having trouble scoring a goal vs them. They played a very solid defence. Same with the other EU team, if it is Ukraine or Wales it could be a tough match for USA / England (yeah, England demolished Ukraine in the Euros, but it was vs a Ukraine with most of their top talent injured to hell and death).

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Spain, I was afraid after we got Germany. Luckily we evaded all African teams (they can be very scary), and we got possibly the "easiest" 4th (Costa Rica or New Zeland), and a good but not too terrifying third (Japan). Still, Spain tends to have slow starts so groups is going to be nerve wrecking again.
Lets hope Pedri and Fati arent injured...

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I feel like i read this about the US side every time they qualify for a world cup
Well, yeah, you do. The talent pool has been building from the ground up over the last two decades, every team we send to the WC is literally more talented than the last.

It's not hopium, just honest assessment. That doesn't mean we think we're taking the cup.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
I think something England (and US) fans are mistakenly doing is underestimating Iran. They aren't world-beaters, but they have decent enough quality. HOWEVER, they are basically playing at home with Qatar being a short, cheap flight. I suspect Iranians will be flooding the stadium for all three games.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Well, yeah, you do. The talent pool has been building from the ground up over the last two decades, every team we send to the WC is literally more talented than the last.

It's not hopium, just honest assessment. That doesn't mean we think we're taking the cup.
Same could be said for literally all European teams lol. The talent pool and training in Europe improves every single year.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017

yeah this is easily more talented than the 2010 and 2014 ones. The US, if I am not mistaken, is the youngest team to qualify for the WC.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
My team (Belgium 1st division, hardly a top league) bought Sam Vines over the summer who was in the winning US Gold Cup squad. Literally one of the worst players I've seen play at my team in the past 5 years. Hope the rest of your squad is a bit better because yikes.

Miazga was also terrible here.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
I want to say Mexico ain't making it out but idk how Poland has been. Ima say we go through with 4 points. Excited to see what US and Canada do.

Nesotenso

Oct 26, 2017
My team (Belgium 1st division, hardly a top league) bought Sam Vines over the summer who was in the winning US Gold Cup squad. Literally one of the worst players I've seen play at my team in the past 5 years. Hope the rest of your squad is a bit better because yikes.

Miazga was also terrible here.

Gold cup squad wasn't the A squad. Also nowadays any academy prospect going to Scandinavia or Belgium is seen as a disappointment by the US fanbase. This wasn't the case in the past.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Which is why it's silly to call any nation out for saying such, thank you for agreeing with me and helping us move along.
Not every nation spends every single WC saying "this time we will go far, this is the most talented team we have had". Unless you are english or american I guess.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
its cool that you don't remember the last copa america final

but that doesn't make brazil any less washed
You probably isnt aware but nobody in brazil cared about that for various reasons
Argentina history against brazil in the last 20 years is basically only losses

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Not every nation spends every single WC saying "this time we will go far, this is the most talented team we have had". Unless you are english or american I guess.
No American in this thread has even said we are going far. Lololol American is unnecessary in a thread where we are all just hanging out talking about the draw and predicting what happens.

Stop being a dickhead for no reason.

Brazil, Turkey, China, Costa Rica in 2002 would like a word.
Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria in 2014 wasn't exactly a sweatbox either.

hmp

Mar 29, 2022
the heat between USA and England fans is already noticeable months before the game is even played, you love to see it. Game is going to be great.

zuf

Oct 25, 2017
England are the only team confident with their draw obviously. I'm just glad I'm going to miss the outsized bleating against us this time as I'll trying to keep my following to this world cup to a minimum :)
How are you going to do that mate. It's in the middle of winter and there'll be nothing else to do but stay in and watch TV.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I didnt mean Spain is bad, I was just arguing against the notion Brazil winning them is crazy
We are the top ranked for a reason
Fifa rankings are hilarious. Belgium was number 1 for a very long period of time and they won zilch. In the end, I think most people just dont consider this Brazil team to be that talented.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017

We (the Dutch) will spend our time claiming we suck and will get destroyed and then somehow make it to the semi finals!

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fifa rankings are hilarious. Belgium was number 1 for a very long period of time and they won zilch. In the end, I think most people just dont consider this Brazil team to be that talented.
So now I am certain you didnt watch this Brazil, in terms of raw talent it only really loses to France