• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
We're not even in October yet. Shit is going to get even crazier. We are being drip-fed content so the public remains aware of just how much of a fuck-up this Cheeto is.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I live in a state Biden is advertising heavily in (NC), and TLP's ads are infinitely more effective than the ones Biden is running. Yeah I get that Biden lost family members and he'll be a resolute leader blah blah blah. Now attack this piece of shit in office please. Thankfully TLP has also started running shorter versions of their own ads in the state. But still the overwhelming number of ads are from Trump and they're all about how Joe is going to dismantle police departments which will lead to endless murders and rapes. Biden's campaign could be, and should be doing better imo.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
lmao trump is such an idiot

why would you call the actual watergate guy and tell him this?
s75JpKvIMasIgVYWTU74-iurG7CRSWteEG9gyfELsyk.jpg

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
This is so gross. Trump knew how bad it was, there are recordings of him saying so, but he told people not to worry and not wear masks etc and now we gotta listen to kaleigh lie her fucking ass off. So unfair that these people intentionally misleading Americans to their deaths for profit and power.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HAHA she skipped answering that response about putting troops in oil states.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017

He's writing books with tons of detailed information/on the record interviews obtained over the course of months/years of work.

If he just blurted out stuff here, there, everywhere, then he wouldn't be able to do that.

Like, I get that it's annoying that it wasn't known the second he found out - but then that would also make it much harder (if not impossible) for him to document this Presidency in such a detailed manner.

soda mixer

Jul 4, 2018
Woodward did a book two years ago...

It was called fire and fury. I own a copy.

This patter of holding incumbent presidents to account has been his thing for decades.

Woodward's previousTrump book was "Fear." "Fire and Fury" was by someone else, and I vaguely recall it being somewhat less well researched. It's been such a long few years though.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I knew about this a long time ago. Everyone who had done research also knew. It's just now revealed to the public & Trump admitting it on audio.

Trump's responsible for 6,526,716+ positive COVID cases & 194,463+ deaths. How does he even sleep at night? I hope that he gets RICO charges after he leaves office.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
-- Woodward reports that Trump's national security team expressed concerns the US may have come close to nuclear war with North Korea amid provocations in 2017. "We never knew whether it was real," Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is quoted as saying, "or whether it was a bluff." But it was so serious that Mattis slept in his clothes to be ready in case there was a North Korean launch and repeatedly went to the Washington National Cathedral to pray.

-- Trump boasted to Woodward about a new secret weapons system. "I have built a nuclear — a weapons system that nobody's ever had in this country before," Trump said. Woodward says other sources confirmed the information, without providing further details, but expressed surprise that Trump disclosed it.

Am I crazy or is this not the part we should be paying attention to? We already knew Trump was lying about COVID. Now we have to go back to worrying about him having his fucking finger on the button?

nomster

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing that McEnany can say the shit she's saying today without fear of repercussion. She should not be able to work for the rest of her life with this villainous display, but she'll get brought on as a VP of comms somewhere else just like every scumbag working there right now.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest, Trump downplaying the virus isn't the story here - we knew he's been doing that from the very very start.

It's the admittance being on record that's important.

Implying that Woodward is in any way responsible for the handling of this crisis is ridiculous.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Woodward's previousTrump book was "Fear." "Fire and Fury" was by someone else, and I vaguely recall it being somewhat less well researched. It's been such a long few years though.
Just pulled out my copy, you're right, I mistook the title with another book that came out about the same time.

I will restate that, despite my mistake, Woodward is a respected journalist, and his books are considered an important source of keeping the White House accountable.

Oct 28, 2017
He's an investigative journalist. Not an author.
Do you think Trump would really have acted sooner if those tapes were released in March? The White House is currently defending what he said. They have no shame and they wouldn't have done anything then and they aren't doing anything about it now.

Editing to add that focusing on if Woodward should have released the tapes earlier is something that will get twisted. We can't put the lives of nearly 200,000 people on him. This is all on Trump.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little tired of all of these books. Get rid of this asshole. Stop trying to profit off the chaos.

The President has already been impeached but his party won't remove him. There's literally nothing else that can be done to remove him until November.

This book could reveal that Trump was responsible for every misfortune in the last 30 years and it wouldn't move the needle with Republicans at all.