• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
190,000 dead Americans and counting.

Trump will go down in history along with Mussolini and Stalin as a "leader' most known for killing their own citizens.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe that theory I heard before was right.

Trump really doesn't want to be president, and tries so hard to not win, but people are that stupid and keep voting for him anyway.

Wdym, this is the fact of a man who is elated that he has won the Presidency

maxresdefault.jpg

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
So what's the spin gonna be from Trump's team? "Woodward is just trying to sell books?"

That argument kind of falls on its ass considering he also has recordings.
"Of course the President lied to people and downplayed the virus. He didn't want to start a panic! He was taking it SO seriously that he KNEW he had to downplay it and keep people calm. And he was right; it was the Radical Democrats and Fake News Media who created a panic!"

One and done. This is going to do jack-squat, I believe. Trump supporters will easily accept that they were lied to about this because of the excuse Trump gave.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the administration's top infectious disease expert, is quoted telling others Trump's leadership was "rudderless" and that his "attention span is like a minus number."

"His sole purpose is to get reelected," Fauci told an associate, according to Woodward

"attention span like a minus number"

LMAO

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL this propaganda response at the briefing. They're legit trying to deflect audio of him lying?

He said for months kids are okay and schools should never be closed. We have audio of him, six months ago, saying he has evidence that shows young people are at risk to this virus.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
Of course Trump talked to Woodward directly. He thinks he's god's greatest gift to us all so of course he thinks only he can set the record straight. It's the same reason why he just went ahead and shared the "perfect" Ukraine call that should have led to impeachment, or why he keeps boasting about his performance on a basic cognition test.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
wait... why did Trump feel comfortable talking so freely to this guy?

Also, the way that he talks in private shows you that he is not as dumb as he comes across in public. He gets it.

He admired Woodward's books exposing the crimes of the Obama administration, simple as that.

He is as dumb as we expect, but his speech patterns are often interpreted for reading clarity, and it makes him seem more competent at the job of president than he is.

Trump doesnt understand how anything outside his personal bubble works, everything about his presidency has been about himself. His numbers, his crowds, his ratings, his popularity.

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
I remember one of those 12 or 3 pm WH press briefings earlier in the year, Trump had a complete change of tone saying how really deadly it was, many are going to die, and multiple times, 'its bad, folks' to press. But soon after, like before, he went right back to, it's just a flu and it'll go away. Wonder what happened then. I think stock market was tanking hard is when he went back to just a flu mode.
That particular 24-hour "tone change" was on July 22, one day after his final Woodward interview.
In their final interview, on July 21, Trump vented to Woodward, "The virus has nothing to do with me. It's not my fault."

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus. Revelation after revelation, which unfortunately means 90% of this will get no attention by the media.

Trump was taken with Kim's flattery, Woodward writes, telling the author pridefully that Kim had addressed him as "Excellency." Trump remarked that he was awestruck meeting Kim for the first time in 2018 in Singapore, thinking to himself, "Holy shit," and finding Kim to be "far beyond smart." Trump also boasted to Woodward that Kim "tells me everything," including a graphic account of Kim having his uncle killed.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Why would he even sit down with Woodward? The guy is an idiot, but its an election year and Woodward cut his teeth destroying political aspirations.
He can't not be the center of attention. He was pissy over Woodward's last book because he wasn't interviewed for it. Being interviewed by Woodward was apparently more important than accidentally admitting in public that he'd lied about the virus from day one.

No one should be surprised by this. When can we expect this piece of shit to be locked up?

I actually am surprised that Trump was seemingly so well-versed on the virus, given how fucking stupid he's presented himself as all year.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Can't wait to hear from Sarah about how this isn't the Trump she knew at all and how in private he repeatedly told her this was no worse than the flu and would disappear over night.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck all of these people who wait to release their shitty book to make a profit off of people's suffering instead of speaking up when the country needs you the most.

I have the same issue with all these asshats with "former" in front of their title that wait to speak out against him. They only tell the truth when theyre out of his orbit. Fuck em all.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guilty of enjoying these exposès.
Fear was a pretty engrossing read, little doubt this will be equally interesting.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Jesus. Revelation after revelation, which unfortunately means 90% of this will get no attention by the media.
Trump was taken with Kim's flattery, Woodward writes, telling the author pridefully that Kim had addressed him as "Excellency." Trump remarked that he was awestruck meeting Kim for the first time in 2018 in Singapore, thinking to himself, "Holy shit," and finding Kim to be "far beyond smart." Trump also boasted to Woodward that Kim "tells me everything," including a graphic account of Kim having his uncle killed.
The seduction of Donald Trump by the cretin Kim Jong Un

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Per the CNN summary of the book:

Woodward reports new details on Russia's election meddling, writing that the NSA and CIA have classified evidence the Russians had placed malware in the election registration systems of at least two Florida counties, St. Lucie and Washington. While there was no evidence the malware had been activated, Woodward writes, it was sophisticated and could erase voters in specific districts. The voting system vendor used by Florida was also used in states across the country.

i feel this is uh... a pretty big deal

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If America is stupid enough to elect Donald Trump a second time, knowing what we know now, we absolutely deserve every terrible thing that will happen to us as a result.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Fuck all of these people who wait to release their shitty book to make a profit off of people's suffering instead of speaking up when the country needs you the most.

I have the same issue with all these asshats with "former" in front of their title that wait to speak out against him. They only tell the truth when theyre out of his orbit. Fuck em all.

This is Bob Woodward we're talking about.

He's a reporter, and he released his book when it was done. It's extremely unlikely that profit was the motive behind its release.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Even if it was his intention to keep people calm, he understood the severity of the situation and did nothing to alleviate it. 200,000 people are dead. It's a massive failure, no matter how you spin it. There is no excuse.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Holy shit at all the tapes and audio. Let's hope this explodes and helps get this pos out of office.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing what we do about Trump and how much of a wimp he actually is, he probably views Woodward with some amount of respect and sees him as a peer. Hence why his guard was down speaking to him

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"He's the most transparent president in history"

I don't think this statement sticks the way she just tried to argue it...

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
His answer on the "living in a cave" set of questioning, dealing with empathy on issues of race, is pretty much exactly why Republicans and bigots will ride or die with him.

Just incapable of looking beyond privilege and scoffs at the mere idea, the most minimal amount of understanding. He was so quick with his "drinking the Kool-Aid" answer you can almost imagine Trump rolling his eyes and making a jerk-off gesture with his fist while saying it.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
The virus stuff is obviously getting the most play currentl you no the networks and the Biden campaign certainly should use that material. But the stuff relating to the military is what will likely break through to on the fence voters.

The stuff about him shitting on his generals and his generals/nsa shitting on him needs to be plastered everywhere.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
It Biden and democrats don't come out and say, full stop "Trump knew and he did NOTHING. People out there lost loved ones cause of this. Trump's inaction KILLED people that you love. His inaction is why YOUR kids are in danger. His inaction is why 50 million people lost their jobs.
All of this is on him and don't let him tell you otherwise. If he didn't want the responsibility then he shouldn't have run for the job. Period."

Between that and his comments about the military, this should paint a picture for ANYONE AND EVERYONE that he doesn't care about anybody.