• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At this point we know trump is evil AND stupid. I think this is more damning for the congressional enablers. If trump wanted to downplay it, that's Trump being Trump, but this means congress knew. And they could have set the example but they didn't.

They can't uncouple now.

They're either riding with him, or sinking with him.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about the nuke reveal is that it's apparently quite a piece of tech and it should be hush-hush. So you know Putin had the blueprints Day One.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Biden's ad team better have this audio ready to go in some swing state ads ASAP.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Its been said multiple times and across many threads. He can't win with his base alone. No ones trying to convince them of anything anymore. The information about Trump existed before his presidency and produces new bullshit nearly every day. They're immovable. There's no need to spend any more energy to be wasted throwing new information down that black hole.
He can definitely win with just his base with enough voter suppression, intentional delays to the mail, lawsuits not to count certain (or all) mailed ballots, and whatever else he comes up with. He only has to do this stuff in a few battleground states.

dynamitejim

Oct 25, 2017
He really is doing a Nixon speedrun. He's lucky Mitch McConnell is just as big of an amoral sociopath as he is.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
It's not his fault! He was just following orders!

/not so subtly calling him both a Nazi and Putin's bitch

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Woodward is a journalist. The one that broke the Watergate scandal. His book deal was likely already a thing before he even knew what this book was going to be about.

In fact, I'm sure he was walking in expecting to get some other information out of Trump (Russia and Ukraine). Trump almost literally handed the coronavirus information to Woodward on a platter right on his lap.

Okay, the one time I fail to read the context and react quickly as I had something come up, I got it wrong. My bad, haha. I've just seen so many of these damn book deals with breaking info about this kind of stuff coming from 'insiders' and I thought it was one of those.

Nov 6, 2017
So what's the spin gonna be from Trump's team? "Woodward is just trying to sell books?"

That argument kind of falls on its ass considering he also has recordings.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
This is huge and there are receipts. I hope this continues the avalanche of dooming his reelection chances.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Possible Trump supporter spin: "TRUMP NEVER DOWNPLAYED THE VIRUS!!! HE ALWAYS TOOK IT SERIOUSLY!!!"

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Possible Trump supporter spin: "TRUMP NEVER DOWNPLAYED THE VIRUS!!! HE ALWAYS TOOK IT SERIOUSLY!!!"

My guess it they'll point out the "didn't want to cause a panic" bit and say he was being thoughtful and responsible. We all know he really meant he didn't want to fuck with the stock market.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
did he really just leak a new nuclear missile delivery system

Donald you stupid motherfucker
The president is (unfortunately in this case) the top designator of classified material in the country. Once he says something publicly it's no longer classified and he or she can't be stopped from revealing anything that they choose to reveal.

It was a point that I tried in vain to covey to folks during the whole "BUTTER EMAILS" saga. Clinton at the time was SoS and top classification official over her department so legally she can't be charged mishandling classified State intel. The FBI was attempting to build a case that she mishandled DoD intel by sending emails about the drone program from her personal account but the State Dept didn't consider that program to be classified as everyone and their grandma knew about it. That's the real reason the FBI didn't charge her with anything but since Comey is a douche who wanted to appear "impartial" he made it seem like she got away with something.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
The mere fact he agreed to talk on tape with woodward is disqualifying and brings his mental capacity into question. Then we get into what he actually said. Jesus.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the spin gonna be from Trump's team? "Woodward is just trying to sell books?"

That argument kind of falls on its ass considering he also has recordings.

He'd had a very very long day of being everyone's favourite President, and got his words mixed up.

Or they're desperately trying to find a Donald Trump impersonator.

To be honest, I don't see how he can be spun out of this....

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty devastating shit, and I think the part that I'm most surprised about is Trump's own capacity for understanding the threat and facts of the virus weeks and months before the public learned about some of these things. It makes Trump's public profile of total ignorance on the subject even more baffling.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Audio, finally, there's audio. He can't spin it as a Trump hater if it's his fucking words.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I remember one of those 12 or 3 pm WH press briefings earlier in the year, Trump had a complete change of tone saying how really deadly it was, many are going to die, and multiple times, 'its bad, folks' to press. But soon after, like before, he went right back to, it's just a flu and it'll go away. Wonder what happened then. I think stock market was tanking hard is when he went back to just a flu mode.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is a given. No doubt whatsoever Trump has been calling Putin. Shit, I wouldn't be remotely surprised if he was asking Putin for advice on how to deal with specific issues.

He told a journalist that wasn't even asking about it about our brand new super secret weapons. Putin must have the fucking blueprints at this point

Africanus II

Oct 26, 2017
I can't feign shock anymore. Folks have known who this man is for decades. At this point, I fully expect Trump to get a pardon or die before anything happens.