Status
Not open for further replies.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
This might be the first time I'd be mad if the person suing the corporation wins. This situation is 10000000% her fault

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This might be the first time I'd be mad if the person suing the corporation wins. This situation is 10000000% her fault
It's the US.

It's going to go along the lines of: "nowhere on the packaging or website does it state that the product should not be sprayed on someone's head!"

Request: 10m USD

oldboss

Shinra Employee
Nov 9, 2017
Wheeew. The carnival of stupid continues with this one I see. I'm truly dumbfounded by how anyone can be willing to defend that person. Let's see how this ends.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
I can't believe we still got people in here defending her. She's forty years old. I don't care if she's never seen gorilla glue before. Putting something you've never seen on your head without reading the label? That's a dumb move.

Imma go eat some rat poison now. It only says rat in the name.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
The people who agree with this man make me sad inside.

This dude is the reason why they have to put "do not eat before cooking" on frozen pizzas. And the reason I have to make sure to put up a wet floor sign in my department...that customers have no business being in the first place. There are people lacking common sense and grifters looking for an opportunity to cash in.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I wonder if some of the good will feelings people had towards her was due to how young she looks.

The fact she looks extremely young but is actually a 40 year old adult I'm sure makes people more likely to have empathy for a bad decision. Is she actually looked 40 I'm willing to bet a lot of the sympathy for a person who knew it was glue and still used it would have disappeared.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
This dude is the reason why they have to put "do not eat before cooking" on frozen pizzas. And the reason I have to make sure to put up a wet floor sign in my department...that customers have no business being in the first place. There are people lacking common sense and grifters looking for an opportunity to cash in.

Preparation h days do not ingest orally on it. One of my favorites.

So many times I see warning and think "what idiot tried this?" At least this time when we see "do not use in hair" on future bottles of glue we will know.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
I wonder if some of the good will feelings people had towards her was due to how young she looks.

The fact she looks extremely young but is actually a 40 year old adult I'm sure makes people more likely to have empathy for a bad decision. Is she actually looked 40 I'm willing to bet a lot of the sympathy for a person who knew it was glue and still used it would have disappeared.

Shallowness is revealed in many ways.

Maxximo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well another grift then, good times ahead for her lawyer. Honestly if she decides to sue, hope se loses the case.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Well, that's unfortunate but suing for her own incompetence? Dumb.

I've seen the analogies but I'm not going to gargle radiator fluid as mouth wash. Mistake my own poop for chocolate frosting. Or the damning and common misconception that sewage makes the best milk shake.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

...i don't think "black people need special instructions for household products" is a good thing to say

That tweet is peak stupidity, she didn't just apply it to he hair, she also applied it to the skin beneath her hair and the bottle seemingly warns against getting it on your skin. Had she just gotten it in her hair she could easily have cut it off, you can't say the warning label isn't good enough by pretending she didn't put it on her skin when that's the entire issue.

She obviously fucked up bad and needs help correcting her mistake, but it's hard to have sympathy with her if she tries to sue a glue manufacturer for making a too damn good product she used incorrectly.

Last edited:

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
There is no rational way to win this in court, unless label has zero information about safety hazards. You cannot claim lack of common sense in court when you use heavy duty industrial glue on your scalp.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I can't believe we still got people in here defending her. She's forty years old. I don't care if she's never seen gorilla glue before. Putting something you've never seen on your head without reading the label? That's a dumb move.

Imma go eat some rat poison now. It only says rat in the name.
The poison packaging probably says "do not eat", but you could probably hold it under your tongue or crush and snort it while still following the manufacturer directions

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
This story is awful for so many reasons, it was a stupid (monumentally so) mistake, she should have read the label and not just assumed it would be like some PVA glue and i have so much sympathy for her! I've done stupid shit when I've been in a rush or made an assumption.

However now she's suing my sympathy has waned, she's either been taken advantage of by some ambulance chaser, fallen for their lies of a big pay-out or is just more stupid than i first thought and has blamed Gorilla. It does kind of make me look at the video's with a level of suspicion too, at first I thought they were to document and warn others (perhaps naively) now I wonder was it for the prospect of ad revenue, a go fund me getting set up or some other way of recompense to cover bills
Even then I mean I get it, given the medical bills in the US she will need money and any help she can get for a normal life.
I could still be wrong, but the suing makes me doubt my initial take on this

Its just such a bad situation, the poor lady.

I mean she would have been better reaching out to Gorilla glue, asking for help and self depreciatingly said "you help me and I'll help you - I'll be in commercials, training videos etc on how strong your product is and how not to use it", just look at people's reactions, in the worst way its shown the product really REALLY stick things and all joking aside will improve Gorilla's reputation in that respect, just look to this thread

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised she's trying to sue. She went through a traumatic experience that was seen by everyone online. Probably doesn't know how to react and she's being given bad advice.

When something like this happens Google and Twitter should have to pay a percentage of the profits from how many times the story was shared on their sites. Crazy how much money social media makes from others misfortune.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017

...i don't think "black people need special instructions for household products" is a good thing to say

Something something products liability. I remember going over products liability first year in law school and barely remember anything about it. But I do remember that manufacturers have to anticipate potential, foreseeable misuse of their products and warn against it.

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not surprised she's trying to sue. She went through a traumatic experience that was seen by everyone online. Probably doesn't know how to react and she's being given bad advice.

When something like this happens Google and Twitter should have to pay a percentage of the profits from how many times the story was shared on their sites. Crazy how much money social media makes from others misfortune.
This being seen by everyone online is entirely her fault, though. She is willingly seeking out attention and making interviews. She's making it clear she doesn't want any sort of privacy regarding putting industrial strength glue in her hair and waiting a month before seeking professional help.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
We feel the thread and story have run their course for now and don't want to host or encourage the voyeurism on display.

Status
Not open for further replies.