• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you get a „Switch Pro“ at Launch?

• I have a Switch and will get the Pro version at launch

Votes: 1,809 65.3%
  • I have a Switch and won‘t get the Pro Version at launch

Votes: 693 25.0%
  • I don’t have a Switch, but will get the Pro Version at launch

Votes: 127 4.6%
  • I don’t have a Switch and have no interest in a Pro Version either

Votes: 141 5.1%

• Total voters

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
Regarding the recent rumours of a new "Switch Pro" launch for this September/October: Are you interested into getting one at launch? And if so, do you already own a Switch or not? Would like to see what Era thinks.

The "Switch Pro" enhancements relate to what we currently know: 4K DLSS, 720p OLED Display and stronger hardware overall.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I'd like to see what it actually is and does before I can answer this.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
If I can yes, I've been holding on buying some first and third party games in the hope that they'd get performance improvements with this revision

Capricorn

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be there day one even if there are no performance improvements. Just give me a better screen and I'll be happy!

It also helps that my left joycon has been drifting badly for a year or so, and my right one has started to drift as well... And I've not bought new ones yet just because I'm waiting for the Pro to come out 😬

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
There's more and more Switch release with disappointing performance, lately it was Age of Calamity and Disgaea 6, so yeah it's day one for me.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, since Switch is my main plattform so ill always try to get the best version of it. Its been 4 years so im ready for an upgrade.

But for this kinda thread...wouldnt it make more sense to wait until its announced shortly ?

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
If all the things about DLSS and things comes to fruition, I would. Really need to see first what it can do and what games are going to be shown for the new Switch

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I will, maybe trade in my OG Switch (also have a Lite), but I will get it as soon as I can.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on how much the games I already have will benefit.

Also whether I can even get one with the chip shortage

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Probably, I assume it's going to be the definitive experience for Btwo & other first party games. Although hopefully not a deadweight like the New3DS.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
No. I barely use my Switch. And games will most likely still look/run better on other platforms anyway.

Spark

Dec 6, 2017
Why wouldn't you? It'll sold out for the rest of the year, if you get it a RRP it'll retain it's value for ages. I'll likely buy one in September and resell it in Jan and wouldn't have lost a cent.

Fliep

Banned
Feb 13, 2018
My Switch is collecting dust since months...so no I don't think I buy a new one.
If there is a trade in-option where I give my old one and pay 50 bucks or so for the new version I would consider it though.

OGM_Madness

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Dec 3, 2019
If it makes all current games better (better performance), then yes… if I can find one. I bet this is going to be scalped to death.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I got a switch at launch and will try to get a pro at launch as well.

I'm hoping it'll have a better wifi chip

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Not getting a Switch at launch, when I had time to spare and could have afforded it is a mistake I won't repeat. Also I will upgrade from the Lite, so I expect stuff like MH Rise to look and run much better.

If I manage to get a preorder in I will be there Day 1.

Cubs017

Mar 16, 2020
No. I can't justify paying for something that probably just enhances games that I can play on my Switch already. Not to mention that they're going to be impossible to find even if I did want one...

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Most definitely. I'm in there just for the OLED screen and 720p docked and handheld parity (or maximum resolution in dynamic res games). Unlock those handheld limits! Anything else is extra.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
If the rumors and expectations about DLSS capable hardware is true, yes, asap.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Yup as long as I can get a good amount of money back on my Switch. I have two of them right now and need to get rid of one (or both if I get the Pro)

Sep 29, 2019
If i had the money, yes. But unfortunately i won't have the money for it anywhere when it releases lol. But i will for sure eventually gonna get it.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Depends on what games will be available to take advantage of it. I'm definitely not going to play AAA games on Switch if I can play them on a PS5 or PC. Nintendo has to make updates across the majority of their first party catalog. If I still see a lack of anti-aliasing then no thanks.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
I need to see more about it first, but it's very tempting I will say. My Joy-Cons are a mess so something needs to be replaced this year either way :P

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Absolute sucker for new hardware from PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo.

I'm very likely to be trying for day 1, but I don't think I have the thick skin to tough out the onslaught if I miss the first wave. So it's day 1 or wait a while for me.