Will We See Silent Hill @ The Game Awards?

• Yes

Votes: 399 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 903 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck it, I'm on the yes train.

Somebody ask Michael Huber he'll either make it so or make it not so with his answer.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I will never believe anything is coming out of Konami until I have it in my console and even then they might take it away like they did with PT.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I want the believe...it would be the most hyped I've been for a long while if it does. There aren't many dormant IP's that would excite me so much besides maybe Syphon Filter.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
It's way more likely these insiders were told fan fiction.

I mean, the primary source of the Japan Studio reboot information is someone that has gotten other very specific things correct regarding Sony, had credibility vetted by mods here (feel free to call Transistor out), and has connecting information that another verified member, DuskGolem, believes.

So take that as you will.

The Kojima/Silent Hills rumors? THAT I would agree is bullshit fed by fan-fiction. 😅

Gestalt

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
Everything I've heard about this strikes me as too good to be true, so I'm gonna have to say no. Especially on the end of Kojima working on it. Metal Gear fans (including me) love getting excited about unfounded rumors and even though some sources are verified I just don't see it happening outside of very wishful thinking. Would genuinely be a mind breaking megaton.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Replace ps5 with Xbox and you have a more believable rumour.

How will the game awards be done this year? Doritos pope standing against a mtn dew green screen?

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
has Sony ever had any reveal in Game Awards?

Here's all of Sony's presence from previous VGAs/TGAs

VGA 2007: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Trailer
VGA 2008: Uncharted 2 Reveal & God of War 3 Trailer
VGA 2009: Nothing but Uncharted 2 won GOTY
VGA 2010: Uncharted 3 Reveal & Kratos in MK9
VGA 2011: TLOU Reveal
VGA 2012: TLOU Story Trailer
VGX 2013: Nothing but we did get this...
69b2e69846aad72a618340d4f4da33f1.gif

TGA 2014: Bloodborne Gameplay Trailer & The Order 1886/Until Dawn Trailers
TGA 2015: Uncharted 4 Nadine Reveal
TGA 2016: Death Stranding Guillermo & Mads Reveal
TGA 2017: Death Stranding & Dreams Trailer
TGA 2018: Nothing but God of War won GOTY and this happened...
maxresdefault.jpg

TGA 2019: Ghost of Tsushima Trailer & Godfall as the first PS5 title announcement

So they definitely have *some* presence. I'm guessing since they were planning to have a huge launch party for PS5 (last one gave us the Uncharted 4 teaser) maybe they'll give Geoff something that they wanted to reveal themselves.

Not sure about Silent Hill but if they do got it, I think this is the one place you could drop a reveal. My money is on Factions Reveal though (ND must love Geoff XD).

Last edited:

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
I'm saying no but I'd like to be proven wrong.
But even if I am proven wrong, there's no guarantee that it would be a good game.

Krooner

Oct 27, 2017
You'd think that.
BUT Silent Hill is more popular in the West- and the assumption is that Sony is ready for Japan Studio to make the leap from 'niche Japanese development' to a more global appeal, following the broad footsteps of their other internal teams that have hit massive success in the past couple generations. Maybe (hopefully) they feel it's time for Japan Studio to be more than a support studio and play in the big leagues? Resurrecting Silent Hill and it being actually good could definitely be the start of that.

Some truth in that I suppose. Though, I'm not expecting a AAA horror game in a new Silent Hill. Horror games simply aren't doing the numbers to support it. I'm imagining something mid-tier in line with what Japan Studio already does production-wise.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
You're all going to be disappointed in this thing like every year, don't increase the suffering on yourselves by thinking any reveals will be on this sort of level.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I've been strung along enough this year in regards to Silent Hill. I refuse to believe there's anything noteworthy in the pipeline until it's staring me right in the face.

Seriously, I'd be in a sour mood for weeks if I stayed up at 2 in the morning to watch Geoff Keighley's 3 hour shindig, the whole time expecting to see Silent Hill and not getting so much as a whisper.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do want to see it happen, but this has been in the rumour mill for ages with constant delays in announcement if we're supposed to believe the insiders. So I'm going with my gut feeling of no.

Lepi

Mar 24, 2020
The latest round of rumours is from a guy who "predicted" there would be a god of war sequel right? The most obvious prediction ever. That's like predicting there will be an FFVII remake part 2. Anyone who has played god of war can see that it obviously set up for a sequel and does not resolve the entire plot. That's just common sense, 0% chance that youtuber is a creditable source (how surprising...).

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suppose Rockstar will have released Agent by the time we have actual news on a SH game. Also, would love to see the PS5 getting both Agent and the new 007 game, but at least one of those is actually coming.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The latest round of rumours is from a guy who "predicted" there would be a god of war sequel right? The most obvious prediction ever. That's like predicting there will be an FFVII remake part 2. Anyone who has played god of war can see that it obviously set up for a sequel and does not resolve the entire plot. That's just common sense, 0% chance that youtuber is a creditable source (how surprising...).
Exactly. And the time since release had been long enough that it was a safe bet.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Something not showing up to be announced doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Project like that can take many years before it will see the light of day in a first trailer.
Usually where there is smoke there is fire, and there have been rumors for over a year now. If its in development I don't expect to see anything this year nor the next.

TechnoSyndro

May 15, 2019
After Keighley's big speech about Konami blocking Kojima from accepting his MGSV award I would be surprised to ever see a Konami announcement at the show.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
After Toyama leaving now I am getting my doubts. if the game isn't shown there then it has a high chance of being canned or not going wel right now.
But we will see GOWR trailer there 110%

has Sony ever had any reveal in Game Awards?

they usually have commercials and sales, or just stuff like Death Stranding footage where it's not their studio but it's ps4 only

they're due to have sommit imo

prob not silent hill tho

They had the first early ingame trailer during VGA 2008 for the first time after the E3 CGI teaser trailer. So it will be the same now with GOWR.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I think this was all enormously misreported. The recently discussed Sony departures cast a ton of doubt on this rumor for me. If this actually exists and amounts to anything, we won't see it for years.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Where there is smoke there is fire, make enough noise and it wil eventually come. We been trough the same with FF7 remake and last gaurdian and other titles. Even if there are not any plans, maybe they will notice the demand and in a couple of years we will see the game.

Oct 25, 2017
It is dead.

Even if a Sony Japan game ever existed, losing its director midway through development doesn't instil much confidence.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here's all of Sony's presence from previous VGAs/TGAs

VGA 2007: Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Trailer
VGA 2008: Uncharted 2 Reveal & God of War 3 Trailer
VGA 2009: Nothing but Uncharted 2 won GOTY
VGA 2010: Uncharted 3 Reveal & Kratos in MK9
VGA 2011: TLOU Reveal
VGA 2012: TLOU Story Trailer
VGX 2013: Nothing but we did get this...
69b2e69846aad72a618340d4f4da33f1.gif

TGA 2014: Bloodborne Gameplay Trailer & The Order 1886/Until Dawn Trailers
TGA 2015: Uncharted 4 Nadine Reveal
TGA 2016: Death Stranding Guillermo & Mads Reveal
TGA 2017: Death Stranding & Dreams Trailer
TGA 2018: Nothing but God of War won GOTY and this happened...
maxresdefault.jpg

TGA 2019: Ghost of Tsushima Trailer & Godfall as the first PS5 title announcement

So they definitely have *some* presence. I'm guessing since they were planning to have a huge launch party for PS5 (last one gave us the Uncharted 4 teaser) maybe they'll give Geoff something that they wanted to reveal themselves.

Not sure about Silent Hill but if they do got it, I think this is the one place you could drop a reveal. My money is on Factions Reveal though (ND must love Geoff XD).
Man, I forgot how long ago the VGAs started. And I was watching them all! I remember very much seeing that Uncharted 2 reveal trailer. Also Sam Jackson hosted the show like 5 times or so lol.

I feel old. :(

Dec 6, 2017
US
My vote is 'no' and even as a SH fan, I've reached that point where my hype has just turned into some mixture of annoyance and indifference.

Status
Not open for further replies.