Will We See Silent Hill @ The Game Awards?

• Yes

Votes: 399 30.6%
  • No

Votes: 903 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2020
I do not think that we see it. I know there is great interest in a possible game but I just don't see it at this point.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I think Sony has held off until a 2021 reveal for either a late '21 or early '22 release.
So no. I don't think it'll be at TGA. I'd love to be wrong.

I am, of course, referring to the Reboot, not Silent Hills.

Both KatharsisT and DuskGolem have repeatedly stated that Kojima resurrecting Silent Hills isn't happening. Not to say it will never happen, but something might have been on the table and it fell through from the sounds of it. Seems to me like Kojima wants to do his own stuff, which shouldn't surprise anyone.
These new rumors appear to be from one source- Moore's Law- which many insist is, let's just say, not exactly the most credible.

That said, the PlayStation Studios/Japan Studio Silent Hill reboot, lead by Toyama, is supposedly still in play and was scheduled to be revealed this year, but apparently unspecified issues have delayed that reveal. Whatever info KatharsisT has seems strong enough to escape the ban-hammer from mods here AND make DuskGolem (who has stated with "100 certainty" that some Japanese developed Silent Hill has been in production since early '19, he just can't confirm it's SIE Japan Studio) a believer, matching up with things he's heard from unrelated, trusted sources. Also, although he's regularly mocked around here, Roberto was adamant that the SH Reboot didn't exist until he had a private conversation with Katharsis. His tune changed quickly. Opportunist? Likely. But still, he went from 0 to 100 really fast, lol.

Time will tell.

Camisado

Nov 3, 2017
I want it to be announced and released at the same time, if only to shut all you people up about it.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Eddie Vedder will announce it.
Eddie is in Pearl Jam

Pearl Jam is an anagram of El Map Jar.

Silent Hill uses a map, so my deduction is that the town of Silent Hill is now in Spain and someone, probably Pyramid Head, buried the map in a jar on the beach.

It's happening.

Big Powder

Oct 25, 2017
I usually would vote no, but I'm in the mood today to vote yes. After so many rumors and "it's gonna be revealed soon" "oh whoops, pulled last second", I wouldn't be too surprised if it did show up there.

TheJollyCorner

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Makes me wonder if any Sony reps in-the-know browse this forum and look at this thread thinking either:

giphy.gif

or

tenor.gif

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
No...and I think I've given up on thinking this is happening anymore. Prove me wrong though Sony.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
Kojima will walk on stage to reveal that Silent Hills, Metal Gear Solid Remake, and Death Stranding 2 are all one crossover game co-developed by Kojima Productions, Bluepoint, and Japan Studio

Silent Hill is a beach and Sam Porter Bridges has to team up with Solid Snake to escape

Edit: and Alucard and Dante and the kid from Ico

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Even if it does exist, I don't know why people would expect it at The Game Awards? Even if you trust the insiders who've claimed it exists, they've been completely wrong on the unveiling dates for it repeatedly now and Sony doesn't usually do much at The Game Awards do they? Have Sony ever shown something at the game awards, nevermind announced something?

If it exists it'll be part of a Sony event like a State of Play. Hopefully sooner rather than later, mainly because I want a Ratchet date 😜

Off topic but... Where's the rhyno of your avatar from? It seems familiar but I can't quite remember where I saw it.
It's Reznor from Super Mario World
tumblr_mr1copaDEs1r3smugo1_500.gifv

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
Well, I'm not sure if it will be shown there but im quite sure it's a thing and we will see it sooner or later.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
Yeah just like we seen it at the first ps5 event and the second event it'll definitely be at the game awards and if it's not don't worry it'll be at the next state of play I promise

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Sooner will a bunger say something other than bunger will this game be shown.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
I believe that a Silent Hill game is existence, but I'll be quite surprised if they do announce it at the TGAs to be honest.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Looking back the past few years, I think the only thing Sony has ever shown at TGA was a couple of Death Stranding trailers (which was probably more a Kojima deal than a Sony one.)

Not sure why anyone would expect any Sony stuff from it this year, although it'd be nice I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.